News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

The more I see of the Cyberzoic dinosaurs, the more I feel like it would be a big hit without the inclusion of dragons. But other people are clearly excited about them, so good.

I hope the Edmontonia ends up in Fire Clan. Spiky battle armour will compliment its natural spikes.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

David just posted some new artwork. Smilodon is confirmed for Cyberzoic!

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioGetting right to the action today as we take a look at one of the main protagonists of Cyberzoic, Dragolina, as she and her feline companion fight off some drone- controlled Achillobaters! Those of you who've been following me for a while may remember this character from my 'Dragolina: Dinosaur Slayer' model kit a while back. Who is she and what's her story? Stay tuned.

Concept art by Raph Lomotan.

suspsy

I wonder if the Smilodon isn't wearing armour simply because it's an early concept piece, or if the Dragon Clan rejects armour for their animals altogether. The latter would fit with their nature-loving philosophy.

SpartanSquat

So there are biomechanical creatures and creatures with armour plates?

suspsy

No, that robotic creature is formed from the Achillobator's armour. Go check out the concept artwork on the first page.

Eocarcharia

A minor update on the last post:

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioI have a bonus Cyberzoic post today! Apparently I showed the Dragolina vs. Achillobaters art a bit prematurely. Raph went in and refined the image more giving us this final result. I hope you all enjoy!

suspsy

David also confirmed that the Smilodon will have armour. This particular one just happened to be ambushed by the Achillobators. Disgraceful. Just goes to show that you shouldn't let your guard down, although both the cat and its human companion seem to be putting up more than a good fight.

CarnotaurusKing

She waited till Black Friday so she could get that armour half off ;D  ::) I'll show myself out.

Jokes aside, surely that armour she's wearing isn't particularly protective or comfortable. Still, she looks like a badass instead of just being eye-candy, so I guess it's alright.

suspsy

I realize it's a staple of sci-fi/fantasy art, but I'm definitely not a fan of Dragolina's design. Specifically the bare midriff and bare thighs. It will be all the worse if the male humans in the Dragon Clan are fully clothed.

CityRaptor

Quote from: suspsy on June 04, 2022, 07:54:21 PMI realize it's a staple of sci-fi/fantasy art, but I'm definitely not a fan of Dragolina's design. Specifically the bare midriff and bare thighs. It will be all the worse if the male humans in the Dragon Clan are fully clothed.

"Dragolina the Easily Slayable."
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

KrazyKaprosuchus

I'll be honest, I don't really mind the bareness of the armor as long as she looks badass. And she does. However some customizable armor for her would be cool to see. Honestly I hope the males of the clan are also not fully armored up either - it sort of adds to that "in tune with nature" feel in my opinion.

Stegotyranno420

I'm not very approving of the bareness either.
I haven't been following up with everything in this line, so I think I might be ignoring some important details and plot things, but I think Aztec style "Armour" would had suited this Dragon Clan better. Maybe instead of a jaguar skins it could reptile skins. But modern generations don't seem to be interested in 15th century classics from what I can infer

stargatedalek

Quote from: KrazyKaprosuchus on June 05, 2022, 03:01:06 AMI'll be honest, I don't really mind the bareness of the armor as long as she looks badass. And she does. However some customizable armor for her would be cool to see. Honestly I hope the males of the clan are also not fully armored up either - it sort of adds to that "in tune with nature" feel in my opinion.
This. I don't really have much interest in the human figures, but (even as someone with categorically no interest in half dressed men) it's nice to see when male characters get the same treatment. There are even a handful of entertaining examples where it goes further for the men, the kirin armour from monster hunter comes to mind :P .

CityRaptor

Hmm, thinking of He-Man to name a male example of skimpy armor. I think most skimpy dressed male warriors tend to skip armor completely.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

The colour scheme for the Utahraptor has been unveiled on social media! Looks killer!

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioI have two new color designs to show today for the 1/18th scale Utahraptor figure! Here are the colors for both the Cyberzoic and Beasts of the Mesozoic releases. The Cyberzoic armor and pilot character will be sold separately and will be compatible with both versions.
Colors inspired by the Harpy Eagle.

This is a really close call, but if I had to pick one, I think I like the Cyberzoic one just a bit more.

Darko2300

I need them both. Dear God, they're beautiful. Right, avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin? 😉

suspsy

I like the Cyberzoic version better, but they're both great. I think the matching of the harpy eagle and Utahraptor is the most fitting out of all the Creative Beast colour schemes.

Sim

Interesting that the colour inspiration is the same for both versions.  Going back to the image with all the Cyberzoic colour inspirations, I wonder if the two extra animals were for BotM versions, with all other BotM versions sharing the same colour inspiration as their Cyberzoic version?  Maybe that's how it will work for the Achillobator which David implied will use the two condors, and the other dinosaur with two different colour inspirations will be whichever uses the green iguana and blue iguana (and I think those iguanas are two variants of the same species if I'm not mistaken).

I'm glad the colour inspirations look to be generally the same for the BotM versions as there were some nice choices in the inspirations image.  However, I wonder if it was worthwhile to have two paint versions if they will generally be so similar?  In any case I find myself preferring the BotM version of the Utahraptor.  My only fear is that it will have detachable toes like most of the 1:6 dromaeosaurids which I find off-putting as they don't stay in place as much as they should.

I'm also glad BotM isn't being forgotten in favour of Cyberzoic, since truth be told the only thing that interested me about Cyberzoic was the dinosaurs.  I have no interest in armour, human or dragon figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: