News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What would you make in a new Dino Toy Company?

Started by Takama, August 08, 2012, 05:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowYaverlandia756

( *orthocone* thinks this topic should be brought back) If I would have a dinosaur toy company I would make 1:40 scale models but also 1:30,1:20 and even 1:10,5 or 1.
      My models would be very detailed and accurate,mabye even some pose-able ones so that they can be put for display but also offer a lot of playability.
       At the end,I would most likely have about 350 species,grouped by period and classification into different toy lines.
       My first 20 animals would be:
1 Tyrannosaurus
2 Triceratops
3 Velociraptor
4 Stegosaurus
5 Brachiosaurus
6 Dilong
7 Eotyrannus
8 Compsognathus
9 Placodus
10 Hydroterosaurus
11 Pyroraptor
12 Lusotitan
13 Cryolphosaurus
14 Lusotitan
15 Huaxiagnathus
16 Efraasia
17 Thecodontosaurus
18 Eucoelophysis
19 Syntarsus
20 Yaverlandia
Meet my friend orthocone!He is pretty quiet...

amargasaurus cazaui

So apparently the double listing for Lusotitan suggests that you will make it twice, in two different scales?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Stegoraptor Rex

Parasaurolophus
Ankylosaurus
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Chasmosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Amargasaurus
Brachiosaurus
Velociraptor
Allosaurus
Giganotosaurus
Spinosaurus
Tyrannosaurus
Oviraptor
Gigantoraptor
Carnotaurus
Ceratosaurus
Troodon
Utahraptor
Gallimimus
Moschops
Dimetrodon
Pteranodon
Dimorphodon
Dilophosaurus
Embolotherium
Entelodon
Canis Dirus
Coelodonta
Gastornis
Megaloceros
Smilodon
Mammuthus primigenius
Ursus spelaeus
Archaeopteryx
Baryonyx
Charcharodontosaurus
Apatosaurus
Compsognathus
Corythosaurus
Camarasaurus
Pterodactylus
Acrocanthosaurus
Torosaurus
Ouranosaurus
Iguanodon
Albertosaurus
Pachyrhinosaurus
Edmontosaurus
Dryosaurus
Yutyrannus
Tuojiangosaurus
Minmi
Xiphactinus
Dakosaurus
Dromeosaurus
Mosasaurus
Henodus
Dunkleosteus
Carachodon megalodon
Megatherium
Stokesosaurus
Kronosaurus
Platecarpus
Quetzalcoatlus
Guanlong
Anomalocaris 
Tylosaurus
Kelenken
Titanis
Leedsichthys
Basilosaurus
Psephoderma
Leptocleidus
Hainosaurus
Shonisaurus
Hesperornis
Icthyosaurus
Therizinosaurus
Elasmosaurus
Gorgonops
Opabinia
Cameraceras  *orthocone*
Stethacanthus
Icthyostega
Meganeura
Scutosaurus
A Pair of diictodon
Coelophysis
Postosuchus
Metriorhynchus
A trio of Othnielia
Diplodocus
Ornitholestes eating a othnielia
Tapejara
Koolasuchus eating a leaellynasaura
Leaellynasaura with nest and hatchling
Homo floresiensis with dead giant tree rat prey
Homo neanderthalensis with spear
Australopithecus eating carrion
Anatotitan
Argentinosaurus
Barapasaurus
A Tree of one Microraptor gui and two confuciusornis
Deinonychus
Eoraptor
Incisivosaurus
Megalosaurus
Ornithomimus
Plateosaurus
Psittacosaurus with nest
Repenomamus eating a hatchling psittacosaurus
Saltasaurus
Protoceratops
Protoceratops fighting velociraptor
A trio of Sinornithosaurus in a tree
Styracosaurus
Syntarsus
Archelon
Cretoxyrhina mantelli
Cearadactylus
Dilong
Europasaurus with a pair of anurognathus on its back
Pentaceratops
Moropus
Pyrotherium
Desmostylus
Gompotherium
Raphus cucullatus
Pinguinus impennis eating a fish

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 27, 2013, 08:06:14 PM
So apparently the double listing for Lusotitan suggests that you will make it twice, in two different scales?
It was probably a mistake. It happens sometimes, there's no need to jump all over it.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 27, 2013, 10:58:55 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 27, 2013, 08:06:14 PM
It was probably a mistake. It happens sometimes, there's no need to jump all over it.
I believe the author had stated the intention of making models in many sizes at the onset of his comments and then listed the species I mentioned twice , suggesting to me at least the possibility that he meant to make it in two seperate scales. So I was inquiring, which as far as I know is allowed here correct?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

ShadowYaverlandia756

Whoops,I didn not mean to add him twice,I'll replace him with Gorgosaurus,also,I will ad a fact sheet to each dinosaur.
Meet my friend orthocone!He is pretty quiet...

Zhuchengotyrant

Just a Zhuchengtyrannus! ;D
-Zhuchengotyrant

KaraWildsong42

I don't have a dinosaur species list in mind, because unfortunately any 'dinosaur' toy company I ever daydream about isn't just dinosaurs. I am fascinated by everything that has to do with evolution and how everything started from one and became countless possibilities. Since I know I'll never have a company like this, I can make up a crazy expectation for my line-up. ;) I would love to have a company that made a model of EVERY kind of life-form, starting from the first. I'm talking bacteria, plants, fish, dinosaurs, mammals, fungi, insects, birds, etc. I would expect high quality, solid figures, with extreme detail and dynamic poses. Family sets would also come out together (as in at the same time, but wouldn't HAVE to be purchased as a set...though a 'family' discount could be an incentive....), and include a figure of each gender in adult and child form if the species displays sexual dimorphism. As far as scale goes, I think I would like to do both 1:20 and 1:40, but if I had to choose between the two for some reason, I think I'd go with 1:20; the one that would be easier for people to buy. I know how it is to be a broke collector. ;)
You're not allowed to call them dinosaurs any more," said Yo-less. "It's speciesist. You have to call them pre-petroleum persons. -Terry Pratchett

SpittersForEver

Hi everyone.
I would make some 1/35 models that are accurate and not bendy or that smell like a chinasuarus!

I would make.....

A therizinasuarus
A carnotaurus
A linhenlykus
A dilophosaurus  (not Jp related)
And a really good saltasuarus!                                  :)

Chad

I'd really like to see a set of toys take the next step and, instead of issuing species as if they were singular units, issue a line of species taken from the same time and place to put them in context. So, for example, I'd like to see a line of Morrison Formation dinosaurs that would also include the reptiles, mammals, etc. that have also been found with the dinosaurs, and possibly some of the major plant species so you get an idea of the interrelationships of the animals. I'd also like to see more figures in the spirit of All Yesterdays like the gallimimus below from Acheson Creations:

Blade-of-the-Moon

I honestly think most companies are doing very well with their releases...so much so I can't really add anything to it.

Megalania

In My Dino Co. (i like how that sounds) it will create scientifically correct and great quality models. It would be a hard job (i think) but it would be an awesome job :)
This would be the first wave of models (if sometime i start this...)
-Tyranosaurus Rex
-Triceratops
-Abelisaurus
-Ankylosaurus
-Saltasaurus
-Camarasaurus
-Ceratosaurus
-Dromaeosaurus
-Iguanodon
-Ornithomimus
Second wave
-Edmontosaurus
-Corythosaurus
-Giganotosaurus
-Argentinosaurus
-Centrosaurus
-Troodon
-Gorgosaurus
-Daspletosaurus
-Liliensternus
-Plateosaurus
-Nemegtosaurus
-Saurolophus
-Tarbosaurus (Tyrannosaurus Bataar)
-Yaverlandia
-Ornithodesmus

for non dinosaurs
-Postosuchus
-Sarchosuchus
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Placerias
-Dimetrodon
-Edaphosaurus
-Cacops
-Smilodon
-Macrauchenia
-Deodicurus
-Kelenken
-Megatherium
-Tupandactylus
-Euparkeria
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin

Libraraptor

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 23, 2014, 10:14:02 PM
Has anyone ever done a Placodont?!?

There's a nice Henodus in the Safari Marine Reptiles toob :).

SpittersForEver

A feathered gallimimus
A crylophosuarus
And a saltasuarus with baby

Manatee

My company would have extremely high detail like Papo, yet accuracy levels higher than anyone else. Plus, they would have bases. ;)
I would likely make larger animals in 1:40 scale, but smaller and supermassive ones in different scales depending on the animal's size. My figures would be primarily dinosaurs with new twists or never-before-seen ones. (Essentially, my company is a mix between Papo, Carnegie, and Kaiyodo.)

Wave One:
Feathered Tyrannosaurus
Quilled+Armored Triceratops
Kulindadromeus
Cedarpelta
Massospondylus
Diamantinasaurus
Achillobator
Feathered Ornithomimus
Parasaurolophus tubicen
Fasolasuchus (the largest rauisuchian)
Nyasasaurus

DinoLord

I would have a focus on accuracy and artistry - too few current companies  (Wild Safari, Kaiyodo, and Battat are the only ones that come to mind) create models with both of these factors present. I would stick to a certain scale like 1:40, and maybe even do a larger 1:20 line for the collector market. I would like to see sets released by time period and formation, so something like a Morrison Formation set, Hell Creek set, etc.

Arul

I want to make a figure which have sculp like papo,accurate like collecta, and paint job like sideshow.what a greed hahaha :D i will make t rex first, and then tylosaurus, king of the earth and water :D

stargatedalek

I'd start with as many obscure species as possible, and perhaps have some fairly speculative, to bring in that initial "wow factor"

pascosaur

i'd like to offer a collection of dinosaurs for the same formation (from A to Z) in 1/35
to start: the Morrisson dinos from Allosaur to Othnielia not to forget Fruitadens; until Suuwassea and Torvosaurus!
the formation of the Weald then (cause I'm European) and because Iguanodon needs an accurate and definitive revision
and then some chinese dinos like those from the Dashanpu formation...Mamenchisaurus is such a wonder
the Djadochta Formation
and so on...
on peut toujours rêver

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: