Author Topic: 2020 Forum Banner  (Read 3308 times)

Ravonium

• Silurian survivor
  • Emu war jokes are old now; it's time for a reboot
    • View Profile
2020 Forum Banner
« on: January 01, 2020, 02:29:47 PM »
If one is made, then what figures, in your opinion, should be put on the 2020 forum banner? (For reference on how many figures can be included on it, the current one has 12 unique figures, and the ATF one has 15)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 02:30:02 PM by Ravonium »
(a.k.a. Badger, on the ATF)

Loon

• Reviewer
  • Permian survivor
  • Loon got owned.
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Protoceratops
Re: 2020 Forum Banner
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 04:57:22 PM »
I'd say it should be 20 figures to go with 2020. Each one from a different year for the last 20.

Tyto_Theropod

• Cambrian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Tyto alba
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 10:19:48 PM »
That's actually a really good idea, so I'll second it.  Having said which, I also like the current banner should Dr Admin choose to keep it.
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Stegotyranno

• Cambrian survivor
  • Dark Humor is like food, Not everyone gets it
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Dinosaur: Stegosaurs/T rex/Spinosaurus/Rajasaurus/ and Giganotosaurus
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 02:09:42 AM »
I believe it should be at the very least 5 of the best rated figures on the DTB

I'll be back in October. If im not here yet, assume something terrible happen to me
@PlesiosaurusNessy if you are reading this and you got informaton about the papo spinosaurus, please email me

stegosauria

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Miragaia
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 03:44:29 AM »
Just my thought that we shouldn't exclude the figures before 2000. There are a few 'legendary' figure from that era too like the Invicta Lambeosaurus in the current banner or the original Battat figures. There was any Starlux figure in the banner? In their lines there are many obscure species.

Gwangi

• Reviewer
  • Holocene survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Liliensternus
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 05:09:16 PM »
Just my thought that we shouldn't exclude the figures before 2000. There are a few 'legendary' figure from that era too like the Invicta Lambeosaurus in the current banner or the original Battat figures. There was any Starlux figure in the banner? In their lines there are many obscure species.

I agree with this. The banner should ideally take diversity in account on all fronts. Diversity in species, brand, and age.

Pachyrhinosaurus

• Ordovician survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Pachyrhinosaurus
  • v.1 status and posts: Posts: 108 Date Registered: Jul 8, 2010 at 11:01am
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 09:51:49 PM »
How's this one?  :P

I'm not serious of course but I do like the tradition of having the current year's new releases on the banner. (For anyone who only recently joined us, that's how the banner used to look.)

suspsy

• Reviewer
  • Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Tyrannosaurus rex
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 10:07:57 PM »

I'm not serious of course but I do like the tradition of having the current year's new releases on the banner. (For anyone who only recently joined us, that's how the banner used to look.)

I like that one just fine!
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

bmathison1972

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Anomalocaris
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 10:32:54 PM »

I like that one just fine!

I like it too. I design the ATF banner and I always use figures released that year too! And I try to be diverse both taxonomically and with regards to companies.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 10:33:42 PM by bmathison1972 »

Gwangi

• Reviewer
  • Holocene survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Liliensternus
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 10:38:08 PM »
Well you certainly chose the right one to represent Papo this year.

Dinoxels

• View Profile
    • The Dinoxels Youtube Channel
  • Dinosaur: Appalachiosaurus
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 10:41:57 PM »
Very good choice that they are no figures from Schleich on it, but what about another company? If not, it still looks great.
"The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way around," ~ Dr. Serizawa, 2014.

Tyto_Theropod

• Cambrian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Tyto alba
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 11:03:12 PM »
Well you certainly chose the right one to represent Papo this year.

Agree 100%!

Very good choice that they are no figures from Schleich on it, but what about another company? If not, it still looks great.

How about PNSO or Beasts of the Mesozoic?  Or are they a bit too niche and high-end to represent toys?
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Loon

• Reviewer
  • Permian survivor
  • Loon got owned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2020, 01:45:14 AM »
If we're going to do new figures, I think we should wait till every company's done their reveals. We still have to wait for PNSO. Also, I petition for the best 2020 figure, Papo Giganotosaurus to be in the banner.

stargatedalek

• Ultimate survivor
  • When in doubt, feather it out!
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Fratercula arctica
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2020, 03:03:42 AM »
If we're going to do new figures, I think we should wait till every company's done their reveals. We still have to wait for PNSO. Also, I petition for the best 2020 figure, Papo Giganotosaurus to be in the banner.
PNSO doesn't reveal their figures in a year by year format. Would be nice if we could also be waiting for Kaiyodo, Bandai, etc. but we can't (literally can't).

The way around this is to include a few figures from the previous year for companies that are still expected to continue producing models. IE a few Mattel figures, some of the recent Kaiyodo CQ sets, and any of the more recent PNSO releases.

ITdactyl

• Precambrian survivor
  • beware ye small tasty mammals...
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: A random Azhdarchid
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 07:40:12 AM »
I find the lack of pterosaurs disturbing...

heh... kidding.  I like that banner.  But I'd rather switch the positions of the Edmontosaurus and the Megaloceras.  I'd rather have dinosaurs in the flanking/bookend position.  But I get the merit of having the Megaloceras in that position since it's holding its head up high like the Allosaurus.

Dinoxels

• View Profile
    • The Dinoxels Youtube Channel
  • Dinosaur: Appalachiosaurus
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2020, 10:32:34 AM »
We should wait for new PNSO reveals or maybe put the BotM Trike on there. "Action Figures" are still technically toys, just very fragile.
"The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way around," ~ Dr. Serizawa, 2014.

dinotoyforum

• Dr Admin
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate survivor
  • Boy, do I hate being right all the time!
    • View Profile
    • The Dinosaur Toy Blog
  • Dinosaur: Rhomaleosaurus
  • v.1 status and posts: Admin (3,739 posts)
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2020, 12:06:21 PM »
Since the forum became mobile-friendly, the banner isn't a set width as in @Pachyrhinosaurus example above. The words sit on top of a repeating dino background that fills the screen width. The relative position of the words changes depending on the width of your browser window.

So, we just need a new background image. I like the idea of going back to the year's new releases.

Narutoceratops

• Triassic survivor
  • That´s my ninja way!
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Narutoceratops uzumaki
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 03:50:37 PM »

I like your banner! And you’re not the only one that misses the old tradition of having the banner changed every year with that year’s figures  :P

Ravonium

• Silurian survivor
  • Emu war jokes are old now; it's time for a reboot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 04:42:52 PM »
Since the forum became mobile-friendly, the banner isn't a set width as in @Pachyrhinosaurus example above. The words sit on top of a repeating dino background that fills the screen width. The relative position of the words changes depending on the width of your browser window.

So, we just need a new background image. I like the idea of going back to the year's new releases.

Is it possible to use Pachyrhinosaurus' banner as something to work with though?

Interesting to see everyone's viewpoints on what should be on the banner; I assumed when making this thread that most, if not all, here were content with the 'already revealed new figures only' formula that the forum used in the past.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:43:02 PM by Ravonium »
(a.k.a. Badger, on the ATF)

Loon

• Reviewer
  • Permian survivor
  • Loon got owned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2020, 04:53:13 PM »
Quote from: stargatedalek
PNSO doesn't reveal their figures in a year by year format. Would be nice if we could also be waiting for Kaiyodo, Bandai, etc. but we can't (literally can't).

The way around this is to include a few figures from the previous year for companies that are still expected to continue producing models. IE a few Mattel figures, some of the recent Kaiyodo CQ sets, and any of the more recent PNSO releases.

Oh, didn't know that.

I also agree that at least BOTM and Mattel should get some representation. I think the BOTM Triceratops and the JW Tarbosaurus would be good inclusions.