News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

So seems to be country dependent.

Fembrogon

It figures; before the AE sale started, both Theri and Deino appeared eligible for free shipping on Amazon. Now the Deino isn't even available, period.
I'll have to keep watch on both sites over the next week.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Fembrogon on November 01, 2022, 09:32:25 PMIt figures; before the AE sale started, both Theri and Deino appeared eligible for free shipping on Amazon. Now the Deino isn't even available, period.
I'll have to keep watch on both sites over the next week.

They've been coming in and out of stock periodically. I checked the Deino on the official PNSO Amazon storefront Thursday and it was out of stock (only available from 3rd parties). Then later that day it was back in stock with the coupon, so I got it. As I've been looking at the tracking info I noticed it's come in and out of stock a few times since.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Fembrogon

Yeah, I went ahead and just ordered the two of them (plus Tarbo) on AE, as I had some offers and discounts I could stack to make it the cheaper option. I'll sacrifice a little shipping speed for lower price.

Concavenator

I also jumped on the AE sale bandwagon and ordered the Styracosaurus as a Christmas present. From now on, I think this is what I'll be doing with PNSO figures, waiting for the November sale. If it wasn't for this sale, prices are quite a bit better on Lana Time. Thanks to this sale I managed to save 6 € from said shop (though I also searched for coupons). In any case, it feels better to directly support a company rather than a middleman.

Looking forward to getting it.  :)

Samrukia

me too, couldn't resist the sale and placed a huge order on Aliexpress with a total 20% discount and free shipping

the order should arrive right before the New Year, can't wait ::)

Remko

It's the end of the year, so lots of sale options on AliExpress for PNSO figures, and I've been catching up on some figures released earlier. Currently I just need the Acrocanthosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, female Tyrannosaurus, Nanotyrannus/young Tyrannosaurus and the Sinopliosaurus.

This week I received the Tsintaosaurus and various ceratopsians.
Just set those all up together, and I just realised that they are the group of dinosaurs PNSO has made the most of in the past years. Not counting repaints (or the mini's), the current count is 11 different figures, depicting 7 different species.

- Large Triceratops
- Doyle the Triceratops 1
- Doyle the Triceratops 2
- Aubrey the Torosaurus
- Dabei the young Torosaurus
- Jennie the Centrosaurus
- A-Qi the Sinoceratops
- Anthony the Styracosaurus
- Perez the Machairoceratops
- Duke the Spinops
- Brian the Pachyrhinosaurus

The last 7 on this list are all about the same size, wich is too bad. It would be more interesting to have them all in 1:35th scale. That way the absurd size of Triceratops and Torosaurus would be more obvious, as most of the other ceratopsians (except Pachyrhinosaurus) weren't actually that large. An average adult male would be about as tall or taller than a Styracosaurus or Centrosaurus, with those animals being just about 165 to 180 at the hips.
Jennie the Centrosaurus could be scaled to 1:35th, if you give it the size of the largest fossil individual.

Judging from the images coming with the Torosaurus, I'm hoping for an Einiosaurus Pentaceratops and Chasmosaurus next year. And I would love to see them do a Medusaceratops as well.

I think the Tyrannosaurs are a good runner up with about 9 different figures and the Hadrosaurs taking third place.

ceratopsian

Thyreophora do pretty well too.

Remko

Finally completed my PNSO figures today with the three missing theropods:
- Fergus the Acrocanthosaurus
- Gamba the Carcharodontosaurus
- Chongzuo the Sinopliosaurus (or Siamosaurus).

So now I'm all set for whatever 2023 brings!  ;D  ;D

Have to say, all these three theropods are fantastic. They have no problem standing on their own without any support.
And the Carchardontosaurus even looks like a shark. Very cool.

My only "complaint" would be about the Carcharodontosaurus. That figure has an overbite, wow!!
With the mouth closed, there's about 2 mm of space between the front of the lower jaw and the back of the teeth in the upper jaw.

It isn't that obvious with the mouth open. But closed just looks a bit weird.

JohannesB

Quote from: Remko on December 05, 2022, 02:33:54 PMMy only "complaint" would be about the Carcharodontosaurus. That figure has an overbite, wow!!
With the mouth closed, there's about 2 mm of space between the front of the lower jaw and the back of the teeth in the upper jaw.

There's that overbite thing again. Isn't an overbite present in many fossils? Since PNSO does their reconstructions without lips, there is bound to be an obvious overbite, I assume. Maybe I am missing something here (I have only done a cursory glance into the subject). Sorry if this comment is out of place. I am just genuinely curious.

Remko

Quote from: JohannesB on December 05, 2022, 04:21:40 PM
Quote from: Remko on December 05, 2022, 02:33:54 PMMy only "complaint" would be about the Carcharodontosaurus. That figure has an overbite, wow!!

There's that overbite thing again. Isn't an overbite present in many fossils? Since PNSO does their reconstructions without lips, there is bound to be an obvious overbite, I assume. Maybe I am missing something here (I have only done a cursory glance into the subject). Sorry if this comment is out of place. I am just genuinely curious.

No, an overbite isn't weird, in all PNSO's theropods the front teeth in the upper jaw are in front of the teeth in the lower jaw. But with this figure, it looks out of place. There's large gap. The lower jaw should be a bit longer, where the front of the lower teeth, should almost touch the back of the upper teeth.

I'll try to make a photo of various figures, so you can see what I mean.

Remko

Gamba the Carcharodontosaurus:

Fergus the Acrocanthosaurus:

Halichoeres

Yeah, that Carcharodontosaurus looks to have a bigger-than-standard overbite. I wonder if it wasn't assembled quite right.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Remko

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 06, 2022, 08:16:59 PMYeah, that Carcharodontosaurus looks to have a bigger-than-standard overbite. I wonder if it wasn't assembled quite right.

More likely a design error, as all individual figures have this overbite.

You can see it in the review by avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi as well: PNSO Carcharodontosaurus Dinotoyblog review

The rest of the mouth looks great, with no gaps, and all the soft tissue is spot on.
Opening and closing is no problem either.

Just seems as if they made an error with the length of the lower jaw, and it came up to short.

oscars_dinos

A bit random but I was just looking and for some reason I can't find biber and rook on PNSOs amazon page. Is this just me? are they discontinuing this model?

Faelrin

avatar_oscars_dinos @imnewhere Not just you. I also noticed that.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

Interesting, the last time a PNSO Stegosaurus went missing it was because the original Biber was being retired and the new Biber and Rook then came out to replace the original Biber.  I wonder if the Biber and Rook set is being retired to replace it with the same sculpts just with better colouration?  The colouration of the second Biber was the only thing criticised so maybe PNSO is replacing it with a more colourful version?  I would be surprised if they retired Stegosaurus without a replacement as it's one of the most popular prehistoric animals.  Personally I would be interested in the second Biber with new, good colouration.

I also wonder why PNSO repainted two inaccurate models: the museum line Spinosaurus and Amargasaurus.  Last time they repainted a museum line figure was with their original Tyrannosaurus and it later got replaced by a new Wilson.  I wonder if the museum line Spino and Amarga are doing their last run before being replaced by better versions?

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Sim on February 12, 2023, 08:56:08 PMInteresting, the last time a PNSO Stegosaurus went missing it was because the original Biber was being retired and the new Biber and Rook then came out to replace the original Biber.  I wonder if the Biber and Rook set is being retired to replace it with the same sculpts just with better colouration?  The colouration of the second Biber was the only thing criticised so maybe PNSO is replacing it with a more colourful version?  I would be surprised if they retired Stegosaurus without a replacement as it's one of the most popular prehistoric animals.  Personally I would be interested in the second Biber with new, good colouration.

I also wonder why PNSO repainted two inaccurate models: the museum line Spinosaurus and Amargasaurus.  Last time they repainted a museum line figure was with their original Tyrannosaurus and it later got replaced by a new Wilson.  I wonder if the museum line Spino and Amarga are doing their last run before being replaced by better versions?

I hope you're right, I've been wanting to get Bieber and rook for a while now and now Im scared I may have lost my chance :/ I would just jump on it now on another website but that 70 dollars hurts and will only hurt more if they end up rereleasing it with better paint apps. Im new to collecting pnso's so besides the ones listed above are they're another examples of them doing repaints? I know they did one for their ankylosaur but is that all ?

also do we think we can start to predict that a stego repaint may be a release this year ?

Sim

PNSO released repaints of their mini and medium-sized figures from their earlier releases.  They also repainted a couple of their hollow vinyl figures.

I have a feeling we will see a repaint of Biber and Rook this year, but I don't know for sure.  You could ask Everything Dinosaur or PNSO, they might be able to tell you.

Eatmycar

Bieber and Rook are a beautiful set - but they're horrendously dull color wise in my eyes. I would love to see PNSO be the one to buck the green/brown base and red plates so many fall into.

That said, I hope this set isn't discontinued! The babies with museum figures (especially one that is on its back legs!) was such a great inclusion. They need to do that more, please.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: