News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Cooperoceras, length 11 cm, height of shell 8.3 cm.

Deluxe Edmontosaurus, 34 cm in length, 12.5 cm high at the hips.

Deluxe Paraceratherium, length 22 cm, height 14.7 cm.

Deluxe Pteranodon sternbergi, length 15 cm, height 13.5 cm.

Deluxe Smok, length 27 cm, height 8.5 cm.

Deluxe Swimming Spinosaurus, length 37 cm, height of sail 11 cm.

Deluxe Triceratops, 28 cm in length, 13.6 cm tall at the brow horns.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Duck

He who dwells in pond

Thialfi

Oh dear, was planning to go to bed early, guess not..

Dusty Wren

Who needs sleep when we've got new CollectAs on the way  ;D
Check out my customs thread!

indohyus

Actively hoping my bladder wakes me up now!

Over9K

2AM GMT is what, 10pm East Coast USA?

Shonisaurus

Fabulous! It is good news, which seems surreal to me (and it is not Collecta's fault) that is a consequence of the unfortunate pandemic, many of us still do not have the fabulous prehistoric creatures of Collecta on our shelves, I have ordered them from a store for six months online and have not received any yet unfortunately. Today I stay all night glued to my computer, it will be worth seeing.

Palaeontologica

All right, something good to wake up to!
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

- Arthur C. Clarke

Thialfi

Quote from: Dusty Wren on November 04, 2021, 08:15:07 PM
Who needs sleep when we've got new CollectAs on the way  ;D
Exactly my mantra!  :D

Bread

Thanks for the news suspsy!

Quote from: Over9K on November 04, 2021, 08:41:31 PM
2AM GMT is what, 10pm East Coast USA?

Correct.

Dynomikegojira

Day is made give me a Centrosaurus.

SidB

This will go well with my morning coffee.

Thialfi

Four minutes to go, right? I stayed up for this. 2:56AM over here. Hype rising..

Thialfi

I am so happy with that paraceratherium ❤️ I own the I-TOY one, which is pretty much the definitive paraceratherium model, but this looks so good, the added fur patches give it so much character, a mate for my otherwise way too lonely model. I love it. The addition of a trunk seems a first and definitely makes it stand out!

Really dig the other two figures as well!

TaranUlas

The Spinosaurus isn't too shocking, but it looks good and if I didn't already have 6 of it, I would happily get it. As is... probably.

That Pteranodon/Geosternbergia on the other hand... oh, I will happily get that. A big pterosaur is always welcome and especially for such an underrepresented pterosaur species...

The Paraceratherium means I can finally donate the original Collecta one and get a big one for my purposes. Yay! I really like the trunk and sprinklings of fur. Really makes it look wild.

Flaffy

Spinosaurus is an easy pass.

FINALLY, an updated Paraceratherium! Took them a while, but well worth the wait. I believe this is the first Paraceratherium figure with a trunk?
Don't know how I feel about the random thick patches of fur CollectA keeps putting on their mammal figures though... Especially on the largest land mammal that would have trouble thermoregulating as is.
(Mark Witton's Paraceratherium with minimal elephant-like fuzz)

As for the P. sternbergi, I definitely would've preferred something that wasn't a pteranodontid; but I understand why CollectA is making this figure. To offer a more space friendly, "easy to play with" and affordable option for children and collectors alike. I do enjoy this colour scheme a lot more than the 1:15 P. longiceps, gives off a "coastal bird" vibe to the figure.
(1:15 P. longiceps for reference)

Bread

Really liking all three of these.

Paraceratherium is unique and its not just like a solid grey color scheme to it. I don't collect Prehistoric mammals so automatic pass. However, I am really happy for others who can finally add this genus to their collections.

Spinosaurus is absolutely beautiful. I have a feeling this is going to get mixed reviews by others since it is in a swimming pose, but I love it. I know I have said in the past that I would only purchase an updated Spinosaurus in its bipedal walking posture but I can make an exception to this one. Its gorgeous and I love the colors. The bumps/spikes on the back of the neck are unique, although is this plausible for the genus? Regardless I like it even if it isn't. I think what would really work well with this figure is if you use some of the PNSO display stands/rods and put two under this figure.

Geosternbergia, or Pteranodon sternbergi (I prefer Geosternbergia) looks quite nice too. I just don't collect these large scaled pterasaurs, but once again I am happy for collectors who will be delighted to add more of these.

Bravo CollectA! These first three reveals are lovely and I can't wait for that Spinosaurus!

Gwangi

Paraceratherium: I'm happy to see CollectA finally replace their old one, and this is a nice cheaper alternative to the Itoy one, but I just don't like it. Not a fan of the trunk, the whole head looks like it came off a tapir. The random patches of fur make it look mangy. For now it's a pass but I look forward to seeing in-hand pictures.

Spinosaurus: This is, to me, the best Spinosaurus to come out of the recent surge in Spinosaurus toys. I just wish it wasn't swimming. I haven't bought a Spinosaurus (save for Mattel's) in about a decade so I might settle for this one.

Geosternbergia: I love it but I don't collect these huge pterosaurs. Every release tempts me though.

EDIT: I see the Geosternbergia is not one of the larger scale pterosaurus but a more standard size figure. That's great, I'll definitely get it. I'm a long time fan of Bullyland's and it would be cool to have another.

Anyone know if any extant animals were announced?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: