News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Theropod figures with lips

Started by JimoAi, May 25, 2022, 02:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

Going to switch lipless for lipped theropods in the near future. Here's a list of accurate theropod figures with lips. Do correct me if I do make any mistakes:

(Figures from the same year and company will be grouped together)
Papo feathered velociraptor
Safari ltd 2017 Velociraptor
All botm tyrannosaurs and dromaeosaurs
Pnso giganotosaurus and yangchuanosaurus
Safari 2019 Allosaurus and carnotaurus
CollectA carnotaurus (hard to tell)
Safari ltd 2020 Qianzhusaurus, Dilophosaurus,deinonychus and concavenator
CollectA allosaurus and saltriovenator
Gr toys carcharodontosaurus
CollectA Megalosaurus, neovenator and Dilophosaurus(hard to tell)
Safari ltd daspletosaurus
Safari ltd 2022 albertosaurus

Spinosaurids are kinda exempted due to the fact they're not really portrayed with lips as far as I know

GojiraGuy1954

EoFauna Giga has lips on the upper jaw
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SRF

Rebor's T.Rex "Kiss" can of course be added to this list.
But today, I'm just being father

Concavenator

avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi from that list, the Safari Velociraptor, CollectA Carnotaurus, and CollectA Dilophosaurus doesn't have lips.

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 25, 2022, 02:52:54 PMEoFauna Giga has lips on the upper jaw

The teeth are still exposed to some degree when the mouth is closed, so I wouldn't say it counts.

Quote from: JimoAi on May 25, 2022, 02:34:49 PMGoing to switch lipless for lipped theropods in the near future. Here's a list of accurate theropod figures with lips.

That's totally respectable, but "lips" aren't the only aspect that makes a figure accurate. While it's likely they are the right option, it would be more important if the figure gets the basic anatomy right. The Safari Velociraptor is noticeably more accurate than the Papo version despite lacking lips, for example.

JimoAi

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I see. I'm quite anal on certain details on my figures but since there's no concrete answer yet, my figures I currently display are currently all lipless based on PNSO's decision to omit lips.

SRF

I don't have the Velociraptor, but Safari's 2020 Deinonychus does have lips and should definitely be added to your list avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi.

JimoAi

Quote from: SRF on May 26, 2022, 10:42:09 AMI don't have the Velociraptor, but Safari's 2020 Deinonychus does have lips and should definitely be added to your list avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi.
Seems large unless it can be subbed as being utahraptor. Also, it can stay with my lipless theropods as I think dromaeosaurs def have lips whilst tyrannosaurs and carcharodontosaurids don't

SRF

Quote from: JimoAi on May 26, 2022, 12:31:27 PM
Quote from: SRF on May 26, 2022, 10:42:09 AMI don't have the Velociraptor, but Safari's 2020 Deinonychus does have lips and should definitely be added to your list avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi.
Seems large unless it can be subbed as being utahraptor. Also, it can stay with my lipless theropods as I think dromaeosaurs def have lips whilst tyrannosaurs and carcharodontosaurids don't

The Deinonychus is around the same size as the Velociraptor I think.

JimoAi

Quote from: SRF on May 26, 2022, 12:40:53 PM

The Deinonychus is around the same size as the Velociraptor I think.
Larger and I used to own the velociraptor until I sold it

GojiraGuy1954

Why? I mean its better than being full lipless but it makes no sense for two groups to go lipless, when they have no reason to
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

JimoAi

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 26, 2022, 05:07:15 PM
Why? I mean its better than being full lipless but it makes no sense for two groups to go lipless, when they have no reason to
Using them as examples. When the other theropods are lipless, I think dromaeosaurs and troodontids would still have lips

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.