You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2023

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 08, 2022, 07:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SRF on January 31, 2023, 01:08:03 PMIt has been quite a while now (November last year) that Eofauna has shared any updates on their Tyrannosaurus model. I wonder if it got delayed due to the critical response the "T. imperator theory" has received.

Didn't the original announcement go back to like May or June 2022?

It's been a while, I was hoping they'd have released more information by now but it's eoafauna, they average 1.5 figures a year, I'm sure everything is fine...

CityRaptor

Quote from: Kangaroa on January 31, 2023, 01:48:21 PMAlso... another TRex... I know they are expanding their ABC range but I'd expect sth more exotic.

Well, Rex sells. It really only was a matter of time that they make one. Especially with Triceratops already out.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Kangaroa on January 31, 2023, 01:48:21 PMI know they are expanding their ABC range but I'd expect sth more exotic. Let's hope at least that this is the definitive version.
They could always have a second, obscure animal suprise figure like the Konobelodon last time
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Jorgesaurus

Why does eofauna take so long to show 2023 models?

suspsy

It is only early February still. We'll just have to be patient.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: Jorgesaurus on February 07, 2023, 04:56:52 PMWhy does eofauna take so long to show 2023 models?
As you wait and wait, take some comfort in that you're not alone in this. After all the Latin root of "patience" is "patior" = "to suffer"!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: SidB on February 07, 2023, 06:02:28 PM
Quote from: Jorgesaurus on February 07, 2023, 04:56:52 PMWhy does eofauna take so long to show 2023 models?
As you wait and wait, take some comfort in that you're not alone in this. After all the Latin root of "patience" is "patior" = "to suffer"!
And that comes from the Proto Indo European Root *peh- (to hurt)  :))

Will Eofauna be releasing 1, 2 or x amount of models this year? It seems standard they have 2 a year.

SidB

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 07, 2023, 07:53:24 PM
Quote from: SidB on February 07, 2023, 06:02:28 PM
And that comes from the Proto Indo European Root *peh- (to hurt)  :))

Will Eofauna be releasing 1, 2 or x amount of models this year? It seems standard they have 2 a year.
"to hurt", eh - ouch!

CARN0TAURUS

;D

Glad I'm not the only one getting impatient, LOL...

Fembrogon

I'm still so far behind on purchasing their releases that I can't justify being impatient.  :-[

Odobenocetops

Being spanish, I decided to get all the Eofaunas. But I intend to keep my dino collection limited to only one representative of each big group and, if possible, a "exotic" species. I finally decided to get the PNSO lying female TRex for that group, mainly because the pose.
But then Eofauna announced this one. I thought I could make an exception and have a couple, mainly because one has lips and the other hasn't, and it's cool to have both options on display. But they are both females, so... I don't know.

Maybe I can simply use the smaller as a male. Would it be too wrong?

I asked them on Instagram about the releases, but no answer.

SRF

Quote from: Kangaroa on February 08, 2023, 06:01:05 PMBeing spanish, I decided to get all the Eofaunas. But I intend to keep my dino collection limited to only one representative of each big group and, if possible, a "exotic" species. I finally decided to get the PNSO lying female TRex for that group, mainly because the pose.
But then Eofauna announced this one. I thought I could make an exception and have a couple, mainly because one has lips and the other hasn't, and it's cool to have both options on display. But they are both females, so... I don't know.

Maybe I can simply use the smaller as a male. Would it be too wrong?

I asked them on Instagram about the releases, but no answer.

Do as you please. Eofauna's Tyrannosaurus will be based on Sue, but we don't know if Sue was a female or male in life anyway. Also, PNSO has given their more robust T. Rex a female name, but that doesn't mean that it's a given fact that female Tyrannosaurs were bigger. 
But today, I'm just being father

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Paleo Flo

That looks really promising! Can't wait for it! Looks really awesome!

Is there a targeted release-date?

That could be the best state of the art Tyrannosaurus.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Kei

suspsy

Looking good, looking very good indeed! The removable base is a smart idea. Can't wait to see what the colours are like!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Wonderful figure. A definite addition to my rex pack.   Looks like Kiss's reign will be short-lived, as others have said, though I'll still keep mine, regardless. Like the wispy filaments, lips and advanced detail at the rear of the jaws (I'm assuming that these will be non-articulated {good}). She'll be a major highlight of the year, even in the face of another PNSO onslaught.

Lynx

I don't like the open-mouth look so I think I'll stick with Wilson, nice figure regardless. Prefer Kiss, but this is probably more accurate.
An oversized house cat.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Looking good! But 3D renders often look weird compared to a finished Product in my Opinion. Not a Fan of the open Mouth but i clearly see it next to Kiss/Tusk. Looks like we are at a point, where T. rex Figures start to look samey, because we know that much about it an there is some kind of shared view.

Carnoking

Perhaps it's just the render and this will be less of an issue on the final figure but does anyone else think it looks a little... I don't know, like it's got mange or something?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: