News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeadlymoose

Quote from: Sim on February 12, 2023, 08:56:08 PMInteresting, the last time a PNSO Stegosaurus went missing it was because the original Biber was being retired and the new Biber and Rook then came out to replace the original Biber.  I wonder if the Biber and Rook set is being retired to replace it with the same sculpts just with better colouration?  The colouration of the second Biber was the only thing criticised so maybe PNSO is replacing it with a more colourful version?  I would be surprised if they retired Stegosaurus without a replacement as it's one of the most popular prehistoric animals.  Personally I would be interested in the second Biber with new, good colouration.

I also wonder why PNSO repainted two inaccurate models: the museum line Spinosaurus and Amargasaurus.  Last time they repainted a museum line figure was with their original Tyrannosaurus and it later got replaced by a new Wilson.  I wonder if the museum line Spino and Amarga are doing their last run before being replaced by better versions?

I'm hoping for repaints of the Stegos as well. I would love to see better coloration. I actually loved the first Biber there. 

I think the reason that PNSO repainted the Spinosaurus and Amargasaurus is simple. They're very striking sculpts, the Spinosaurus is ultra popular, and it's always beneficial to be able to reuse old molds, given the incredible price of creating new ones. And PNSO makes so many new molds in the first place that there's a double incentive to double down on some existing molds.

My guess is that these two were also reissued with cheaper-to-produce paint jobs.

oscars_dinos

Ok now I noticed that Jennie the centersaurus isn't there... what's going on

Sim

I noticed that with Everything Dinosaur's restock of PNSO figures the Biber and Rook set remained sold out.  I think it most likely means the current version is discontinued and that there's a strong chance it will be re-released with better paint.  I hope so because the newer Biber's sculpt is amazing and I would love to have it with good colours.  If I'm remembering right, PNSO retired their original Biber when they released the Biber and Rook set.

Andrea also is out of stock on Everything Dinosaur, I wouldn't be surprised if it was retired too due to not selling well.

Samrukia

Quote from: Sim on February 24, 2023, 08:09:23 PMI noticed that with Everything Dinosaur's restock of PNSO figures the Biber and Rook set remained sold out.  I think it most likely means the current version is discontinued and that there's a strong chance it will be re-released with better paint.  I hope so because the newer Biber's sculpt is amazing and I would love to have it with good colours.  If I'm remembering right, PNSO retired their original Biber when they released the Biber and Rook set.

Andrea also is out of stock on Everything Dinosaur, I wouldn't be surprised if it was retired too due to not selling well.

old Biber was available on AliExpress for a long time after new version was released

Ludodactylus

I'm glad I checked this thread. I was thinking about ordering Biber and Rook earlier today but now I think I'll wait and see about a reissue.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

SidB

Quote from: Ludodactylus on February 24, 2023, 11:57:03 PMI'm glad I checked this thread. I was thinking about ordering Biber and Rook earlier today but now I think I'll wait and see about a reissue.
That's one of several unique and irreplaceable services that the DTF provides to it's members. Quite invaluable, really.

Sim

I was on PNSO's Amazon store and Biber and Rook are available from there...  I wasn't able to check if the Centrosaurus or any other figure wasn't available as for some reason images were mostly not loading, even after I closed and re-opened my Internet browser.

On a different note, I wonder if PNSO will wait until the end or start of a year to release a new Wilson and Essien, like they did for the current new Wilson, new Doyle and new Lucas?  Or would they release them at another time like they did with the Biber and Rook set?  Also, if PNSO makes a new Wilson, what could they do for its pose to make it stand out from the previous version?

Samrukia

there are pretty good deals on aliexpress for this week, 15% off on most of the figures and also $4 off for every $30 spent (max $12)

couldn't resist and bought them :)

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Sim on March 06, 2023, 09:06:46 PMI was on PNSO's Amazon store and Biber and Rook are available from there...  I wasn't able to check if the Centrosaurus or any other figure wasn't available as for some reason images were mostly not loading, even after I closed and re-opened my Internet browser.

On a different note, I wonder if PNSO will wait until the end or start of a year to release a new Wilson and Essien, like they did for the current new Wilson, new Doyle and new Lucas?  Or would they release them at another time like they did with the Biber and Rook set?  Also, if PNSO makes a new Wilson, what could they do for its pose to make it stand out from the previous version?

oh well that's good, the same image thing was happening with biber and rooks I thought for sure they where gone... now I can go back to dreaming about buying them one day

Sim

I've spoken with Everything Dinosaur and they said they should have the Biber and Rook set back in stock in about a month's time.  I'm happy to hear this as I've decided I want to have them.

SRF

Quote from: Sim on March 06, 2023, 09:06:46 PMI was on PNSO's Amazon store and Biber and Rook are available from there...  I wasn't able to check if the Centrosaurus or any other figure wasn't available as for some reason images were mostly not loading, even after I closed and re-opened my Internet browser.

There isn't any indication or confirmation that a new Wilson or Essien are in the works right now. Since PNSO has released a repaint of the original Essien last year, I think they won't release a new sculpt until our current understanding of Spinosaurus has hold up for a longer period of time.

Also they gave Wilsons packaging an overhaul last year so it comes with the same amount of posters as other more recent Museum Line figures. As long as they have enough models in stock of that "re-release" I don't think they will release a new one. As for the pose, a lot of PNSO models are based on their art work. Wilson and Andrea were based on artwork PNSO released early in 2020. Since there is a lot of T. Rex artwork from PNSO, there are quite a lot of possibilities for the new pose eventually.

As to when PNSO will release any new big sellers from the Museum Line is just guess work. They did release both Wilson and the new Doyle close to the holiday seasons of 2020 and 2021, but their release pattern from last year was very different than in years prior.
But today, I'm just being father

Antey

Strange, the forum members have already received their models, but there are no new reviews and photos. Don't be greedy.

Lynx

Quote from: Antey on March 07, 2023, 07:07:37 PMStrange, the forum members have already received their models, but there are no new reviews and photos. Don't be greedy.

I wouldn't call it greedy, reviews take a while to write as with most models. As for photos, I am curious about the lack of those being posted, but again, I would not call it greed.
An oversized house cat.

Over9K

Quote from: Sim on February 24, 2023, 08:09:23 PMAndrea also is out of stock on Everything Dinosaur, I wouldn't be surprised if it was retired too due to not selling well.

Or PNSO wants to release a standing pose version...  ;D

Avian

Quote from: Over9K on March 07, 2023, 10:44:34 PM
Quote from: Sim on February 24, 2023, 08:09:23 PMAndrea also is out of stock on Everything Dinosaur, I wouldn't be surprised if it was retired too due to not selling well.

But do we need another PNSO rex? I hope that this is not case here.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

SidB

Quote from: Avian on March 08, 2023, 01:33:29 AM

Well,perhaps some/many of us don't, but no doubt there's a wider public out there whose potential purchase volume will likely be the determinate of that.

Avian

Quote from: SidB on March 08, 2023, 01:57:43 AM

Well,perhaps some/many of us don't, but no doubt there's a wider public out there whose potential purchase volume will likely be the determinate of that.

Very fair point.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Over9K

I collect dinosaurs generally, and T.rex specifically.

SRF

I wouldn't use the stock of Everythingdinosaur or any other reseller as indicator if a model is going to be retired. PNSO has enough Andrea figures in stock at their own online stores on Amazon and AliExpress.
But today, I'm just being father

Lynx

I got a kit of 48 PNSO minis last Christmas, and feel a tad cheated out after looking at reviews on the blog for the minis. The reviews have figures of significantly better quality and even different color schemes for some figures. Did the quality of paint for the minis go down significantly recently?

The old PNSO olorotitan mini has a completely different color scheme, and significantly better quality at that, while the mini I have in hand is green with a messily dry brushed grey belly.

Edit: Turns out that was an older version, and figures with more complex color schemes got a complete recolor or entirely simplified
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: