News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antey

Quote from: Faras on March 03, 2023, 12:29:31 PMDecided I'd wait for better deals so only got my Giga today. Quick briefing as there are many video reviews around
Thanks a lot, Faras! Lucas ver.2 was already good at the official presentation. But when it is demonstrated in the hands, it literally blossoms. I have long had a dream to get the perfect Giganotosaurus. And the PNSO succeeded. I will wait for the sale on Aliexpress and I will definitely buy it. Great model.

Fembrogon

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on March 02, 2023, 11:01:07 PMsomething about the scaling in that image doesn't look right tbh. with the actual foot material the enlarge foot claw is distinctively larger in comparison to the rest of the toe claws

I suspect there's some perspective distortion going on in that photo; the size difference is less drastic in the cumulative skeletal:

spinosaurus1

Quote from: Fembrogon on March 03, 2023, 02:20:27 PM
Quote from: spinosaurus1 on March 02, 2023, 11:01:07 PMsomething about the scaling in that image doesn't look right tbh. with the actual foot material the enlarge foot claw is distinctively larger in comparison to the rest of the toe claws

I suspect there's some perspective distortion going on in that photo; the size difference is less drastic in the cumulative skeletal:

yep, was aware of the skeletal and the 2nd digit still looks exaggeratively larger in contrast to the other claws in comparison to the foot skeletal posted before. but i digress.

SRF

The Meraxes is already available in PNSO's AliExpress and Amazon stores.
But today, I'm just being father

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SRF on March 03, 2023, 05:12:48 PMThe Meraxes is already available in PNSO's AliExpress and Amazon stores.
This image on amazon kind of reminds me of the old Peter Zallinger artwork from the old "dinosaurs" Random House book from 1977.  I remember going back to the book sale after my friends left school because I didn't want them making fun of me for buying a kiddy dinosaur book, LOL.  I still have the book, I've always thought Zallinger's illustrations were a bit ahead of their time for the 1970s.

Faelrin

Finally some dimensions:

Also number 69.

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS Lol I was also coming to share that pic. It looks so good from the front (and with the mouth closed). While you can even see it from the side view above, it's pretty clear the second digit claw is larger on this figure. They also did a good job with the forelimbs and skull of course. Tbh I think this one appeals to me more then the Giganotosaurus, on account of the unique morphology. I also slightly prefer the coloration here, and well the fact it is cheaper. Though both would look great together with the others from their family no doubt.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Lynx

I've sworn off getting more large theropods but...
The colors are what make this offer really tempting IMO, as I would not be interested had it just been the usual green or light grey with stripes. 

Oddly, the figure has so much personality. I don't know what it is about it. The picture CARN0TAURUS shared really does show it.

What name did PNSO give this figure?
An oversized house cat.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Lynx on March 03, 2023, 06:32:01 PMI've sworn off getting more large theropods but...
The colors are what make this offer really tempting IMO, as I would not be interested had it just been the usual green or light grey with stripes. 

Oddly, the figure has so much personality. I don't know what it is about it. The picture CARN0TAURUS shared really does show it.

What name did PNSO give this figure?

They are calling it Mungo.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Faelrin on March 03, 2023, 06:12:25 PMFinally some dimensions:

Also number 69.

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS Lol I was also coming to share that pic. It looks so good from the front (and with the mouth closed). While you can even see it from the side view above, it's pretty clear the second digit claw is larger on this figure. They also did a good job with the forelimbs and skull of course. Tbh I think this one appeals to me more then the Giganotosaurus, on account of the unique morphology. I also slightly prefer the coloration here, and well the fact it is cheaper. Though both would look great together with the others from their family no doubt.

He's about a foot long, still decent size.  About the size of the Allosaurus or a bit bigger, correct?  I think the new Giga is a good 2 inches longer.

Sim

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS, I just checked the first post of the PNSO new for 2021 thread and it shows the Allosaurus is 25cm, so a bit smaller than the Meraxes.

I'm actually glad I don't want the Meraxes as it means I have more room for figures I do want.  I have to say though it's a very nice figure.  It's a successor to the Carnegie Giganotosaurus, both being striped, blue giant carcharodontosaurids that are well-made and a similar size.  Like how the PNSO Tylosaurus is a successor to the Carnegie Tylosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just received the Giga from Lanatimeshop today, took about 10 days after shipping.  They also put the Meraxes up for order yesterday.

DinoFan2010

Wow! sucks I don't have space for PNSO figures.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Kei

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 04, 2023, 05:02:06 AMJust received the Giga from Lanatimeshop today, took about 10 days after shipping.  They also put the Meraxes up for order yesterday.

That looks really good - PNSO has up their game greatly in terms of well-painted teeth  :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think it actually looks better to the naked eye, things are so hard to photograph and I'm not a professional. lol

JohannesB

I love the Meraxes' colour scheme (and its "looks" in general). I might get one. I would like them to bring out a ornithopod again soon too, after all the theropods, lately.

Rain

I wish PNSO would add lips, it's the only thing keeping me from purchasing more

Joel1905

Quote from: Rain on March 04, 2023, 05:47:09 PMI wish PNSO would add lips, it's the only thing keeping me from purchasing more

Lips aren't a done thing and there's still credible arguments, evidence and backers in favour of liplessness, so I wouldn't worry about it. Neither lips or liplessness are inaccurate based on what we have so far.

Patrx

I, too, won't be picking up any of these lipless PNSO theropods, as nice as they look in other regards. Unless and until there's a good case made against lips on theropods, I'm gonna be looking for ones that have them on the grounds that I like the look a lot better.

SidB

I definitely prefer lips, but remain unconvinced that arguments on either side are definitive, so I remain open to either interpretation, though, if there's a choice, I'll take the lipped version.

SidB

Just ordered the Meraxes. That'll join the new Giga and the GR Carcharodontosaurus (blue version) in transit. Will be a busy end of month in my receiving department.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: