News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bullyland is back

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, December 21, 2022, 04:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prehistory Resurrection

Checking Rupi Bolz's Youtube Channel, Bullyland has released its 2023 catalogue (I can't post the video here sadly), meaning that it has re-emerged. It's good news indeed because previously, it faced bankruptcy. But it's back now. It has released a not that appealing, cartoonish looking new T-Rex sculpt for 2023. Other than that, figures from their Prehistoric Line from previous years; which include their Woolly Mammoth and 2020 calf, Smilodon, Spinosaurus, Giganotosaurus previous T-Rex sculpts, Velociraptor, Stegosaurus, Pteranodon, previous Ichtyosaurus in original paint scheme(I do not see the 2020 repaint; maybe it's retired), Liopleurodon, Elasmosaurus, Ammonite, their 2017 Triceratops (I do not see their 2017 Archaeopteryx; maybe it's retired) and their 2020 set of minis are available. Their modern-day animal and dragon figures do look good indeed. Shall an official Bullyland- New for 2023 thread be created?

SidB

I'd like to see their old Triassic sculpts re-emerge. Anything from that period and older.

Halichoeres

The Tyrannosaurus is worthy of Recur or Toy Major:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 21, 2022, 05:56:51 PMThe Tyrannosaurus is worthy of Recur or Toy Major:

Yo thats actually really good for Bullyland
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Gwangi

The ammonite is the only thing on that list of real interest to me. I hope Bullyland does make a comeback, or at least re-release some of their Paleozoic and Triassic figures.

DinoToyForum

QuoteI can't post the video here sadly

Why not? There's a Youtube option in the bbcode, so I guess the video is set to private?

Prehistory Resurrection

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 21, 2022, 06:41:11 PM

Why not? There's a Youtube option in the bbcode, so I guess the video is set to private?

When I try to post it, there is a notice which says "Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner." But no worries.

PrimevalRaptor

I hope this means they may be found in stores again, it was always nice to not have everything be Schleich, especially given how Bullyland usually had more accurate models (even if the sculpts are a bit more crude).
That T.rex is...interesting I guess, not the best one out there but I do like the coloration.
Here's to hoping we may get some of the Triassic stuff back (I was lucky to get my hands on those here when they released except the Mastodonsaurus, would hope that more people get to do that since they're among their best models)

Prehistory Resurrection

[deleted]

Fembrogon

Well, this is certainly a surprise. Admittedly, although that T. rex isn't much to look at, I'm pleased it doesn't look anything like the constant JP-imitators we usually see from companies.

Libraraptor

What a pleasant surprise! Although the new T.rex is not my cup of tea, I hope for some new decent stuff to come. Anyone remember their great Edaphosaurus and Paratypothorax? Legendary figures!

Pachyrhinosaurus

It's great to see Bullyland is still at it after what they've gone through over the past few years. I'd still like to pick up a lot of their stuff though it isn't as easy here in the states. It would certainly be nice to see them go back to the less-represented species they're known for.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Gwangi

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 21, 2022, 08:52:13 PMWhat a pleasant surprise! Although the new T.rex is not my cup of tea, I hope for some new decent stuff to come. Anyone remember their great Edaphosaurus and Paratypothorax? Legendary figures!

I have the Paratypothorax but never got the Edaphosaurus. Even though I have CollectA's Edaphosaurus I would still buy Bullyland's given the chance. I also still need the Arizonasaurus and Mastodonsaurus.

GojiraGuy1954

can somebody post the link I cant see it
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

Just do a YouTube search for "Rupi Bolz" and you'll find it in a jiffy.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on December 21, 2022, 06:55:27 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 21, 2022, 06:41:11 PM

When I try to post it, there is a notice which says "Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner." But no worries.

Ah, yeah, that's a setting the video owner can choose to check. It makes it so the video can't be embedded in other sites. I don't check it on my videos as views is views and I wan't my content to be easily shared.

Pachyrhinosaurus

The other new figures are worth checking out, too. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of their new lion and tiger.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on December 21, 2022, 11:22:37 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on December 21, 2022, 08:52:13 PMWhat a pleasant surprise! Although the new T.rex is not my cup of tea, I hope for some new decent stuff to come. Anyone remember their great Edaphosaurus and Paratypothorax? Legendary figures!

I have the Paratypothorax but never got the Edaphosaurus. Even though I have CollectA's Edaphosaurus I would still buy Bullyland's given the chance. I also still need the Arizonasaurus and Mastodonsaurus.

The Mastdonsaurus has become a Holy Grail for me! :)

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 22, 2022, 05:22:52 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on December 21, 2022, 11:22:37 PM

The Mastdonsaurus has become a Holy Grail for me! :)

Same, and the Arizonasaurus. They were both available when I got into this hobby but I took it for granted and waited too long. I won't miss another opportunity, should it present itself.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.