News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA—New for 2020

Started by suspsy, October 31, 2019, 08:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Our good pals at avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur have begun the reveals! Behold!

Roaring Allosaurus

Bajadasaurus

Baryonyx

Belemnite

Deluxe Caviramus

Diplodocus repaint

Deluxe Fukuisaurus

Horseshoe crab

Deluxe Lisowicia

Hunting Mapusaurus

Deluxe Megalodon

Deluxe Microraptor

Nautilus pompilius

Orthoceras

Pleuoceras

Deluxe Protoceratops

Redlichia rex

Deluxe Saltriovenator

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Killekor

I'm really curious to see this year's lineup.
I hope to finally see an Epidexipterix or better, a Sinornithosaurus from them (as from every single brand).  Also a Tanystropheus or a Diplocaulus would be welcomed with joy from me.

Here's some other models I would want from theme:

-Yutyrannus (a great classic).
-Pterodaustro (I would love one!)
-Supreme 1:1 scale Yi Qi (at this point I think that some of the major brands should give to this dinosaur a bit of attention).
-Scutosaurus (it would be nice to see).
-Quianzhosaurus (Safari's new Pinocho Rex needs a rival!)
-Baby Spinosaurus.
-A dinosaur skeleton (it would be legendary!)

Plus, some modern species:

-A Red or a Blue Footed Booby
-A Jerboa.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

suspsy

I want a Spinosaurus Corpse. It would look good at the feet of my Safari Carcharodontosaurus.  >:D

As far as extant animals are concerned, I'd be thrilled to see an African forest elephant.

PumperKrickel

deleted

postsaurischian

A "New for 2020" thread should be started by someone who can show pics or who has at least some information about the new figures.
  This has already become a "Hopes & Dreams" thread which we already have:
  http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7453.msg219883#msg219883
  This is of course just my opinion.

Everything_Dinosaur

All is ready to release the first news of the new for 2020 CollectA prehistoric animal models.  The blog article announcing the first four figures, all of which will be available from Everything Dinosaur in early 2020, will be posted up at 2am GMT.   The article will be found here on the Everything Dinosaur blog: Everything Dinosaur Blog

suspsy

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 31, 2019, 09:38:26 PM
  A "New for 2020" thread should be started by someone who can show pics or who has at least some information about the new figures.

And now we have some information, namely the knowledge that images will be available in a mere matter of hours.  :))

Shonisaurus

I hope that the new figures surprise me positively.   :D

Ceratosaurus blogspot

Well... a amazing Protoceratops!!! It's probably we will see a Velociraptor at the same scale...

suspsy

Quote from: Ceratosaurus blogspot on November 01, 2019, 02:20:50 AM
Well... a amazing Protoceratops!!! It's probably we will see a Velociraptor at the same scale...

If we're not getting one in this assortment, we'd damn well better get one in 2021!

Flaffy

I wonder how the 1:6 Protoceratops scales with the BotM version. While the BotM is clearly the superior sculpt, I personally like the CollectA's paint job more. The CollectA one is also more space friendly at 24cm. Not a big fan of the quills though.

The Microraptor seems to have an inaccurate rounded tail. The figure appears to lack iridescence, and I prefer the smooth feathered look of the Safari version. Still a pretty decent figure, nice to see CollectA doing dromaeosaurids again after so long.

The Fukuisaurus is nice. Nothing spectacular, on par with the Mantellisaurus. I prefer this one over Favorite Co.'s version, as this one's head doesn't look emaciated.

The baryonyx is meh. Would've preferred they remade their Ichthyovenator or Irritator.

ZoPteryx

Interesting first reveals from CollectA.

The Protoceratops is pretty good, had it come out last year I'd be all over it, but I think I'll just wait for the BotM version.

I share Flaffy's concern about the Microraptor, and would add that the hand should be more incorporated into the wing.  It also seems a little big for 1:6 scale.  I do like the active pose though, and with a repaint it would actually make a good Sinornithosaurus.  :))

Fukuisaurus looks quite good.  I'll definitely be getting this one over the Favorite version.

Baryonyx looks nice like the one last year, though I don't really see the point in having two so similar to each other.  :-\

Faelrin

Nice choices but a shame the Microraptor is inaccurate, especially for a 2020 figure, when the Safari Ltd, Beasts of the Mesozoic (though if I recall correctly forum member Sim helped with information with that during or after the kickstarter long before production), and PNSO figures have been out for some time. This one will be easy for me to pass on as I already have the BotM one, which is also in 1/6 scale, again aside from its disappointing accuracy issues.

I do quite like the Protoceratops (though is just me but do the limbs and feet look oddly sculpted?), and it's good to have another figure of that after so long (in regards to models). Granted though since it is intended to be in 1:6 scale I'll probably pass on it as I already had planned on getting the Beasts of the Mesozoic one for some time which thankfully got funded. I sincerely hope they make a Velociraptor. Been too long since CollectA has done dromaeosaurids (with exception of this new Microraptor here), and certainly not properly yet.

I hope we'll be getting a new Paleozoic animal and a mammal like the past couple of years.

Edit: Looks like they are back to the all black eyes again like last year I think. Kind of a shame. The Protoceratops and Fukuisaurus have nearly the same color scheme as the Baryonyx, interestingly enough.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DragonRider02

It's a real shame about that Microraptor's tail. Seriously, how did they overlook that?? But I am totally getting that one anyway. It's good to see CollectA finally make a Raptor!

About the rest: The Protoceratops and Fukuisaurus are both must-haves to me! They both look awesome, I love the quills on the Proto and Fukui's colors.
But I don't get Why they made downsized Baryonyx. I can get upscaling, like they did with Deinocheirus, or making minis, but this? If I didn't know this is official figure, I would Say it's a knock-off of their Deluxe version. Still, if I ever come across it at TRU or any other toy store, I will probably pick it up.

Can't wait to see what else is coming!

Ravonium

Honestly, I'm pretty unimpressed. Fukuisaurus is quite nice, but the rest are easy passes.

Shonisaurus

The protoceratops of Collecta 2020 looks great. My prayers have been heard. Finally a protoceratops that will replace my UKRD model, is a figure with a scale and a fairly acceptable size 24 centimeters that is, it is an immense dinosaur if I can not buy the BoTM protoceratops I will undoubtedly buy its protoceratops this year new. On the other hand, the bristles of the tail I like sincerely and above all I like that the sculpture has so much dynamism, the colors of the protoceratops are quite conservative thing that I applaud and makes a very good couple with its counterpart styracosaurus. It is a figure of 10 out of 10.

Collecta's fukuisaurus looks very well sculpted rather elegant paint perhaps that head paint is left over, which is perhaps a painting that resembles the mandrel with those white colors but generally looks pretty good and shows the muscles of the body. Honestly because of the size I don't know if it will be Deluxe size, I would say standard size and not Deluxe, as the ad says about the size. and sincerely competing in genius with his Favorite counterpart, I celebrate that Collecta has made a member of the iguanodon family quite obscure. My note I repeat is 10 out of 10 at first sight you will have to see more promotional photos.

The microraptor is a highly scientific figure with that black color like a raven's feathers are perfectly detailed, I get the impression that its front claws are exquisitely well sculpted and the same as its rear claws, the size is quite large 20 centimeters taking He says that a microraptor is one of the smallest dinosaurs, although I would also like a Yi qi from Collecta, but without a doubt I am pleasantly surprised. Perhaps the head and especially his mouth would have liked it to have been sculpted in another way but it is an appreciation of mine. At first glance I would put a note of 9.9 or 10 out of 10 since I do not sincerely give him the highest score because perhaps at first glance (I would have to see more photos apart from the promotional image) the modeling of his open mouth I still don't know What to say about it.

Last but not least, the baryonyx is a very dynamic and honest figure and is obviously a smaller version than its Deluxe counterpart a pretty miniature. My grade is also high as was his baryonyx Deluxe this year. The positive is that I suppose you will not have the articulated jaw and that pleases me much more.

The first batch of figures is quite outstanding and sincerely Collecta as it always surprises positively and shows that its figures year after year are of a higher quality than its previous versions of the previous year although we will have to wait for them to reveal all the news. I think that in this next year there will be much more prehistoric animals as announced by the Collecta directive than this year.

ITdactyl

I see CollectA went to town with the roaring motif....

still, gotta love that Protoceratops.  Look at that detailed maw....

Flaffy

I wonder if a 1:1 scale Ambopteryx or Yi qi is in the line up...

PumperKrickel

deleted

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.