News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2023

Started by Faelrin, August 27, 2022, 10:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

Quote from: Carnoking on March 24, 2023, 04:06:17 PMMaybe I just haven't looked closely but isn't the head sculpt the same on both, minus the quills?
They are the same minus quills, thats the weird thing. It's the shame but it looks worse somehow. Maybe the paint job somehow accentuates it?

Faelrin

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp Yep. Really wished they used the far more accurate Legacy head sculpt. Something about the heads on these look scrunched up. The squinting eyes don't help either.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DinoFan2010

I've been watching some vids on yt and saw an ad for the new Dino Trackers toys focusing on the Indoraptor. Mentioned the DPW (Department of Prehistoric Wildlife) and played some footage of a Carnotaurus from dinotracker.com, but other than that, nothing that notable.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Prehistory Resurrection

DinoFan2010

Glad the Dilophosaur has a posable jaw. Also, love the babies! Galli looks okay.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Blade-of-the-Moon

They are nice sets. I wish we were getting more. I sort of wish grant came with the pteranodon and a hatchling one. I've always associated him with them thanks to Kenner. Art cards would have nice to include as well I really like the Captivz ones.

DinoFan2010

In-Box pic of the Clown Pyroraptor on jptoys.com, looks much nicer than it did in the promo pic.

Also, new pictures of the Fierce Changers, and a New one. Honestly, they look worse than they did in the in box pics :( .
Tyrannosaurus Rex/Ankylosaurus

Baryonyx/Parasaurolophus

Carnotaurus/Stegosaurus

Also Also, new Noble Collection Dinosaurs Coming Soon!
Velociraptor "Blue"(Jurassic World)

Velociraptor Hatchling(Jurassic Park)

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Blade-of-the-Moon

hatchling is decent if too small

CityRaptor

So, does Blue's headset come off? Because I'm not fan of permanently attached equipment.

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on March 29, 2023, 02:49:49 AMIn-Box pic of the Clown Pyroraptor on jptoys.com, looks much nicer than it did in the promo pic.

We live in a society where people can't tell the difference between a clown and a macaw.

Apparently the Fierce Changers of the same size all have the same transformation sceme. Parts are also similar, but not the same. I find it kinda amusing that the Carnotaurus got a Gigan-esque buzzsaw belly.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoFan2010

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 29, 2023, 07:23:32 AMSo, does Blue's headset come off? Because I'm not fan of permanently attached equipment.

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on March 29, 2023, 02:49:49 AMIn-Box pic of the Clown Pyroraptor on jptoys.com, looks much nicer than it did in the promo pic.

We live in a society where people can't tell the difference between a clown and a macaw.

Apparently the Fierce Changers of the same size all have the same transformation sceme. Parts are also similar, but not the same. I find it kinda amusing that the Carnotaurus got a Gigan-esque buzzsaw belly.
I said clown because I called it the Clown Pyro in another post as a joke
Also, I don't think the headset is seperate.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Flaffy

Hungary collectors have started to get the '93 Scutosaurus set. I wonder what's taking the US so long to get the '93 collection?

A shame that the Scutosaurus's final release does not display the original Kenner colour scheme. Even the concept art in the Beyond The Gates video displays a far more faithful deco. It wouldn't have taken that much extra paint either...

Eatmycar

Target is such a mess, honestly. I think the Pachy got announced what... almost six months ago? I hope they realize how much they're actually damaging their image in the eyes of the fan community. Target won't say a thing either. Are the items in a warehouse waiting for a release date? Why are they artificially holding stock back?

Clearly Mattel isn't holding the stuff back if it's hitting Europe, Amazon, and every other store in the United States...

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Yeah the cost cutting struck again on that one. And the cost is still as high as always. For something so special they should have gone all out on it. Justify that price tag.

E @Eatmycar Yep this is 100% on Target. They might be holding supply back until June since that is the month of the anniversary, but who knows with them. Definitely why I stopped pre-ordering things with them last year. Especially because they put a hold on your card indefinitely. Other retailers either charge up front or not at all until things ship. From word of month people playing the waiting game with them canceled their pre-orders once stock was available elsewhere. It's probably why some things seemingly had pre-order stock open up.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Nobs

I'll post this in the Mattell 2022 as well, but was able order the Maise/Beta/Lysto set from target.com

Its still available there too.
https://www.target.com/p/jurassic-world-dominion-maisie-38-velociraptor-39-beta-39-figures-3pk/-/A-84794329

Camzilla94

My target never got the pachy in but they're already clearancing the humans they got in

EmperorDinobot

You know what Mattel should give us? A large prosauropod the size of Ampelosaurus. Something like Plateosaurus or Riojasaurus.

Eatmycar

Quote from: Faelrin on March 30, 2023, 04:09:44 PME @Eatmycar Yep this is 100% on Target. They might be holding supply back until June since that is the month of the anniversary, but who knows with them. Definitely why I stopped pre-ordering things with them last year. Especially because they put a hold on your card indefinitely. Other retailers either charge up front or not at all until things ship. From word of month people playing the waiting game with them canceled their pre-orders once stock was available elsewhere. It's probably why some things seemingly had pre-order stock open up.

This is the weirdest/dumbest decision they could've made. I'm happy to say I've gotten all of this wave's dinosaurs through Amazon and BBTS, so I'm set, but... in a lot of Targets that got the displays for JP 30, they're starting to take those DOWN. I see fans on Facebook groups getting handed displays from Target employees. It's like they've completely botched this anniversary celebration. A friend of mine has a rex coming from England as well.

Absolutely stupid. They're burning their bridges with the fans and it's going to bite Target in the ass as it should.

Frankly, I don't really care for Beyond the Gates as is with the long delays between product and the fact that most of the videos are filler about old stories and anecdotes about the film's production histories. They should just can the thing and deliver product on time.

Shane

I missed out on the Pachy preorder and was hoping I'd find it in stores...that's a nope as of yet, Targets have been full of Muldoon and Arnold.

It's exceptionally odd that they released a mini-wave of just humans in HC, they almost always paired them with one or two dinosaurs.

After missing the Pachy I jumped on the Ankylosaurus and Geosternbergia preorders, but I've seen no movement on those and those preorders were from October. Meanwhile Amazon has already fulfilled orders for all of them. I'm thinking of canceling on Target and just ordering thru Amazon even though they're now backordered.

I've also seen reports of Best Buy getting HC in their brick and mortar stores. Which seems odd since I thought it was a Target exclusive, but I'm gonna check out Best Buy and see what I can find.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: