News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

I was undecided on September 9th above but made my mind up without the help of the blog review!  Mine arrived last week from Everything Dinosaur - my "get well" treat while I was stuck in a couple of rooms with Covid, keeping away from my husband.  I really like it, though was surprised at how huge it is.  I like a variety of artistic styles in my collection and I find the aesthetic of this one very pleasing.  I too was a bit surprised about the jaw mobility, or rather lack thereof - mine moves only a few millimetres!  A shame that CollectA went for articulated here, as it must have led to higher development and manufacturing costs but without much to show for those extra costs.  That aside though (and it's not important for me), I'm glad I went for it.

Halichoeres

Glad you're pleased with it! But I agree that if the jaw has such a small range of motion, it seems a bit pointless.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Melbourne Museum exclusive Triceratops paint scheme! Looks a lot better than the original in my opinion.

Lynx

Where did you find the image? My Chromebook isn't loading it
An oversized house cat.

Carnoking

I've seen those photos floating around. Looks like someone gave the original a dope custom paint job. Shame that it's exclusive, I'd gladly pick that version up.

ceratopsian

That's a smart scheme.

Halichoeres

It is a looker. I wonder if they have plans to repaint any other figures for museums. There are several CollectA figures that could really use a new set of pajamas.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Lynx

Able to see the photo now, I love the paint scheme, but I doubt I'll manage to get it. Hopefully it will be listed up on E-bay after release.
An oversized house cat.

Bread

Why was this not the original colorscheme? I don't mind the original release, but this is vastly superior.

SidB

I love it. It would be worth while for me to grab the regular one and get it repainted in this fashion, I'm thinking.

Duna

Quote from: Carnoking on September 30, 2022, 07:04:04 PMI've seen those photos floating around. Looks like someone gave the original a dope custom paint job. Shame that it's exclusive, I'd gladly pick that version up.
It's factory painted, and they are an original product:

I took this image from Jack Perkins's account in Twitter. You can contact him to get this exclusive figure.

And I agree it's much much better than the normal version.  ^-^

ceratopsian

The postage from Australia would be an absolute killer I'm afraid, based on past experience.

terrorchicken

its a slightly better color scheme but it still looks like something you'd find at a Haggen Dazs.
Spoiler
milk chocolate/banana ice cream with white chocolate sauce drizzle and dark chocolate chunk toppings
[close]
;D

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 01, 2022, 09:59:04 AMThe postage from Australia would be an absolute killer I'm afraid, based on past experience.
Indeed, it's very unfortunate as I certainly would like to have one...

DragonRider02

I really love stripe patterns on the horns.
I wish more ceratopsian toys in general had some interesting patterns on the horns.

Halichoeres

I like the way the stripes on the horns look, but I wonder if they're possible. I'm struggling to think of an animal that has something similar. Plenty of animals, like bongos, have horns that are a different color at the tip than at the base, but not in alternation.

Lynx

Is the trike already available in the museum or has it not been released yet? Trying to get one off E-bay.
An oversized house cat.

Halichoeres

I dunno, I'd recommend you get in touch with the guy on Twitter shown above, who works at the museum and appears to be offering to forward copies to international buyers.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 06, 2022, 06:04:26 PMI like the way the stripes on the horns look, but I wonder if they're possible. I'm struggling to think of an animal that has something similar. Plenty of animals, like bongos, have horns that are a different color at the tip than at the base, but not in alternation.
Toucans and hornbills come to mind, though that still isn't repeating rings.

ceratopsian

Does he work at the museum though?  I wasn't sure on looking at the Twitter post.  His profile says he's an avocational palaeontologist working on Morrison Formation sauropods.  I wondered if "our museum" meant that he was in the same town - he's based in Melbourne?

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 06, 2022, 08:27:09 PMI dunno, I'd recommend you get in touch with the guy on Twitter shown above, who works at the museum and appears to be offering to forward copies to international buyers.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: