News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

2020 Forum Banner

Started by Ravonium, January 01, 2020, 02:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravonium

If one is made, then what figures, in your opinion, should be put on the 2020 forum banner? (For reference on how many figures can be included on it, the current one has 12 unique figures, and the ATF one has 15)

Loon

I'd say it should be 20 figures to go with 2020. Each one from a different year for the last 20.

Tyto_Theropod

That's actually a really good idea, so I'll second it.  Having said which, I also like the current banner should Dr Admin choose to keep it.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Stegotyranno420

I believe it should be at the very least 5 of the best rated figures on the DTB

stegosauria

Just my thought that we shouldn't exclude the figures before 2000. There are a few 'legendary' figure from that era too like the Invicta Lambeosaurus in the current banner or the original Battat figures. There was any Starlux figure in the banner? In their lines there are many obscure species.

Gwangi

Quote from: stegosauria on January 02, 2020, 03:44:29 AM
Just my thought that we shouldn't exclude the figures before 2000. There are a few 'legendary' figure from that era too like the Invicta Lambeosaurus in the current banner or the original Battat figures. There was any Starlux figure in the banner? In their lines there are many obscure species.

I agree with this. The banner should ideally take diversity in account on all fronts. Diversity in species, brand, and age.

Pachyrhinosaurus

How's this one?  :P

I'm not serious of course but I do like the tradition of having the current year's new releases on the banner. (For anyone who only recently joined us, that's how the banner used to look.)
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

suspsy

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 02, 2020, 09:51:49 PM

I'm not serious of course but I do like the tradition of having the current year's new releases on the banner. (For anyone who only recently joined us, that's how the banner used to look.)

I like that one just fine!
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on January 02, 2020, 10:07:57 PM

I like that one just fine!

I like it too. I design the ATF banner and I always use figures released that year too! And I try to be diverse both taxonomically and with regards to companies.

Gwangi

Well you certainly chose the right one to represent Papo this year.

Dinoxels

Very good choice that they are no figures from Schleich on it, but what about another company? If not, it still looks great.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Gwangi on January 02, 2020, 10:38:08 PM
Well you certainly chose the right one to represent Papo this year.

Agree 100%!

Quote from: Dinoxels on January 02, 2020, 10:41:57 PM
Very good choice that they are no figures from Schleich on it, but what about another company? If not, it still looks great.

How about PNSO or Beasts of the Mesozoic?  Or are they a bit too niche and high-end to represent toys?
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Loon

If we're going to do new figures, I think we should wait till every company's done their reveals. We still have to wait for PNSO. Also, I petition for the best 2020 figure, Papo Giganotosaurus to be in the banner.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Loon on January 03, 2020, 01:45:14 AM
If we're going to do new figures, I think we should wait till every company's done their reveals. We still have to wait for PNSO. Also, I petition for the best 2020 figure, Papo Giganotosaurus to be in the banner.
PNSO doesn't reveal their figures in a year by year format. Would be nice if we could also be waiting for Kaiyodo, Bandai, etc. but we can't (literally can't).

The way around this is to include a few figures from the previous year for companies that are still expected to continue producing models. IE a few Mattel figures, some of the recent Kaiyodo CQ sets, and any of the more recent PNSO releases.

ITdactyl

I find the lack of pterosaurs disturbing...

heh... kidding.  I like that banner.  But I'd rather switch the positions of the Edmontosaurus and the Megaloceras.  I'd rather have dinosaurs in the flanking/bookend position.  But I get the merit of having the Megaloceras in that position since it's holding its head up high like the Allosaurus.

Dinoxels

We should wait for new PNSO reveals or maybe put the BotM Trike on there. "Action Figures" are still technically toys, just very fragile.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

DinoToyForum

Since the forum became mobile-friendly, the banner isn't a set width as in avatar_Pachyrhinosaurus @Pachyrhinosaurus example above. The words sit on top of a repeating dino background that fills the screen width. The relative position of the words changes depending on the width of your browser window.

So, we just need a new background image. I like the idea of going back to the year's new releases.

Concavenator

I like your banner! And you're not the only one that misses the old tradition of having the banner changed every year with that year's figures  :P

Ravonium

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 03, 2020, 12:06:21 PM
Since the forum became mobile-friendly, the banner isn't a set width as in avatar_Pachyrhinosaurus @Pachyrhinosaurus example above. The words sit on top of a repeating dino background that fills the screen width. The relative position of the words changes depending on the width of your browser window.

So, we just need a new background image. I like the idea of going back to the year's new releases.

Is it possible to use Pachyrhinosaurus' banner as something to work with though?

Interesting to see everyone's viewpoints on what should be on the banner; I assumed when making this thread that most, if not all, here were content with the 'already revealed new figures only' formula that the forum used in the past.

Loon

Quote from: stargatedalek
PNSO doesn't reveal their figures in a year by year format. Would be nice if we could also be waiting for Kaiyodo, Bandai, etc. but we can't (literally can't).

The way around this is to include a few figures from the previous year for companies that are still expected to continue producing models. IE a few Mattel figures, some of the recent Kaiyodo CQ sets, and any of the more recent PNSO releases.

Oh, didn't know that.

I also agree that at least BOTM and Mattel should get some representation. I think the BOTM Triceratops and the JW Tarbosaurus would be good inclusions.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.