You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE

Started by dragon53, May 13, 2022, 03:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

GODZILLA VS. KONG 2---Dan Stevens (DOWNTON ABBEY) will play the lead role in the sequel. Director Adam Wingard is returning. No plot details were released.

GojiraGuy1954

If no plot details have been revealed then we can't be sure if it's actually GvK 2 or if it's a sequel to GvK
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Over9K

I was under the impression that Legendary's licensing for Godzilla and the other Toho IP concluded with GVK, and for them to include those characters going forward a new licensing agreement would need to be made.

If I'm right, perhaps Legendary is going to try and continue the Monsterverse on the back of Kong and original characters, something that is not impossible to imagine.

Toho has also been planning a return of the Godzilla film franchise with The World Of Godzilla, a cinematic universe where monsters would get origin films, leading to a big huge meet-up movie, a'la the MCU. I'd really like to see that come to fruition, without any Legendary franchise hanging over it.

Over9K

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 13, 2022, 04:20:10 PM
If no plot details have been revealed then we can't be sure if it's actually GvK 2 or if it's a sequel to GvK

I keep seeing the title "Son Of Kong" being thrown around with zero supporting evidence, but right now, I think we're going to get something along the lines of a sequel to Kong Skull Island, that acknowledges the events of GVK having taken place.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Over9K on May 13, 2022, 06:45:54 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 13, 2022, 04:20:10 PM

I keep seeing the title "Son Of Kong" being thrown around with zero supporting evidence, but right now, I think we're going to get something along the lines of a sequel to Kong Skull Island, that acknowledges the events of GVK having taken place.
Skull Island is dead

Mellow Stego

I think he means a sequel to that movie.
That's also what I've been hearing. A movie solely focused on Kong and maybe the hollow earth.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

GojiraGuy1954

The movie's filming title seems to be "Origins." This seems to me like it's either going to be Dougherty's "Godzilla B.C." idea or a movie exploring the origins of Kong / kaiju in general.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 19, 2022, 08:45:25 AMThe movie's filming title seems to be "Origins." This seems to me like it's either going to be Dougherty's "Godzilla B.C." idea or a movie exploring the origins of Kong / kaiju in general.

'
Son of Kong sounds like it's going to be more Kong focused..but Origins sounds like it wouldn't work with that? One being a prequel the other a continuation. So I've no idea really what's planned unless they are giving Kong a kid.  It would be  I'm honestly more excited for a Godzilla film but if they will add in more Toho kaiju I would be interested.  It would be a bit over the top for Kong to help protect/raise a new Godzilla.. lol

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 19, 2022, 03:33:31 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 19, 2022, 08:45:25 AMThe movie's filming title seems to be "Origins." This seems to me like it's either going to be Dougherty's "Godzilla B.C." idea or a movie exploring the origins of Kong / kaiju in general.

'
Son of Kong sounds like it's going to be more Kong focused..but Origins sounds like it wouldn't work with that? One being a prequel the other a continuation. So I've no idea really what's planned unless they are giving Kong a kid.  It would be  I'm honestly more excited for a Godzilla film but if they will add in more Toho kaiju I would be interested.  It would be a bit over the top for Kong to help protect/raise a new Godzilla.. lol
Origins is just a filming title keep in mind. 2014's was Nautilus and KoTM's was Fathom.

dragon53

Legendary Pictures announced GODZILLA VS KONG 2 will premiere on March 15, 2024

Dynomikegojira

dragon53

GODZILLA VS KONG---a photo from the film set indicates the sequel's working title is ORIGINS which may suggest it is really a prequel about the origins of Godzilla and/or Kong.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: dragon53 on August 03, 2022, 05:46:31 PMGODZILLA VS KONG---a photo from the film set indicates the sequel's working title is ORIGINS which may suggest it is really a prequel about the origins of Godzilla and/or Kong.

We knew this already

GojiraGuy1954

Also, there was footage of a scene being shot in Australia where people were screaming and running from some monster, which basically disproves the "ancient war" idea.
https://twitter.com/GormaruIsland/status/1552980150865854465?cxt=HHwWgoC8uYPOpY0rAAAA

Blade-of-the-Moon

Recently heard there might be aliens involved in this new film..

CityRaptor

King Ghidorah was already a space monster, so that is not much of a stretch. And of course it harkens back to the old movies, which had a lot aliens. I wonder if that means Monsterverse versions of the likes of Gigan...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 04, 2022, 07:23:30 AMKing Ghidorah was already a space monster, so that is not much of a stretch. And of course it harkens back to the old movies, which had a lot aliens. I wonder if that means Monsterverse versions of the likes of Gigan...
I would say Gigan, Hedorah & Anguirus are the most likely further Toho monsters to be included in the series

Mellow Stego

Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 04, 2022, 07:23:30 AMKing Ghidorah was already a space monster, so that is not much of a stretch. And of course it harkens back to the old movies, which had a lot aliens. I wonder if that means Monsterverse versions of the likes of Gigan...

I'd like to see Gigan pre-cyborg then get turned into one. We had that with Ghidorah but we've never saw what Gigan was previously.

GojiraGuy1954

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: