News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What's on your 2022 wishlist or collection goals?

Started by Faelrin, May 18, 2022, 02:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

For now only Safari's Zuul and Albertosaurus. And PNSO Olorotitan but that was released last year I think.

Grimbeard

Aquired so far this year:
Eofauna Diplodocus
Eofauna Steppe mammoth
CollectA Struthiomimus
CollectA Lisowicia
Safari Ltd Shiringasaurus
PNSO Ankylosaurus
BotM Linheraptor

On the definite wishlist for this year/comming years:

CollectA Smok
CollectA Kelenken
Collecta Doedicurus
BotM Fans Choice Styracosaurus OR Pachyrhinosaurus, I only have space for one and REALLY cant decide between them, they both looks so much better then the standard version
BoTM Lythronax
Wild Past Protoceratops
Wild Past painted Kotlassia
Wild Past painted Scutosaurus
PNSO Dunkleosteus

On the maybe list:

Either Rebors Tryannosaurus "Kiss", PNSO Zhuchengtyrannus or Eofaunas Tryannosaurs Imperator. While I already have the Safari Ltd Feathered Rex, I also want up-to-date non-feathered Tyrannosaurs in the 1:35 range. Zhuchengtyrannus is technically not a Tyrannosaurus, but is so closely related that IMO it can reasonabley stand in for one

PNSO Styracosaurs or Pachyrhinosaurus. Depending on which BotM i will pick up, the other one will be represented by their PNSO counterpart.

PNSO Centrosaurus, I'm still on the fence about it. The body color looks too dull and muddy for my taste and I dont want to overload my ceratopsian collection

Mojo Fun Wolly Mammoth: A really, really good depiction of a species I really like, but I feel it would be too close to the Steppe Mammoth AND I still hope that Eofauna will produce one in the comming years.

Collecta Smilodon: The most decent Smilodon in my prefered size range, but still not really capturing me. I feel cats are specially hard to properly capture in toy/model form. Rebors release this year looks amazing though BUT is too large for my cenozooic shelf (I dont want a Smilodon towering over a Mammoth)

Kaiyodo Dakotaraptor, Ornithomimus and Thylacosmilus, they look great AND match my prefered scale (Megatherium looks great as well but is too small), but I'm not sure if I want to get into the hassle of importing from Asia right now.

ceratopsian

PNSO's newly announced Lingwulong has shot into my want list.

Ludodactylus

This thread got me thinking, and I decided to check back on what I've added to my collection so far this year.

Purchased/Received since January 1st, 2022:

CollectA 2019 Allosaurus Roaring
CollectA 2015 Nasutoceratops
CollectA 2008 Olorotitan
CollectA 2011 Utahraptor

Safari Ltd 2015 Nasutoceratops
Safari Ltd 2017 Einiosaurus
Safari Ltd 2013 Baby Brachiosaurus

Terra by Battat 2014 Dacentrurus
Terra by Battat 2014 Parasaurolophus

Battat 1998 Ouranosaurus, Miniature

PNSO 2021 Styracosaurus
PNSO 2021 Centrosaurus
PNSO 2017 Kentrosaurus, Miniature

All of my PNSOs were gifts from my better half, as were the CollectA Utahraptor and the Safari Baby Brachiosaurus.

There's a bit of a funny story to the Ouranosaurus Mini. I found it for sale on eBay and thought it was an absurdly good deal on the full-size version, because 1) I didn't know Battat did mini figures, and 2) there wasn't anything for scale included in the photo on the eBay listing. I hit "Buy it Now" and felt pretty excited that I'd scored an original Battat. Then it arrived and I was VERY confused! I double-checked the original listing and did see the word "Mini" in the description, which I'd missed before. That's on me for not reading the description carefully in the face of what seemed like a too-good-to-be-true deal, so I took it with a laugh, a lesson learned, and added the mini Ouranosaurus to my menagerie.

So looking at what I've added so far this year and what I've seen on DTB that speaks to me, I think my shopping list for the remainder of 2022 is going to look something like this:

• Australian Age of Dinosaurs Australovenator "Banjo"
  • CollectA Brontosaurus
  • CollectA Diabloceratops
  • CollectA Einiosaurus (maybe; I like having my CollectA and Safari Nasutoceratops next to each other, so pairing this with my Safari Einio might look nice as well)
  • Safari Zuul

The Safari Daspletosaurus and Albertasaurus are both maybes; but they'd both need a repaint because I really don't care for the colors chosen for either one of them.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Halichoeres

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 10, 2022, 02:23:20 PMPNSO's newly announced Lingwulong has shot into my want list.

Same here! Maybe my favorite sauropod of 2022.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

So I realized I haven't updated this thread in a while. I went back and rearranged and reorganized my pre-orders, purchases, and remaining wishlist for year in the first post, in case anyone wants to take a look.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres One of those pertains to you, which I sent you a message for earlier today. Letting you know here too in case you don't get the email reminder for it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.