News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd 2023 Wishlist

Started by profnik, August 30, 2022, 03:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Ooh, I would add a Good Luck Mini Microraptor to my list.

Jose S.M.

My biggest wish is to have just one large theropod and 3-4 other groups.I would love an hadrosaur o stegosaur, I think Safari hasn't done any stegosaur besides Stegosaurus itself and the retired Kentrosaurus. Smaller feathered theropods would be welcome, for me Safari has done a good job with them.

PrimevalRaptor

I'm still holding out for a new Plateosaurus, not just cause it's a dinosaur from my country but also since it's basically "the" prosauropod and really well known from a ton of fossil remains.

Thialfi

Anything Permian or Cenozoic please 🥺

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on September 15, 2022, 10:27:30 AMOoh, I would add a Good Luck Mini Microraptor to my list.

That would be cool.

Quote from: Thialfi on September 16, 2022, 01:13:20 AMAnything Permian or Cenozoic please 🥺

Yes, especially the Permian! The Dimetrodon is so lonely.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

GojiraGuy1954

Nyctosaurus, Pelagornis, Utahraptor, Australopithecus, Megatherium
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Flaffy

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 21, 2022, 08:03:01 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on September 16, 2022, 01:13:20 AMAnything Permian or Cenozoic please 🥺

Been holding out for a Watson Estemmenosuchus since 2018... Still mildly disappointed that fabled eye teaser turned out to be Uintatherium.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Flaffy on September 21, 2022, 11:18:50 PM

Been holding out for a Watson Estemmenosuchus since 2018... Still mildly disappointed that fabled eye teaser turned out to be Uintatherium.

I remember hoping that was what it was too!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

BlueKrono

The CollectA didn't do it for ya?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Flaffy

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 28, 2022, 02:07:59 PM

The CollectA didn't do it for ya?

The paintjob is horrendous (puke green, mouldy cheese and brown sewer splotches?); and the articulated jaw is poorly executed and quite frankly unecessary. But it remains one of my favourite figures simply because it's an Estemmenosuchus, and a commendable effort from CollectA for being the first company to seriously tackle the genus.

That being said, if Safari came out with a more naturalistic looking one I'd be sold instantly.

Halichoeres

Similarly, I'm very glad CollectA made one, and I hope they continue to take chances like that. But it's a near-certainty that Safari could make a better one.

Gwangi

Even though I really want an Estemmenosuchus I struggle with buying things I don't like and I don't like CollectA's. I hope Safari does one too.

alexeratops

As some have already mentioned, Tiktaalik is one of my biggest wishes. For such an influential species, there are shockingly few figures of it, especially at a small, affordable scale like Safari's.

I'd also love an Anomalocaris.
like a bantha!

suspsy

My biggest wish is for the 2023 products to be revealed long before next July.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on September 28, 2022, 11:11:03 PMMy biggest wish is for the 2023 products to be revealed long before next July.
I think that we can all hope the the Safari ship gets over its challenges of the last two years and finds an even keel where it can assume its historical stability. Myself, I'm glad that the company is still with us and showing signs of health. It would a dismal dino toy collecting world without them.

Faelrin

At this point I want to see Megaloceros, and Aenocyon dirus, two iconic Pleistocene prehistoric mammals, which is lacking in accurate representation. Well I guess the Papo, Colorata, and Eikoh are decent figures for Megaloceros, but none have the coloration based off the cave paintings. And Aenocyon dirus is way overdue for a figure at this point. The last was the Bullyland, which was really just a renamed wolf figure. Maybe Thylacoleo as well now that the Southlands Replicas figure is out of production, and it was a really fascinating prehistoric marsupial that deserves more then just one figure only. Also come to think of it, I'm surprised Safari ltd hasn't done a prehistoric whale either like Basilosaurus, aside from that old toob figure. Their extant whale figures are very nicely done, so I imagine the same could be said for Basilosaurus if done.

I think as far as dinosaurs go at this point, I still want to see a proper Utahraptor. I'd also very much like to see Chasmosaurus, if not Centrosaurus as well. Haven't had a new ceratopsian from them since 2019 (ignoring the armored Triceratops). The former has no accurate figures other then the BotM, which is way too big among thing's like PNSO's hadrosaurs, or Safari Ltd's own Styracosaurus.

Anything from the Paleozoic or Triassic would be nice as well. There's certainly no shortage of things to go for in that case, so I'm not picky.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Quote from: alexeratops on September 28, 2022, 11:07:22 PMAs some have already mentioned, Tiktaalik is one of my biggest wishes. For such an influential species, there are shockingly few figures of it, especially at a small, affordable scale like Safari's.

The fact that nobody has made a plastic Tiktaalik is really baffling. Such an important and famous fossil.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 30, 2022, 10:37:28 PM
Quote from: alexeratops on September 28, 2022, 11:07:22 PMAs some have already mentioned, Tiktaalik is one of my biggest wishes. For such an influential species, there are shockingly few figures of it, especially at a small, affordable scale like Safari's.

The fact that nobody has made a plastic Tiktaalik is really baffling. Such an important and famous fossil.

Yeah, definitely

Lynx

Probably not for this year, but a larger Spinosaurus out of a less brittle material would be nice from them, at least from a play standpoint.

Besides that, a Therizinosaurus, Tarbosaurus, Deinosuchus, or Camptosaurus would be awesome.

ESPECIALLY a camptosaurus, no idea why companies don't make it more often.
An oversized house cat.

suspsy

My Safari Spinosaurus fell off the shelf when I was doing some rearranging the other day and the damn snout broke again. And then it was so annoying gluing it back on that I seriously contemplated throwing the whole toy in the wastebasket. I fixed it and kept it in the end, but it really is a poor quality product.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: