News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

I think I understand now...  Gamba has the inaccurate elongated skull.  But the new PNSO Giganotosaurus's skull looks accurate to me.

Leyster

avatar_Sim @Sim yeah this PNSO Giganotosaurus is one of the few Giganotosaurus with an updated skull.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Prehistory Resurrection

Fembrogon

The tail still appears a little odd to me, but I think I'm just used to seeing longer, more robust tails in depictions of the genus. Otherwise this model looks splendid; I'll probably get one as soon as it goes on sale somewhere.

...And wow, the aesthetic differences between old and new Lucas are like night and day.

bmathison1972

Sim

Not just between the two Lucas, the new Lucas compared to those other Giganotosaurus models show a striking difference.  The new Lucas looks "right" while those other models look crude in comparison to it.  Giganotosaurus really deserved this new PNSO model!

I share the reviewer's desire for a new Tyrannosaurus, adult Spinosaurus and eudromaeosaurians!

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on February 15, 2023, 04:13:24 PM

As if I wasn't sold on getting one already, LOL. Beautiful videos as always and thanks for posting this!

SRF

This video definitely shows what an improvement Lucas is over Gamba. Also a shame that Wilson doesn't display so well anymore with PNSO's recent releases. Especially with this new Giganotosaurus. Waiting for a sale to pick it up!
But today, I'm just being father

SidB

Quote from: SRF on February 15, 2023, 06:55:27 PMThis video definitely shows what an improvement Lucas is over Gamba. Also a shame that Wilson doesn't display so well anymore with PNSO's recent releases. Especially with this new Giganotosaurus. Waiting for a sale to pick it up!
I'm normally quick to grab these as they are released, but the 60 USD price tag PLUS the 35 USD shipping charge to Canada is just savage. I'll need to wait too. Otherwise, this is a really good one.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Sim on February 15, 2023, 06:06:22 PMNot just between the two Lucas, the new Lucas compared to those other Giganotosaurus models show a striking difference.  The new Lucas looks "right" while those other models look crude in comparison to it.  Giganotosaurus really deserved this new PNSO model!

I share the reviewer's desire for a new Tyrannosaurus, adult Spinosaurus and eudromaeosaurians!

They are still selling wilson for something like $69.99 on Amazon.  I never bought one because of the texture on the figure but from reading here it sounds like it was a good seller. 

I'm certain they'll make a newer version of wilson at some point.  We kind of already got a taste of what a new Wilson would look like with that Zhuchengtyrannus last year.  If they follow that same formula then I'll definitely buy the new version when they decide to make it.  I wonder if they are still doing well (sales wise) with current Wilson because that could delay an update on a newer version.

SRF

I'm also wondering when we can expect a new T. Rex from PNSO. They have been doing some new videos on the old old Wilson though, so I guess they still want to sell out that old sculpt first. Also the packaging of "Winter" Wilson has gotten an update last year, including more posters and other stuff with it than on the initial release.

However, in 2020 the re-release of the first Wilson didn't stop PNSO from releasing Winter Wilson just a few months after. And while PNSO released three T. rexes in 2020 (Aaron the baby T. rex, retooled/repainted old Wilson and Winter Wilson) and actually two in 2021 (Andrea and Logan the "Nanotyrannus") 2022 was a quiet year for T. rex at PNSO. So I can imagine that we'll see a new Wilson somewhere down the line, maybe even this year.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SRF on February 15, 2023, 06:55:27 PMA shame that Wilson doesn't display so well anymore with PNSO's recent releases.

What year did the current Wilson come out?  Was it 2020 or 2021?  All I remember is that I hadn't yet decided if I was going to spend the money for it when PNSO suddenly began releasing figures with the newer more accurate, smoother, and improved integument that has since become one of their trademarks.  I think we can credit the Safari and Eofauna Gigas for being the first to feature smoother skin (right?) but there is no doubt that PNSO has since taken the concept further than anyone else. 

I agree with you but I also think that Wilson became obsolete the moment they began releasing figures with more accurate skin.  So to me PNSO themselves "dated" Wilson.  Very early on I felt Wilson started to look out of place when posed with other PNSO pieces.

I know money is the key, but I hope that they knew when they releases those improved figures that the clock was ticking on making a newer Wilson too.  With T-rex being such an important figure in every company's line, it stands to reason that PNSO is working on improving theirs.  They already did it for Giganotosaurus so I think it's just a matter of time.

SRF

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS Wilson was released in December of 2020. So most of us only got it in January of 2021. After the Chinese New Year PNSO started to release figures with improved skin details, starting with the Parasaurolophus. That was in March of 2021 I think.

Since PNSO released Andrea in 2021 as well, there already is a T. rex from them with improved skin details. Since Andrea probably didn't sell as well as Wilson (albeit for different reasons), PNSO may just not see the need for a new and improved Wilson just yet.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SRF on February 15, 2023, 07:13:03 PMI'm also wondering when we can expect a new T. Rex from PNSO. They have been doing some new videos on the old old Wilson though, so I guess they still want to sell out that old sculpt first. Also the packaging of "Winter" Wilson has gotten an update last year, including more posters and other stuff with it than on the initial release.

However, in 2020 the re-release of the first Wilson didn't stop PNSO from releasing Winter Wilson just a few months after. And while PNSO released three T. rexes in 2020 (Aaron the baby T. rex, retooled/repainted old Wilson and Winter Wilson) and actually two in 2021 (Andrea and Logan the "Nanotyrannus") 2022 was a quiet year for T. rex at PNSO. So I can imagine that we'll see a new Wilson somewhere down the line, maybe even this year.

I forgot about Andrea, the fact that she features the improved skin (at least on her body) is probably a good indication that they'll be improving wilson too.  And I hope you are correct and that it happens this year.  I would love to finally get a Wilson.  Although I already kind of think of my Zhuchengtyrannus as a male T-rex :)

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SRF on February 15, 2023, 07:53:22 PMavatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS Wilson was released in December of 2020. So most of us only got it in January of 2021. After the Chinese New Year PNSO started to release figures with improved skin details, starting with the Parasaurolophus. That was in March of 2021 I think.

Since PNSO released Andrea in 2021 as well, there already is a T. rex from them with improved skin details. Since Andrea probably didn't sell as well as Wilson (albeit for different reasons), PNSO may just not see the need for a new and improved Wilson just yet.

Thanks, I couldn't remember the exact dates but I did remember that the improved skin figures began to come out right after.  Honestly, it's probably the only reason I never got the winter wilson.

Edit: I did have a couple of other issues with it too but there's no point in rehashing that stuff now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 15, 2023, 06:00:18 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 15, 2023, 02:45:25 AMLana just put up the Giga, 59.99 free shipping and no tax :

https://lanatime-shop.com/products/pnso-17?fbclid=IwAR37-xYT6ugNoZtHosaJXrBwvVn8crQbzOKzfIhamEOk3xmAHFXVh9XeNFA

Thank goodness, I just got one I like more  ;)  ;)  ;)

And I appreciate that  ^-^  it helped me get this one so we both did well I think lol  ;D

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2023, 02:25:07 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 15, 2023, 06:00:18 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 15, 2023, 02:45:25 AMLana just put up the Giga, 59.99 free shipping and no tax :

https://lanatime-shop.com/products/pnso-17?fbclid=IwAR37-xYT6ugNoZtHosaJXrBwvVn8crQbzOKzfIhamEOk3xmAHFXVh9XeNFA

Thank goodness, I just got one I like more  ;)  ;)  ;)

And I appreciate that  ^-^  it helped me get this one so we both did well I think lol  ;D
Too bad for me that apparently doesn't apply to Canada - 35 USD shipping to Toronto. Oh well, I'll have to wait for a sale.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: