News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Wild Past - New for 2020

Started by Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), January 01, 2020, 05:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 11, 2020, 03:54:52 PM
I've pre-ordered mine from Dan :) I hope these sell well so that we see the rest of them brought to life.
That's my wish, too. I have so much fun doing this although it's a lot of work.
If the others are interested, you can PM me for the price + shipping costs.
I've done an ebay offer but it's limited to 9 pieces. I'll try to increase the amount with a commercial license.

DinoToyCollector

I haven't done a lot of advertising yet, but if members of this Forum are interested in obtaining one (or 17 :P) figures you can PM me directly here.
You can find out about the shipping costs on my ebay account: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Wild-Past-WP-0101-1-35-Protoceratops-Nest-Dinosaurier-Figur/324040220069?hash=item4b724d5da5:g:-O8AAOSwZQ9eGvUt
If you are from the USA the best way to get a figure is by preordering it from Dan's Dinosaurs here: http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/protoceratops-by-wild-past/
Simply send me a PM with the quantity you want (shipping stays the same for up to 24 pieces) + your adress + don't forget to say Hello  ;)

Shonisaurus

For my part, the payment of protoceratops has already been done. I hope to receive that jewel soon.

ceratopsian

I too have placed my order.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 15, 2020, 07:43:28 AM
For my part, the payment of protoceratops has already been done. I hope to receive that jewel soon.

Dinoxels

I already pre-ordered it from Dan's Dinosaurs.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Flaffy

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on January 01, 2020, 07:40:51 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on January 01, 2020, 06:55:08 PM
How much of the fine detail from the original digital model has been captured on the final product?
Are there still individual scales as seen on early 3D printed prototypes?

The above images all depict the final production models.

Quote from: indohyus on January 01, 2020, 07:05:17 PM
Nice little figure. Love to see how this line expands with new species.

Stay tuned! As I said in the initial post, you can check out the general discussion thread for the other upcoming figures that have already been announced. I simply didn't include them in this "New for 2020" thread because they aren't all finished, and I'm not sure which will be released at what time. All I know is that the Protoceratops w/ nest is ready to go, and that it will be available within a few weeks.

1. Link pls
2. Have you considered partnership with Everything dinosaur?
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Tyto_Theropod

I seem to have missed out on the ebay listing.  Is there anywhere else I can get them from a European supplier or am I too late?
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

DinoToyCollector

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @TheRealSpinoRex
1. https://www.ebay.de/itm/Wild-Past-WP-0101-1-35-Protoceratops-Nest-Dinosaurier-Figur/324040220069
2. Yes!

avatar_Tyto_Theropod @Tyto_Theropod
No worries! There are still a lot of figures left, since I only could sell 9 items. Some people did direct purchase here via PM and it is still possible if you want one. And: You are on my list! The shipping isn't that high within EU. I will increase the amount of items on the ebay listing soon, I just had to do things before.

Martwad

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector If you have me on a hold list, I have preordered from Dan's Dinosaurs.  Can't wait for the next figures to be available.

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Concavenator on January 25, 2020, 10:11:55 AM
Yes, a comparison of Wild Past's Protoceratops with the old Carnegie version would be interesting. I basically take the Wild Past version as an update to the Carnegie one  8)

It would be interesting to see a comparison with Eofauna's Giganotosaurus, given that those 2 are both in 1:35 scale  ;)

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator
Here you go:

ultraDino

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on January 15, 2020, 05:11:27 AM
I haven't done a lot of advertising yet, but if members of this Forum are interested in obtaining one (or 17 :P) figures you can PM me directly here.
You can find out about the shipping costs on my ebay account: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Wild-Past-WP-0101-1-35-Protoceratops-Nest-Dinosaurier-Figur/324040220069?hash=item4b724d5da5:g:-O8AAOSwZQ9eGvUt
If you are from the USA the best way to get a toy figure is by preordering it from Dan's Dinosaurs here: http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/protoceratops-by-wild-past/
Simply send me a PM with the quantity you want (shipping stays the same for up to 24 pieces) + your adress + don't forget to say Hello  ;)

Thank you for posting this. I'll look you up on eBay and say Hello with the order :)

Is there a chance that you guys will do Majungasaurus?

Concavenator

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian many thanks to both of you for the pictures! Woah, those two make a great pair! It's awesome to see that small dinosaur that was about the size of a person and that giant theropod both in the same scale!

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: ultraDino on January 25, 2020, 02:33:09 PM
Is there a chance that you guys will do Majungasaurus?
It is the next planned release so... chances are pretty high  ;)

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator
Glad you like it. Interesting to see the similar composition of the two photos taken by avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian & me  :))

ceratopsian

My Protoceratops turned up today - really pleased with it.  This is just a phone shot with the Kanna Mukawa-Ryu and Deinocheirus, sitting on my sideboard:

And by itself:

Looking forwards to more models from Wild Past!

Flaffy

Wish the black spots on the body matched up with the large scales on the figure better, but that's just a minor nitpick. 

postsaurischian

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian: It's great to see the Protoceratops arriving in other countries.
Thanks so much for these pics. I was wondering where to put the little cutie with nest and this is a perfect solution.
Mine is also posing now next to the Kanna Deinocheirus. There's so much space left on this base and the colours match perfectly.
Furthermore the Dinosaur Studio 1:35 Triceratops is it's next-door neighbour on that shelve.

Faelrin

Wow that Protoceratops looks great with the Eofauna Giganotosaurus, and with that beautiful Deinocheirus I was not even aware about.

So I hate to admit this, but I have held off from pre-ordering this yet because I saw that the ETA would be in February (from Dan's Dinosaurs) as I still need to make a payment for some of the Beasts of the Mesozoic I pre-ordered early in that month, I don't want to risk ordering this just in case it arrives close to the 7th, which is when I need to pay by (although I might be talking to David about this, since it would more financial feasible for me to pay after tax return comes back), unless it will arrive later in the month.

As I am afraid of missing out on this beautiful little take on this species, could I request you to hold one for me for the mean time (if it would not be a problem) until later in February or early March? I checked the total price of the ebay listing and looks like it would be about $21 (with shipping), which is pretty close to the amount ($15.99 + $6.95 shipping) that I would be paying by getting it at Dan's Dinosaurs, if the ebay estimates are accurate ($11.01 and $9.80 for shipping or 9.99 EUR and 8.89 EUR).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

Come on, every time I see more pictures of it, I'm getting more jealous of you guys who already have it!  :)) I'm not generally into such small figures, but this is clearly an exception - I love it!

However, by the time I get my next figure - September / October this little guy may surely be gone  :(

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector wasn't the next one to be released the Tethyshadros?

DinoToyCollector

Very nice photos avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian . The figures are looking good together :)

Quote from: Flaffy on January 25, 2020, 07:15:07 PM
Wish the black spots on the body matched up with the large scales on the figure better, but that's just a minor nitpick. 
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy  I would have preferred this, too but yeah... On the next figures I have much more influence on such details.

Yes, I can still hold some back. You are right about the shipping but you have to know that these prices are the cheapest possible - that means no tracking number for safety and I have no clue about the duty (but I guess this shouldn't be a problem... hopefully).

Quote from: Concavenator on January 25, 2020, 10:11:37 PM
wasn't the next one to be released the Tethyshadros?
avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator No, you have just seen more recent images of the Tethyshadros as there are no updated images available for the Majungasaurus.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.