News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

W-Dragon: New for 2022

Started by blnadal, December 06, 2021, 11:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

Very interested in that new W-Dragon Rex, it's like a JP rex with lips.
And I like better the idea to have two different heads, I did not purchase the Rebor because I knew the articulated mouth would have issues, their models often have it (Acro, Velociraptors...).

I hope it won't be too expansive.

Over9K

Quote from: SenSx on September 29, 2022, 08:52:49 AMVery interested in that new W-Dragon Rex, it's like a JP rex with lips.
And I like better the idea to have two different heads, I did not purchase the Rebor because I knew the articulated mouth would have issues, their models often have it (Acro, Velociraptors...).

Between $120 and $130 to the US, depending on which shipping service you use, from Sugo Toys in Australia. 

SenSx

Quote from: Over9K on September 29, 2022, 09:22:38 AM
Quote from: SenSx on September 29, 2022, 08:52:49 AMVery interested in that new W-Dragon Rex, it's like a JP rex with lips.

Between $120 and $130 to the US, depending on which shipping service you use, from Sugo Toys in Australia. 

Unfortunately Sugo Toys have very high shipping cost for Europe, and it does not even include the taxes.
I hope Everything Dinosaur might eventually get it, or Alliexpress

Mattyonyx

When we shared the first images of the new W-Dragon T. Rex on our socials, many people started complaining the figure has very little scientific. Actually, I must admit I feel like the work behind it was underappreciated, as I noticed a lot of pleasant details. The making-of shared by the company actually shows they made thorough research and particular attention has been taken in recreating Stan, with some artistic liberties, of course.
As stated earlier by L @Leyster, we decided to translate the making-of gallery of the figure from Chinese, maybe it will make you appreciate some details as much as I did when I noticed them.

Full article (EN): https://bit.ly/3rPvQCO

Carnoking

Thank you for sharing that translation! It's always great to see the work that goes into these designs but there's still something about this reconstruction I just can't get past.

Renecito

Thanks for the thanslation there is also an official english version of the making of.

Spoiler

[close]
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Renecito on October 13, 2022, 05:38:31 PMThanks for the thanslation there is also an official english version of the making of.

Yes, I know it. Basically, we merged the texts of both the Chinese and English versions into one, to provide the most complete info we can.

Quote from: Carnoking on October 13, 2022, 05:25:16 PMThank you for sharing that translation! It's always great to see the work that goes into these designs but there's still something about this reconstruction I just can't get past.

That's understandable, I just hope the making-of sheds some light on the accuracy of the figure.

dragon53

Over9K

Hmmm... looks like the "White" variant became the "Brown" variant between prototype and production stages. I had expected an "Albino" look.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Retro REX from Sugo arrived.

Over9K

Loving the Retro Rex, though I do wish they'd been able to actually deliver the colorway as promoted. The green version looks just like the promo photos, but the "white" or "albino" version arrived very brown.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on December 12, 2022, 11:31:12 PMLoving the Retro Rex, though I do wish they'd been able to actually deliver the colorway as promoted. The green version looks just like the promo photos, but the "white" or "albino" version arrived very brown.

I'm kind of reminded of some old retro Kaiyodo Rexes. I think they decided that white was too white?  It might be an easy fix with a bit of paint and some dry brushing though.

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 13, 2022, 01:41:59 AMI'm kind of reminded of some old retro Kaiyodo Rexes. I think they decided that white was too white?  It might be an easy fix with a bit of paint and some dry brushing though.

I actually quite like it. Also makes it look more 'lived-in' in a way, as if its white color was brushed over by its environment
- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

SUGO has the new Brachiosaurus repaint in stock, was just contacted this morning to complete payment.

https://sugotoys.com.au/product/wdjpb13mt72/

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2022, 07:53:38 AMSUGO has the new Brachiosaurus repaint in stock, was just contacted this morning to complete payment.

The new color is better imo, but I prefer to remain with the first version that seems more screen accurate to the first movie.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on December 17, 2022, 10:19:12 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2022, 07:53:38 AMSUGO has the new Brachiosaurus repaint in stock, was just contacted this morning to complete payment.

The new color is better imo, but I prefer to remain with the first version that seems more screen accurate to the first movie.

I mean technically it's a scientific sculpt so not even a JP replica, color aside. I didn't get the first one so I'm good with a reissue.  If it had been in JP3 Male colors I probably would have still bought it.

Carnoking

This is a great repaint! I just can't justify having two of these massive things on my shelf.

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2022, 03:15:27 PM

I mean technically it's a scientific sculpt so not even a JP replica, color aside. I didn't get the first one so I'm good with a reissue.  If it had been in JP3 Male colors I probably would have still bought it.

Yes of course, I should have specified I wanted the JP1 accurate color, even if it's not a JP inspired piece  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on December 17, 2022, 04:27:30 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2022, 03:15:27 PM

Yes of course, I should have specified I wanted the JP1 accurate color, even if it's not a JP inspired piece  ;D

lol I understand. It appears very brown in that first encounter, though later they look grey and Crash's art is a more grey color so I'm still not sure exactly if they are different or it's color/lighting?

Quote from: Carnoking on December 17, 2022, 03:39:10 PMThis is a great repaint! I just can't justify having two of these massive things on my shelf.

I wonder if it will fit next to my Nanmu Brachios..lol

Carnoking

Excellent question. Of course I say that and then remember that I have three of those big things :p

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: