News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludodactylus

Terra by Battat Amargasaurus arrived today. There's a little bit of paint wear on the snout and toes but nothing I can't fix.

"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

SidB

Maybe another candidate for repainting, avatar_Ludodactylus @Ludodactylus ?

Ludodactylus

Could very well be! My wife's not a fan of the wide, staring eyes on this paint app.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Fembrogon

Lovely little figure; not the most accurate Amarga but quite aesthetically pleasing.

Ludodactylus

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 27, 2023, 10:53:36 PMLovely little figure; not the most accurate Amarga but quite aesthetically pleasing.

Agreed, and for when this sculpt was originally released? I'm extremely happy with it. I did a rewatch marathon of Your Dinosaurs Are Wrong last week and Steve using this figure for the Amargasaurus episode made me realize how much I liked it.

Also, first adult sauropod figure in my collection!

SidB

The third TNG acquisition, a Megacerops (Brontotherium), with a few comparisons from the past:

With the Safari Arsenoitherium

And some other Megas in other scales

Kei

A beautiful Megacerops indeed - I cant wait for mine to arrive ;D

SidB

Quote from: Kei on February 28, 2023, 02:27:30 PMA beautiful Megacerops indeed - I cant wait for mine to arrive ;D
I doubt that you'll be disappointed. It's a terrific little piece.

BlueKrono

S @SidB Where did you get the TNG? Lana Time pulled theirs almost immediately. And what is the dark one with the light colored horns?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

SidB

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 28, 2023, 07:03:28 PMS @SidB Where did you get the TNG? Lana Time pulled theirs almost immediately. And what is the dark one with the light colored horns?
Wracking my brain for a second,I believe it was from the Pop Shop on Aliexpress. I'm not sure that it was necessarily pulled  as Lana continued to sell others. Maybe it was an inventory issue?

The Megacerops', top to bottom, are CollectA, Safari, Mojo and TNG.

Blackdanter

A few new bits.

Very pleased with the Splendidhand Moschops.

For some reason it looks pink in the images (it isn't).

Ever the 1st gen punk rocker, I've aquired more Aliexpressosaurs:

I've actually picked up quite a few figures recently. Unexpectedly, I came across the recent Jurassic Pork Mattel figures in an actual physical toy store! Surprisingly (for me), I actually bought a few of the unusual or impressive ones that were amongst the morass of junk in the range (which seems to have inexplicably split into a myriad of different lines). I'll maybe post those later (if/when I get around to putting the sauropods together).   

Paleo Flo

My newest haul:

I always played with the thought to get these magnificent figures.

Pentaceratops by Papo

Albertosaurus by Safari

Olorotitan by PNSO

Acrocanthosaurus by PNSO

I am absolutely blown-away by the Acrocanthosaurus! This is a truly piece of art and imo the peak of PNSOs Dinosaurus (the adorable Deinocheirus is left out). The Acro ranks in my personal top 5 of my collection. Absolutely worth the price.

The Oloro is a fine figure too. Great textures and coloration. Love it.

Safaris Minty the Albertosaurus moved in because I had to decide if I should pay for shipping or for the Alberto  ;D

The Penta was a coupon-based buy.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

SenSx

Finally received my big long overdue haul from Everything Dinosaur !

Unfortunately delivery guy did not bother to give me the parcel gently and just threw it in my garden, someone could have stolen it.
I was afraid some figures would be damaged, but nope everything was perfect thanks to the good packaging provided by Everything Dinosaur !

I was blown away by all the figures, esoecially the Therizinosaurus and Deinocheirus.
I knew the latter was beautiful, but I did not realize how big it was until I finally had it in hands.
I owned the Collecta Deluxe Deinocheirus, and thought the PNSO would be smaller, but no it's big, tall and very long, a piece of art.
The Rebor Deinosuchus is impressive, I'm just slighlty disappointed by the eyes that are a bit faded, I will need to repaint them.

Same for the Nanmu Albino Spinosaurus'eyes for some reason.
I hasitated to get it because I did not really need it, the first Nanmu Supplanter was enough.
But I found it absolutely beautiful, and it reminded me of Rudy from the Ice of Age 3.
I will try to get a Buck figure to go along with it  ;D

Paleo Flo

Awesome haul! Congrats. Could you please post a picture with the Deinocheirus/Therizino next to the Acro? Thanks a lot ^-^
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

SidB

Glad to hear that no one made off with your acquisitions, avatar_SenSx @SenSx, especially after waiting patiently. May I ask how long you had to wait for the ED order to arrive? I've been waiting almost three months for my early December order to reach my door and still nothing.

SenSx

Quote from: SidB on March 02, 2023, 03:30:00 AMGlad to hear that no one made off with your acquisitions, avatar_SenSx @SenSx, especially after waiting patiently. May I ask how long you had to wait for the ED order to arrive? I've been waiting almost three months for my early December order to reach my door and still nothing.

Really ?
It took only 5 or 6 days, less than a week, I live in France, not too far from England.
Your case is worrying, even if you live far like USA or Australia (but I guess you would have other retailer choices if it was the case, unless Everything Dinosaur was the last one to have in stock what you want).
I doubt Everything Dinosaur is too blame here, they are reliable, probably a problem during the shipping process  :-\

And you right my order was big, but I did not buy anything last year, that's everything I wanted from 2022, and it felt like a late Christmas !

SidB

Quote from: SenSx on March 02, 2023, 12:27:11 PM
Quote from: SidB on March 02, 2023, 03:30:00 AMGlad to hear that no one made off with your acquisitions, avatar_SenSx @SenSx, especially after waiting patiently. May I ask how long you had to wait for the ED order to arrive? I've been waiting almost three months for my early December order to reach my door and still nothing.

Really ?
It took only 5 or 6 days, less than a week, I live in France, not too far from England.
Your case is worrying, even if you live far like USA or Australia (but I guess you would have other retailer choices if it was the case, unless Everything Dinosaur was the last one to have in stock what you want).
I doubt Everything Dinosaur is too blame here, they are reliable, probably a problem during the shipping process  :-\

And you right my order was big, but I did not buy anything last year, that's everything I wanted from 2022, and it felt like a late Christmas !
I live in central Canada, so normal delivery takes about three weeks. There were the mail troubles in the UK in Dec and the big cyberattack, which may account for the abnormal situation. ED says that it was mailed before last year's end, so, yes, it's not looking rosy. I'll wait until the end of this week and contact them again.

DinoFan2010

Recently acquired the new Mattel Herrerasaurus. Very impressive figure.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

SidB

The fourth TNG mammal came in and here it is, the Elasmotherium, next to the CollectA Paraceratherium colossus at 1/35.

Finally, with a small group of extinct rhinos, including Eischen's Teleoceros and Coelodonta, both nominally 1/35.

DragonRider02

My most anticipated tyrannosaurs just arrived!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: