News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darko2300

So... now that I've got my pre-orders locked in... They're up at BBTS! Go! Go! 😂

Carnoking

Okay, so what shenaniganry is in play that Lana Time is charging 45 dollars more than BBTS for the Dragon Soul offering? Sure, you'll probably have to wait until spring of 2023 to ever see it in stock but the price is at least much more palatable. Looks like BBTS is Nanmu's saving grace with this one, I'll bite.

Darko2300

Quote from: Carnoking on July 05, 2022, 09:31:03 PMOkay, so what shenaniganry is in play that Lana Time is charging 45 dollars more than BBTS for the Dragon Soul offering? Sure, you'll probably have to wait until spring of 2023 to ever see it in stock but the price is at least much more palatable. Looks like BBTS is Nanmu's saving grace with this one, I'll bite.

My thoughts exactly. And I love knowing that I'm able to cancel easily in the future should the need arise.

need4swede

Quote from: Carnoking on July 05, 2022, 09:31:03 PMOkay, so what shenaniganry is in play that Lana Time is charging 45 dollars more than BBTS for the Dragon Soul offering? Sure, you'll probably have to wait until spring of 2023 to ever see it in stock but the price is at least much more palatable. Looks like BBTS is Nanmu's saving grace with this one, I'll bite.

Cost of limited ed figure on LTS: ~$200 (plus shipping)
Cost of limited ed + deluxe figures on BBTS: ~$260 (shipping included)

I ended up ordering both from BBTS. Given the Spino arrives in one piece, I can always sell it down the line if I don't want to keep it. They otherwise would have cost upwards of $320, which is more than I wanted to pay.

- Swede

Joliezac

Wow the Soul of Dragon one already sold out on BBTS. I ordered the PVC JP3 styled one without the base. The base is very cool but I just don't feel like spending the extra money one it when I can't really see it on a high shelf anyways. Although 4th quarter 2023???  :'(

need4swede

Quote from: Joliezac on July 06, 2022, 12:13:10 AMWow the Soul of Dragon one already sold out on BBTS...

Wow, well that didn't last long at all. I wonder if BBTS was only allocated a handful of them or if a good chunk got all bought out that quickly.

Quote from: Joliezac on July 06, 2022, 12:13:10 AMAlthough 4th quarter 2023???  :'(

Oh my, I didn't even notice that! I wonder if that's a typo and it's suppose to be 4th quarter 2022 instead. That would make more sense...but then again, it is BBTS after all  ;D
- Swede

Joliezac

Quote from: need4swede on July 06, 2022, 12:17:14 AM
Quote from: Joliezac on July 06, 2022, 12:13:10 AMWow the Soul of Dragon one already sold out on BBTS...

Wow, well that didn't last long at all. I wonder if BBTS was only allocated a handful of them or if a good chunk got all bought out that quickly.

Quote from: Joliezac on July 06, 2022, 12:13:10 AMAlthough 4th quarter 2023???  :'(

Oh my, I didn't even notice that! I wonder if that's a typo and it's suppose to be 4th quarter 2022 instead. That would make more sense...but then again, it is BBTS after all  ;D

I've only ordered from them a few times, and never preordered anything. I certainly hope it doesn't take that long. I preordered Toothless from Sideshow Collectibles last August and I got him this week. Waiting that long is so tough

blnadal

GiganotosaurusFan

I'm sorry, looks just superior to old Ranger, which was not their shining light. That's all.
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Carnoking

Yeah, that spino did not last long, glad I jumped on it. I suppose I just can't help myself when it comes to the whole "collector" thing. Wonder how many out of 498 they get...

Carnoking

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on June 27, 2022, 06:12:04 PMRemember when you liked Nanmu a lot lot lot? Back before the Brachy? Must have reflected your disappointment in Nanmu in the V. Rex Head2Head.

Also, I somehow missed this quote a while back! My overall feelings on Nanmu sure are weird and ever-evolving. True, the situation with the brach was very upsetting but I still like Nanmu a lot lot lot, and I think I always will. Their products are far and away the best bang for your buck you can get when it comes to detail and overall screen accuracy, and even if I don't agree with everything they do I think the work speaks too loudly for itself to be ignored. With their switch to new materials and the slowly increasing price points, the question is whether or not I'll be able to/want to stick with them for much longer (if 200 dollars really was the asking price then the Dragon Soul Spino would have been the first mold I'd all out skip aside from Mordred), and perhaps that's a subconscious contributor to my more negative feelings. On some level, I'm sure I don't like the idea of one of my personal favorite brands slowly exceeding my grasp and that I'll either have to ante up or miss out entirely, but as has been pointed out time and again, that's not entirely on Nanmu (even if their material choices don't help). Either way, I'll always admire their work and will gladly review any of their products I wind up with. Come to think of it, between the Baryonyx duo, Parasaurolophus pair, and Brachiosaurus trio, I'll have my work cut out for me come November!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lana has to ship overseas and they charge what? 3.00 for basic shipping? I suspect they are making up the shipping cost. BBTS does this too, look at Prime 1 pieces vs other sellers. BBTS raises their prices to cover shipping charges while saying they only charge 4.00. 

Quote from: Darko2300 on July 05, 2022, 09:38:12 PM

My thoughts exactly. And I love knowing that I'm able to cancel easily in the future should the need arise.

I'm guilty of this as well. its nice to be able to cancel in a variety of situations, but its bad for a company that orders product then is stuck with it.  BBTS has already started charging NRDs/ non refundable deposits for some items. Other online stores i use have gone this full route with everything.

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 06, 2022, 02:33:46 AM

Lana has to ship overseas and they charge what? 3.00 for basic shipping? I suspect they are making up the shipping cost. BBTS does this too, look at Prime 1 pieces vs other sellers. BBTS raises their prices to cover shipping charges while saying they only charge 4.00. 

I'm guilty of this as well. its nice to be able to cancel in a variety of situations, but its bad for a company that orders product then is stuck with it.  BBTS has already started charging NRDs/ non refundable deposits for some items. Other online stores i use have gone this full route with everything.

I'm sure that's it. Then again, this is easily the biggest discrepancy we've seen in price between Lana and Big Bad Toy Store, so it does still come as a bit of a surprise. I guess it'll just pay to be patient this time around. And if damaged goods do start showing up, well, as Darko2300 said, there's always the option to cancel. If the quick sell time is any indicator, I'm sure Big Bad Toy Store won't be stuck with the excess stock for too long.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on July 06, 2022, 02:46:49 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 06, 2022, 02:33:46 AM

I'm sure that's it. Then again, this is easily the biggest discrepancy we've seen in price between Lana and Big Bad Toy Store, so it does still come as a bit of a surprise. I guess it'll just pay to be patient this time around. And if damaged goods do start showing up, well, as Darko2300 said, there's always the option to cancel. If the quick sell time is any indicator, I'm sure Big Bad Toy Store won't be stuck with the excess stock for too long.

Maybe some unknown factors as well. Could be Lana gets them earlier and has to pay to be first? Not saying that's it but an idea.

Sturisoma

I wonder why resin spino already offered at bbts, but not yet at lanatime. Maybe lanatime will order some figures then check if they receive any damaged figures? Then they will offer for sale those in good condition. Just a theory  ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sturisoma on July 06, 2022, 05:01:10 AMI wonder why resin spino already offered at bbts, but not yet at lanatime. Maybe lanatime will order some figures then check if they receive any damaged figures? Then they will offer for sale those in good condition. Just a theory  ^-^

maybe. I'm sure there is a reason.  Lana may have learned a lesson from their previous dealings.  BBTS actually listed and took orders for a werewolf figure line produced by a known scammer, I believe that situation worked out in the end though. I imagine its one reason bbts doesn't take payment upfront. 

Sturisoma

Quote from: Joliezac on July 06, 2022, 12:13:10 AMWow the Soul of Dragon one already sold out on BBTS. I ordered the PVC JP3 styled one without the base. The base is very cool but I just don't feel like spending the extra money one it when I can't really see it on a high shelf anyways. Although 4th quarter 2023???  :'(

Pre-orders for PVC spino opened already in my country (no pre-orders yet for resin spino). Also quarter 4 2023 is release date of the PVC spinos  :o I was hoping I could get it before 2022 ends so I can complete my spino collection.
Like Mordred, we have the same price for standard and DX. I really don't understand this pricing as the lower price incentive for standard is gone. Better buy DX and sell the base if you don't want it. PO price is 4200 (~507 RMB), very close to Domestic Chinese price of 455 RMB.

need4swede

Quote from: Sturisoma on July 06, 2022, 05:01:10 AMI wonder why resin spino already offered at bbts, but not yet at lanatime. Maybe lanatime will order some figures then check if they receive any damaged figures? Then they will offer for sale those in good condition. Just a theory  ^-^

It's probably just due to how BBTS handles orders. I'm guessing they were given XX number of allocated units, and they just throw out the pre-order once they know how many they can sell. LTS might not have a final allocation yet or perhaps they are sorting out further details with the OEM or shipping company before taking pre-orders - they might be trying to avoid another Brach incident for all we know. As avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon mentioned, BBTS tends to shoot first and ask questions later...in this case, 4th quarter of 2023 later  ;D
- Swede

Carnoking

Here's something. It looks like Dan might be forgoing the Dragon Soul offerings entirely (or at least for the time being).
Quote"Due to previous manufacturer issues with product fragility, no resin version of this figure is currently available to preorder in Dan's Dinosaurs. All listed versions are PVC."

need4swede

Quote from: Carnoking on July 06, 2022, 08:50:17 PMHere's something. It looks like Dan might be forgoing the Dragon Soul offerings entirely (or at least for the time being).
Quote"Due to previous manufacturer issues with product fragility, no resin version of this figure is currently available to preorder in Dan's Dinosaurs. All listed versions are PVC."

This is why I suspected Lana might be sorting out further details with the OEM or shipping company before taking pre-orders. Wouldn't be surprised at all if this were the case.
- Swede

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: