News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primeval12

Now THAT is a spinosaurus. I will def get that one. Maybe the baryonyx too.

bmathison1972

The Baryonyx will join my Synoptic Collection (I am sticking with the 2019 Spinosaurus, screw the newest tail theories LOL). From the extant line, I'll also get the melanistic leopard.

Pachyrhinosaurus

The Baryonyx is my favorite! I'll be buying all three for sure.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Faelrin

Looks like avatar_TaranUlas @TaranUlas beat me to the punch with the other pics. Here's the Fantasy ones though:

Armored Tyrannosaurus (it appears to have an articulated jaw):

Armored Triceratops:

Well I guess it is as I feared. I only really like, or want the Baryonyx out of these, but I guess the Daspletosaurus isn't too bad. Just the color scheme is a bit plain/too much yellow for me. Though it does help fill in a much needed gap for figures of that genus.

I'm really not liking what is going on with the Spinosaurus color scheme though. So safe to say I'll pass on this one, and get the PNSO one instead (which again, I was already taken with to begin with). At least it appears to be bipedal though. The head being shrinkwrapped is rather unfortunate though.

In regards to their non-prehistoric stuff I do rather like the Maned Wolf, the South American Toob, and the Wolf Dragon looks interesting to me too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

triceratops83

Is this it? Or are there more to come? These are all good figures but looks like it's gonna be a Safari-less year for me.

I certainly would have preferred more real dinosaurs instead of those fantasy ones.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Shonisaurus

The new figures for Safari 2021 are few in number but they are all very well made.

I honestly really like how they have painted the spinosaurus, it is a beautiful sculpture that is far from the repeated images of that scientifically updated dinosaurs. It is a meticulously sculpted figure and wrinkles and muscles on the front and rear legs can be seen in the prototype.

The daspletosaurus is honestly the one I've always wanted in my collection, even if I would have wanted a much larger daspletosaurus the size of Safari's tyrannosaurus rex even if they weren't made to scale. Honestly, that figure in my humble opinion can generate a lot of benefits for Safari.

And finally the baryonyx that is far superior in quality both in modeling and painting to its counterpart made more than twenty years ago from Carnegie.

I am glad that Safari has commercialized three products for the next year 2021. It is better that it publish few products and that these figures are profitable for the recovery of the company due to the problem generated by Covid-19.

SenSx

The Baryonyx looks very good, I might get it.
But I would have prefered a colder color scheme, blue, grey, green or something...

Jose S.M.

I guess I'm only getting the Daspletosaurus for now. I'm tempted by the Baryonyx but I have the favorite one. Not going to lie I like this Safari one more, I don't really love the head of the Favorite one but I feel kind of bad for replacing a museum exclusive figure  :-X
The Spinosaurus is a pass for me, I don't like the color scheme, the head and the arms which look very cartoony, I don't know if it's the picture or what but they look weird to me.

suspsy

So that really is the entire 2021 assortment after all? Well, that's a bit disappointing, I won't lie, but a small batch is far better than no batch at all. And the three "real" dinosaurs look nothing short of fabulous! I'll definitely be snapping up the Spinosaurus and the Daspletosaurus.

I'm rather indifferent about the battle armour dinos. I think if you're going to go the fantasy warrior route, you might as well go all out and give them exaggerated features like bigger teeth and extra horns and such. These honestly look more like Mojo Fun products with extra bits pasted on. Ah well, that's a little less money to spend on dino toys. Goodness knows I'll be buying plenty as it is, not to mention all the Transformers from Kingdom and Studio Series.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

Well Out of all of them, the one i dont like is the Spinosaurus.

Serieusly, Those legs look too spindly to be on land, I would of prefered if they let avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson repaint and retool his swimming model instead.

Also, am i the only one who thinks the Daspletosaurus looks like the Feild Museum Sue Figures?

profnik

Quote from: TaranUlas on November 17, 2020, 09:42:02 PM

Baryonyx

Daspletosaurus

Spinosaurus

EDIT:

Personally I have somewhat mixed feelings about this bunch. On the one hand, they all look pretty good (I especially like the Baryonyx. Might just display it next to my Collecta Deluxe one. The Daspletosaurus looks good too and I will enjoy displaying that near my T.rex. The Spinosaurus.... I am tempted. I already have five or so of the animal already... what's one more Spino?) On the other hand, I am still a little disappointed in it being all theropods. I enjoy the variety that Safari usually brings to their releases so to just have it be three theropods and two of them being spinosaurids feels a little meh. On the bright side, they do have some good coloration as Safari usually does and I suspect the limited offerings this year are a combination of Covid and their recent move, not a set in stone amount for even the year after this (And who knows? Maybe there is more than just this. After all, I can't be the only one noticing that certain lines received no new figures at all...)

:D

I saw it. So that was the safari Ltd 2021 are releasing the images

Wild safari prehistoric world collection

(Re-sculpted) Spinosaurus

Daspletosaurus

Baryonyx

Dino Dana

T-Rex and Baby T-Rex
to download Dino am on the App Store before scan the toy on iPhone, android and iPad

Mythical Realms

Armored T-Rex and Triceratops

So I think I made a mistake so that not extinct quagga that's Plains Zebra from wild safari wildlife.

An also is Dragons of the Elements TOOB so it's looks different like dragons and dinosaurs from paleontologist an scientist knows.

So I have it since the mermaid Toobs yet.

But I think safari Ltd the mermaid SuperToobs, Extinct animals Toobs with Dodo Bird figurines, Life before dinosaurs Toobs mean Paleozoic ERA an good luck mini saber-tooth tiger or smilodon an good luck mini prehistoric fun pack an wild safari prehistoric world collection with Paraceratherium, Tiktaalik, Stygimoloch, Hadrosaurus, Dreadnoughtus, Gorgosaurus, Megaloceros, Yi-Qi, Zuul crurivastator  an extinct Dire Wolf. An also mythical realms collection is the Loch Ness Monster & Mokele-mbembe For 2022 next year or in the future.

Sarapaurolophus

Spinosaurus has a beautiful color design but the rest underwhelms me. They have a really nice Maned Wolf for next year that interests me more than the dinosaurs.

Halzk

Yes! I knew it was Daspletosaurus! That Baryonyx is fantastic! Hard pass on the Spinosaurus, good sculp but the coloration is really not good.

triceratops83

Doesn't even look like Safari's releasing an Incredible Creatures figure this year either.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Jose S.M.

The "real life" photos on their website look a lot better than the promo pics on the white background, something very common with Safari. Shame that there's only one of those for the Spinosaurus and it's only partial. I feel it's better than the promo pics show.

Dinoxels

I am in love with every single one.
But the Mythical figures are, interesting, to say the least.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Takama

I just noticed that the Mythical T.rex has a movable Jaw.

Thats a First for any Safari Figurine, that i know of

triceratops83

Quote from: Takama on November 17, 2020, 10:34:33 PM
I just noticed that the Mythical T.rex has a movable Jaw.

Thats a First for any Safari Figurine, that i know of

I hope that doesn't become a "thing". I like Safari figures as they are.

Dino Scream3232

Love the Dino-Riders T-rex vibe from the Daspletosaurus!!

RaptorRex

Actually pretty impressed with these (well, mainly the Baryonyx and Daspletosaurus). I'm just really glad I don't have to spend the dough to import the Favorite ltd. Baryonyx or get the CollectA. I like the CollectA one but the fact you either have to get one that is either really small or has a big seam in the throat area is so offputting for me.

The Spinosaurus looks good but am personally not a huge fan of the colors (especially since the PNSO one is on the way).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: