News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wild Past: New for 2023

Started by GojiraGuy1954, January 13, 2023, 05:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Wild Past -  New for 2023

Majungasaurus crenatissimus
Spoiler
Development Images
Spoiler

[close]

Final Product

Art
[close]

Scutosaurus karpinskii & Kotlassia prima

Spoiler
Development Images
Spoiler

[close]

Final Product

Art

[close]
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Pliosaurking

These are looking great! Hopefully they will be available shortly!

ItsTwentyBelow

SidB

Blade-of-the-Moon

DinoToyCollector

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954
Good topic and choice for the name. It is for real this time!  O:-)

Yes, obviously it is the Majungasaurus. It's a preview of the paint application. The rest of the animals colour should be no surprise :)

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Thialfi

Flaffy

Glad to have an a Scutosaurus be widely available on the market again!

The improvement in paint and detail compared to their Protoceratops is astounding.

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on February 01, 2023, 04:01:46 PMGlad to have an a Scutosaurus be widely available on the market again!

The improvement in paint and detail compared to their Protoceratops is astounding.
Yes, to be blunt about it, it has moved from amateurish to professional. Mind you, the sculpts have always been very good.

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on February 01, 2023, 04:04:28 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on February 01, 2023, 04:01:46 PMGlad to have an a Scutosaurus be widely available on the market again!

Yes, to be blunt about it, it has moved from amateurish to professional. Mind you, the sculpts have always been very good.

I wonder if it's possible for future runs of the Protoceratops to receive a similar treatment in terms of paint. The colour scheme and application is very basic. One of the reasons I have yet to acquire it is due to the imprecise application of the eye paint, which stands out a lot on such a small figure. Something which the Scutosaurus improves upon.

Pliosaurking

SidB

If not, when mine finally arrives, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy ,from the postal ruin that is the UK, I'll get the Protoceratops repainted, as well as modify and enhance the work on their pair of hadrosaurs, all of which are good figures. It's really nice to have small 1/35 figures available. There aren't that many around.

Faelrin

I'm wondering how this will compare to the Safari Ltd one? I agree it is nice to have another option on the market, after the previous three are all retired (Kenner, Safari Ltd, Mattel). The Kotlassia is such a nice addition of an animal that has not received figures before.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

bmathison1972

I want these; wonder what the best way in the US to order them is?

Fembrogon

B @bmathison1972 I'd probably recommend Everything Dinosaur, once they're clear of the cyber attack events at least. Dejankins might also end up stocking them.
...This goe sto remind me that I haven't bought ANY Wild Past figures yet... I really must resolve this sometime...

Thialfi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 01, 2023, 06:08:11 PMI want these; wonder what the best way in the US to order them is?
I'd say Everything Dinosaur.

ceratopsian

From ED's post on Facebook yesterday I think they are now sending out parcels to all international destinations, though Royal Mail is suggesting some delays over usual delivery time possible. So there is progress. You can always contact ED when the time comes, to check. They're always happy to answer questions.

TheCambrianCrusader

Oh man I'm dying for this Scutosaurus, the final version looks even better than I thought it would.
I can't get enough of the paint scheme on this guy it looks so good!
Can't wait to pair it up with the old Safari figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: