You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mold-a-Rama exhibit in Chicago

Started by Halichoeres, November 03, 2022, 10:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago is going to have an exhibit on Mold-a-Rama figures, if people in the central US are looking for a reason to visit. https://abc7chicago.com/museum-of-science-and-industry-msi-mold-a-rama-exhibit-chicago/12412408/

Hopefully they'll have a couple of machines in operation on site!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

That is something I would love to see but sadly far away.

Halichoeres

This museum is just a few blocks from me, so I'll definitely check it out. I'll try to take lots of photos of the items that would be of interest to folks here.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

ceratopsian

That would be much appreciated avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres.

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 04, 2022, 02:30:53 PMThis museum is just a few blocks from me, so I'll definitely check it out. I'll try to take lots of photos of the items that would be of interest to folks here.

Halichoeres

Well, I finally went to the museum with a friend and his four-year-old. Considering the company, it was a frenetic visit, but I got to spend a few minutes in the Mold-a-Rama section. They had a bunch of machines, and this big display cabinet of current and historic figures:

This being the Museum of Science and Industry, and not the Field Museum (our natural history museum), the machines were thematically all over the place. There was one of the main building of the museum itself, one of Abraham Lincoln, a tractor, a train, a robot, you get the idea. Having been introduced to Mold-a-Rama when I worked at the Field, I wasn't even aware there were so many non-animal ones.

This is the only machine I fed money to:

And the result:

Some highlights from the display case:

I took a few other close-ups, so if there's something else you want to see, let me know and I'll see if I can oblige.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's pretty awesome! Mostly I collect them from their online store. I just don't out enough.

Addryn

I would also like to visit this exhibition! Thank you for the photos!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.