News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Nanmu Update:
Almost finished with their paint applications on their Parasaurolophus running and corpse figure.
Also a slight sneak peak at their Ultimatesaurus (has this been confirmed? I forget).

Side Note: None of these have been confirmed to be released in the next few months, so I am assuming these will be released some time in 2022.

Bread

I have mixed feelings with the running Parasaurolophus. Needs a longer tail, or so it looks like it does? Could be the angle, but this is a side view.
Corpse I am in love with. Will be an absolute must have for the Buck.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Corpse needs more blood, looks a bit too clean.   

Mordred really feels like a dragon.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 24, 2021, 06:42:31 AM

Yeah, a few comments saying the same about the lack of blood. Hopefully Nanmu will add more, plus they did state that these Paras are not finished as of yet. Otherwise that's really the only issue for the corpse.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on October 24, 2021, 03:42:20 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 24, 2021, 06:42:31 AM

Yeah, a few comments saying the same about the lack of blood. Hopefully Nanmu will add more, plus they did state that these Paras are not finished as of yet. Otherwise that's really the only issue for the corpse.

It depends I guess. I mean this looks like a fresh kill so there would be blood smearing. If it was an older one left in the water like in the fishing trawler deleted scene then no.

Carnoking

I interpreted it as an older corpse given the almost mummified look of the exposed meat. I'm not as bothered by the lack of blood (although I also wouldn't mind it) but there is something...off about that paint scheme. Looks a little basic to me. Are they doing more with it? I couldn't quite tell from their wording if they were done with this version of the color scheme and would be doing variants or if this is not the final version of this color scheme.

bmathison1972

guess that second one didn't run fast enough...

dinodamage

I love the detail and realism of the deceased figure- I agree there should probably be more blood but it does give the impression of a carcass that has been sitting around for a while, maybe died of natural causes and picked at by predators.

The running parasaurolophus doesn't look quite right to me- does anyone else think the left hind leg looks weird? That's me nit-picking, though.

It would definitely be nice to see some more red behind the crest and running down the neck.

Bread

More images of the Parasaurolophus in hand, note this is a prototype. Love the black background for it though. Definitely need to take pics with the buck and this corpse with a black background.

Shonisaurus

I really like Nanmu's parasaurolophus corpse, it is a very well finished figure.

I don't think there are any more dead hadrosaurid figures to date among any of the collectible dinosaur brands that I know of.

suspsy

Well, here's "Mordred," Nanmu's take on the Kenner Ultimasaurus design that never made it to production.

https://www.facebook.com/107297281204687/posts/320294059905007/?d=n

Have to say, if this had been the mutated monster in Jurassic World, that movie would have been marginally more bearable to watch.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

Wish it had ankylosaurus armor on it´s main body intead of those zilla-esque plates.
Quote from: suspsy on October 30, 2021, 01:59:53 PM
Well, here's "Mordred," Nanmu's take on the Kenner Ultimasaurus design that never made it to production.

Have to say, if this had been the mutated monster in Jurassic World, that movie would have been marginally more bearable to watch.
As a person with the contrary opinion to yours, for me it would have been quite the opposite.

Bread

I have mixed feelings about the figure, BUT does anyone else just want to buy it for the base?!

Carnoking

I'm hoping aliexpress sellers will offer the base separately like they did with the Giganotosaurus.
I'm sure this will have plenty of fans but it's just not my cup of tea, and that goes for being a featured character in the movies too ;)

Over9K

GojiraGuy1954

I want that but idk if I can afford it
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on October 30, 2021, 01:59:53 PM

Feel like it could use some tweaking..more of a triceratops frill and yeah a more ankylosaur back would be better.  Reminds me more of a Monster Hunter creature now especially the head

austrosaurus

Oh goody, more Jurassic Park ripoffs!

Carnoking

I can respect them for doing their own thing with the design instead of just copying the original while adding a little more detail here and there. This makes it feel like it's building off of Kenner's original design and taking it in a unique direction.

Quote from: austrosaurus on October 31, 2021, 07:03:29 AM
Oh goody, more Jurassic Park ripoffs!

And in response to this, the Ultimasaurus, while indeed a Jurassic idea, never saw the light of day, so I'm sure this will satisfy many fans who waited years to own something like it. I myself am simply not one of them.

stargatedalek

I might well get the corpse and almost certainly the Ultimasaurus. Odds of Mattel doing either seem astronomically small.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: