News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

need4swede

[Lana Time Shop] - NANMU GIGANOTOSAURUS 2.0 : THE KING OF THE BORDER FIGURE
[Big Bad Toy Store] - NANMU GIGANOTOSAURUS 2.0 : THE KING OF THE BORDER FIGURE

Who here is getting this one? I wasn't a fan of the Jurassic World films, but this looks like a well sculpted and painted Giga. Not sure if the Soul version actually sold out that quick or if it hasn't been stocked yet...
- Swede

Carnoking

I'll probably be getting one. Outside of a few key moments, I wasn't a huge fan of the films past World either, and this giga is perhaps one of the worst designs to come from it all. Still, it's a part of the franchise so I'll probably pick one up. Emphasis on one, and that said, which one it'll be, I haven't yet decided. The dragon soul offering is the most screen accurate (given the wounds), and that pose and base are very pleasing to the eye. That said, I'm still not confident in their resin material and at 200 dollars...? Yeah, that's a big ask.

And no, I don't believe they've sold out yet, I just think Lana prefers to give priority to repeat customers and so waits to see if they'll have any left to sell to the wider public.

Pliosaurking

I honestly perfer Nanmu's older 1.0 sculpt. I may get the standard version but there are a lot of figures much higher on my priority list. Now as for that V-Rex, if I see it I'm grabbing it!

Sovereign59

Maybe it's just me, but I think every single version of this figure looks absolutely stunning. And I wasn't blown away by the animal itself in Dominion either. I ordered the standard border version as soon as I saw it available this morning. I really hope Lana lets me order the dragon soul version when they start offering them to their customers. I actually really like the other 2 paint schemes for the standard release which I wasn't expecting to. I may give in and order one of each when it gets closer to release, we'll see if I can control myself.  :-[

Sovereign59

Quote from: Carnoking on December 15, 2022, 07:02:44 PMAnd no, I don't believe they've sold out yet, I just think Lana prefers to give priority to repeat customers and so waits to see if they'll have any left to sell to the wider public.

Yeah, they're not sold out from Lana yet, they're not offering them at all to anyone until further notice. They offer them to repeat customers based on how much you've ordered through them in the past.

However I do believe BBTS actually is already sold out of their dragon soul version. The spinosaurus sold out nearly immediately when that was available for pre order, not surprised the giga and v Rex have done the same.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hoping to hear from Lana soon about the DS. I've bought almost nanmu piece from them minus that dragon thing.

Carnoking

Well, looks like no decision necessary this time around. Unless Lana gets in touch with me (which I doubt seeing as I've only ordered a handful of figures through them), it seems I've already missed out. I suppose I could wait until ED gets their stock but I can see missing that too if it goes as fast.

I have to say, I'm a little surprised the Giganotosaurus went so quick on BBTS. I feel like I haven't seen nearly as much love for this particular design or Dominion in general, so the fact that it went as fast if not faster than the Spinosaurus is a bit of a shock. Does anyone know if the new Carnos are limited? They seem to be a part of the Dragon Soul line but are still readily available.

Sovereign59

Quote from: Carnoking on December 16, 2022, 11:27:59 PMWell, looks like no decision necessary this time around. Unless Lana gets in touch with me (which I doubt seeing as I've only ordered a handful of figures through them), it seems I've already missed out. I suppose I could wait until ED gets their stock but I can see missing that too if it goes as fast.

I have to say, I'm a little surprised the Giganotosaurus went so quick on BBTS. I feel like I haven't seen nearly as much love for this particular design or Dominion in general, so the fact that it went as fast if not faster than the Spinosaurus is a bit of a shock. Does anyone know if the new Carnos are limited? They seem to be a part of the Dragon Soul line but are still readily available.

I was wondering that myself. They're considered "dragon soul" I guess simply because of the material they're made from? They're certainly not limited to less than 500 pieces like the other dragon soul figures though.
I think people are really just buying up the dragon soul versions because it's apparent there's a demand for them and there's a very real risk of missing out if you aren't able to get a pre order in. Everything Dinosaur should have them, eventually. They had the dragon soul spino in stock for a few days and I'm still kicking myself for waiting to place an order until it was too late because the shipping to the US was a bit high ☹️

Blade-of-the-Moon

Has anyone noticed if the DS Spino is being sold for outrageous prices by scalpers? That could be your demand being seen here. Scalpers have infiltrated every hobby.

Sovereign59

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2022, 03:47:52 AMHas anyone noticed if the DS Spino is being sold for outrageous prices by scalpers? That could be your demand being seen here. Scalpers have infiltrated every hobby.

Unfortunately, yes. I've seen one so far, I believe they were asking something like $400 USD for it. I do still really want one, but not quite for that price.

This is why I do respect Lana for their policy of offering the dragon soul versions to their more dedicated customers. Anything that helps keep collectibles in the hands of collectors rather than scalpers is great. It's just tough when you really want an item and there's so few if any means of ordering it yourself.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sovereign59 on December 17, 2022, 04:35:35 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2022, 03:47:52 AMHas anyone noticed if the DS Spino is being sold for outrageous prices by scalpers? That could be your demand being seen here. Scalpers have infiltrated every hobby.

Unfortunately, yes. I've seen one so far, I believe they were asking something like $400 USD for it. I do still really want one, but not quite for that price.

This is why I do respect Lana for their policy of offering the dragon soul versions to their more dedicated customers. Anything that helps keep collectibles in the hands of collectors rather than scalpers is great. It's just tough when you really want an item and there's so few if any means of ordering it yourself.

I can understand that.  Maybe and it's a bit of a long shot, if you put the word out you were interested and a collector was able to get two he/she could get one to you since they received the offer?

Carnoking

Well, it happened. A Mordred popped up on eBay for a price I could stomach and now he's here. This thing is ugly as sin but perhaps one of Nanmu's most intricately sculpted and painted to date. I'm almost tempted to get the green version now...

Lynx

I struggle to even refer to that as a dinosaur anymore

It's detailed, it's pleasing from afar, and a little fugly, but regardless shows high effort in the sculpt.

Very nice photos!
An oversized house cat.

need4swede

Quote from: Sovereign59 on December 16, 2022, 05:38:37 PMHowever I do believe BBTS actually is already sold out of their dragon soul version. The spinosaurus sold out nearly immediately when that was available for pre order, not surprised the giga and v Rex have done the same.

I'm not convinced that BBTS makes their entire allocation available to order. I've seen that DS Spino come back into stock 3-4 times on their website. Now that could just be people cancelling their pre-orders, thus adding more stock - but I've seen this sort of thing happen on their website all the time, even with non pre-orders. An item will be out of stock for weeks, then it's back in stock again.

There's a few sellers on eBay that do this a lot - I believe one is crazystonetoys or something. W-Dragon figures always fall victim to this, because they're not as available as other figures. I've always wondered if one could counter this behavior by having a forum or community poll who wants a figure, and then have dedicated members who are able to acquire these immediately do so with an agreement to reserve it for someone. A sort of ethical scalping, where the reseller agrees to sell the figure at cost to the buyer. I know it's not really a solution, but I've always wondered if something like this could help.

Quote from: Carnoking on December 18, 2022, 06:08:05 PMWell, it happened. A Mordred popped up on eBay for a price I could stomach and now he's here. This thing is ugly as sin but perhaps one of Nanmu's most intricately sculpted and painted to date. I'm almost tempted to get the green version now...

I understand if people don't like this figure because it's not the Ultimasaurus people wanted, but as a figure of its own right I think it looks awesome. It's very rare to see this level of quality, both in sculpt and paint application, at the price point Nanmu has delivered. It's an amazing figure in its own right, but as a Dino collector I can see why some people would pass on it. Congrats on the purchase! I have the green DX version and I love it.
- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on December 18, 2022, 06:08:05 PMWell, it happened. A Mordred popped up on eBay for a price I could stomach and now he's here. This thing is ugly as sin but perhaps one of Nanmu's most intricately sculpted and painted to date. I'm almost tempted to get the green version now...

Yeah I was REALLY hoping for a more detailed version of Kenner's Ultimasaurus that I know for a fact. It went kind of dragonish from a dinosaur and then it looked a lot like something from Monster Hunter which, detailed as it is seems very unappealing to me in terms of designs..not sure why.  The kaiju Godzilla spines with lights just really put me off even further.

Surely it would make a good final boss in a JW game I wouldn't mind releasing a T-Rex to take down. lol

Carnoking

It's definitely a "kitchen sink" design, little dragon, little kaiju, little dinosaur, all in one. I think it makes for a cool creature but not one I can instantly categorize as anything in particular and I think that hurts it's overall appeal despite its merits from a painting and sculpting standpoint.

Sovereign59

I don't think I've asked this before but I honestly can't remember, and so I apologize if I have  :)) I'm just curious, do you folks keep your boxes for your Nanmu/Rebor/etc. figures? Especially those of you with larger collections?

Over9K

Quote from: Sovereign59 on December 31, 2022, 03:21:02 AMI don't think I've asked this before but I honestly can't remember, and so I apologize if I have  :)) I'm just curious, do you folks keep your boxes for your Nanmu/Rebor/etc. figures? Especially those of you with larger collections?

I do. For me, anything with bespoke foam inserts, styrofoam, or a nice heavy clamshell had a cost at purchase, and has a value in future storage or transport. I also have a large, semi-finished basement going spare, so I have room for them.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have the boxes.  That said where in my storage building are they? Not 100% sure and I may have boxes of things piled in front of them if a leak hasn't developed in the roof or mice haven't nested in there. My storage area consists of a barn, a loft, and a couple sheds.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: