You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science

Started by Carnoking, September 21, 2021, 04:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

https://youtu.be/kwgbqCYCHMI

Little Reel I put together from my trip to this museum. As always, wanted to share the experience!

Halichoeres

Thanks so much for sharing this! I'm embarrassed to say that despite living in Arizona and west Texas, I've never been to this museum. Now I feel like I almost have.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I could've sworn we already had a thread for the New Mexico museum, but I guess it was just being discussed in a more general thread?

In any case, thanks for sharing!

Avian

Beautiful camera work! Ill definitely have to go there if Im ever in the area.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

When you say a new Mexico museum do you mean a new museum in Mexico,  or a museum in the place in US called New Mexico?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Avian

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 12, 2021, 01:24:02 PM
When you say a new Mexico museum do you mean a new museum in Mexico,  or a museum in the place in US called New Mexico?

It is a museum located in New Mexico
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Lanthanotus

Thanks for sharing. Very good work on filming and editing avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking

Some nice fossils, buildups and reconstructions there. That animated Allosaurus (?) is also nice, but I have to wonder how with all those improvements and developments in robotics, those modern animatronics still show those abrupt stops in their movements as those made in the 60`s. (Maybe that is because Skynet wants us make think its harmless?! :D)

RaptorRex

Carnoking

Somehow forgot I posted this. Thanks everyone for watching! Hope you enjoyed!

VD231991

Quote from: Avian on December 12, 2021, 03:32:43 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 12, 2021, 01:24:02 PMWhen you say a new Mexico museum do you mean a new museum in Mexico,  or a museum in the place in US called New Mexico?

It is a museum located in New Mexico
The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science contains fossils of prehistoric animals and plants found in New Mexico. Notable tetrapod type specimens deposited in this museum include:
- Holotype of the silesaurid Eucoelophysis baldwini
- Holotypes of the horned dinosaurs Terminocavus sealeyi, Sierraceratops turneri, and Menefeeceratops sealeyi
- Holotype of the hadrosaurid Naashoibitosaurus ostromi (at times considered a synonym of Kritosaurus, but now seen as a distinct Kritosaurus-like kritosaurin hadrosaurid in its own right)
- Holotype of the diplodocine diplodocid Diplodocus (=Seismosaurus) hallorum (like Maraapunisaurus, Diplodocus hallorum was once estimated to have attained a length of 170-200 feet, but later study revised its size estimate to 105 feet)

It seems I forgot to share my pics of this awesome place! I've written a review on my blog if you want to see more.
https://dinodadreviews.com/2022/04/06/new-mexico-museum-of-natural-history-and-science/

Bisti Beast!

Ely Kish isn't my favorite Dino Renaissance artist, but I gotta love that the museum respected her enough to include a discussion of her work next to her mural.

Cretaceous sea shore!

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on September 30, 2022, 03:13:57 AMEly Kish isn't my favorite Dino Renaissance artist, but I gotta love that the museum respected her enough to include a discussion of her work next to her mural.

Seriously, though, every museum should do this for their artists.

Halichoeres

Yeah, I find it really frustrating when a museum has a gorgeous mural and there's no indication of who painted it. The Green River mural at the Field Museum is like this. I'm still not sure who painted it--I contacted somebody in the exhibits department who guessed it might be Robert Hines, but he died 15 years before the mural went up so I doubt that's correct.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.