News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpartanSquat

I read safari is heading to comic con! Lets hope we will see more amazing stuff!

Shane

Quote from: RolandEden on July 21, 2022, 03:03:09 AMI read safari is heading to comic con! Lets hope we will see more amazing stuff!

I've been there at our booth all week. It's very fun and rewarding to engage with the fans at cons.

Safari won't be unveiling anything at SDCC, but there are two more dinos to reveal this year that will be shared on Safari social channels.

EmperorDinobot

I am glad there is no Safari news so far. I am still trying to keep up with the stuff that had been released the last 4 years. I finally got the Amargasaurus, used too.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Shane on July 24, 2022, 05:14:44 AM
Quote from: RolandEden on July 21, 2022, 03:03:09 AMI read safari is heading to comic con! Lets hope we will see more amazing stuff!

I've been there at our booth all week. It's very fun and rewarding to engage with the fans at cons.

Safari won't be unveiling anything at SDCC, but there are two more dinos to reveal this year that will be shared on Safari social channels.

Thanks Shane, although not sure anything will top the anaconda or the Sahara Desert TOOB  :))

SpartanSquat

Next week is the reveal right?

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

suspsy

Keep your expectations low. That way, if it turns out to be something you don't like, the disappointment will be reduced. And if it turns out to be something you like, the thrill will be greater.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: suspsy on July 25, 2022, 02:16:47 PMKeep your expectations low. That way, if it turns out to be something you don't like, the disappointment will be reduced. And if it turns out to be something you like, the thrill will be greater.

I like to keep my expectations at a "reasonable level" realizing that the world doesn't revolve around my wants, needs, or desires.  Then I take into account the hard work that was put into these figures from planning stages to factory floor worker.  I try to put myself in the shoes of those folks and wonder what challenges they faced every step of the way.  Then if I'm still disappointed I simply vote with my wallet and try to avoid stealing other people's joy.

SpartanSquat

I prefferd have a neutral expectation: If you have really high expectations you will fall like Icarus, if you have really low expectations you will be a pessimistic attitude for no reason, after all are figures. So yeah I think the same like you CARN0TAURUS

bmathison1972

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on July 25, 2022, 02:55:15 PM
Quote from: suspsy on July 25, 2022, 02:16:47 PMKeep your expectations low. That way, if it turns out to be something you don't like, the disappointment will be reduced. And if it turns out to be something you like, the thrill will be greater.

I like to keep my expectations at a "reasonable level" realizing that the world doesn't revolve around my wants, needs, or desires.  Then I take into account the hard work that was put into these figures from planning stages to factory floor worker.  I try to put myself in the shoes of those folks and wonder what challenges they faced every step of the way.  Then if I'm still disappointed I simply vote with my wallet and try to avoid stealing other people's joy.

very well said, and the same philosophy I adopt. And one reason I don't participate in 'hopes and dreams' and other wishlists.

Faelrin

Going in with no expectations. Anyways already pleased with the Albertosaurus and Zuul. Anything else is a bonus at this point, if it's something that appeals to me. If not, then money saved for something else on my wishlist, which there's no shortage of, including many older Safari figures I'm still behind on.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

We are officially in the "last week" of July, has there been any news or teasers?

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Flaffy on July 25, 2022, 10:49:30 PMWe are officially in the "last week" of July, has there been any news or teasers?

Safari tweeted just today that they have more dino reveals coming this week!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dino reveals this week... who's ready😎</p>&mdash; Safari LtdĀ® (@SafariLtd) <a href="https://twitter.com/SafariLtd/status/1551576620359729153?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 25, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on July 26, 2022, 03:54:03 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on July 25, 2022, 10:49:30 PMWe are officially in the "last week" of July, has there been any news or teasers?

Safari tweeted just today that they have more dino reveals coming this week!

Also they give us a little shout-out.  ;)

Renecito

Time for a DINO hint! Drop by our socials tomorrow to check out the new friend joining the Dino Dana collection lineup.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

SenSx

Oh so sweet !

The Dino Dana Stygimoloch is coming for sure

But we a re getting another small / medium size theropod.
I'm hoping for Herrerasaurus or a Megaraptora

Jose S.M.

Looks like both remaining dinosaurs are going to be from the Dino Dana line, since that to me doesn't look like the Stigymoloch or a regular line sculpt, I could be wrong of course but that'sy guess

Carnoking

That's a big ol' foot.

Gwangi

I'm thinking that must be the Stygimoloch, looks like more than 3 digits on those hands. There's not a lot to go by here but the overall quality reminds me of Safari's early years.

Dinoxels

Safari has a poll on both an Instagram story and Twitter post asking if we want the reveal early.
If you vote no, then......why? lol
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: