News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

DTB Review Schedule

Started by suspsy, December 22, 2018, 12:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I am planning to review the latest Schleich Baryonyx, although it's scheduled for a "I'll get to it when I get to it" date.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

On that note, there are a number of recent Schleich toys that none of the regular reviewers have expressed interest in, so if anyone sees something here that they want to review, go to town!

Amargasaurus

Brontosaurus

Ceratosaurus

Dimorphodon

Mosasaurus

Pachycephalosaurus

Parasaurolophus

Styracosaurus

bmathison1972

Any prehistoric inverts that need to be covered that haven't? I'd like to contribute again soon!
avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin - you probably know what's claimed or not? :)

Faelrin

B @bmathison1972 I can do a bit of digging later today to know what's up for grabs still.

Off hand, I know there's at least the Takara Tomy repainted versions of the Old Sea stuff (Anomalocaris, trilobite, eurypterid) that released this year, and the upcoming Anomalocaris and Hallucigenia set made by F-Toys Confect that is releasing in November.

I know the Medicom Toys Tullimonstrum has yet to be reviewed as well. Granted that figure is quite rare and goes for quite a bit when it does show up. I did see two listings on ebay for it recently, but had to pass it on for the time being (search for Medicom, and Tully Monster to find them). There was another listing on the Japanese Mercari site as well. I hope I can get my hands on it one of these days, even if it isn't now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Ludodactylus

Has anyone claimed PNSO's "Rosana the Miragaia"?
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

suspsy

Pliosaurking

Is the gr toys blue carcharodontosaurus available?

Fembrogon

Quote from: Pliosaurking on September 14, 2022, 03:00:28 PMIs the gr toys blue carcharodontosaurus available?
I'm finishing up a review for the orange variant - but it wouldn't be the first time two versions of a Carcharodontosaurus were both reviewed on the Blog.  ;)

EmperorDinobot

Has anyone done the Mattel Megaraptor? I very recently got one, and if it hasn't been done, I'd like to do it (once I get through my list, which I'm working on as we speak)

suspsy

The Megaraptor is already spoken for.

EmperorDinobot

Pliosaurking

Is the new Nanmu Spinosaurus taken? If not I'd be glad to review it!

suspsy

None of the regular reviewers have ever expressed a vested interest in Nanmu products. Go to town.

GiganotosaurusFan

Could I finish my preexisting GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus Blue Variant review?
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

suspsy

Sure. We do allow repaints on the blog. Indeed, I think I was the one who started that trend in the first place.

Pliosaurking

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on September 20, 2022, 04:45:41 AMCould I finish my preexisting GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus Blue Variant review?
Oh your doing that figure? Had no idea it was taken
Oh well look forward to seeing your review on it!

suspsy

Wait, hold on. So it's avatar_GiganotosaurusFan @GiganotosaurusFan who has already commenced writing a review of that particular item? If so, then yes, he should be allowed to continue.

Pliosaurking

Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2022, 03:59:13 PMWait, hold on. So it's avatar_GiganotosaurusFan @GiganotosaurusFan who has already commenced writing a review of that particular item? If so, then yes, he should be allowed to continue.
I think so?
I asked a few days ago
If he wants to finish his review well I have no issues with it
I just started mine so it's not a big deal at all

suspsy

Okay, I checked back and I didn't see a request from avatar_GiganotosaurusFan @GiganotosaurusFan for the blue Carcharodontosaurus, so in the spirit of fairness, I think it should go to avatar_Pliosaurking @Pliosaurking instead seeing as how they did formally request it.

Pliosaurking

Alright
Glad that it's straightened out then!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: