News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2023

Started by Faelrin, August 27, 2022, 10:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shane on March 30, 2023, 08:14:15 PMI missed out on the Pachy preorder and was hoping I'd find it in stores...that's a nope as of yet, Targets have been full of Muldoon and Arnold.

It's exceptionally odd that they released a mini-wave of just humans in HC, they almost always paired them with one or two dinosaurs.

After missing the Pachy I jumped on the Ankylosaurus and Geosternbergia preorders, but I've seen no movement on those and those preorders were from October. Meanwhile Amazon has already fulfilled orders for all of them. I'm thinking of canceling on Target and just ordering thru Amazon even though they're now backordered.

I've also seen reports of Best Buy getting HC in their brick and mortar stores. Which seems odd since I thought it was a Target exclusive, but I'm gonna check out Best Buy and see what I can find.

I've still not found the Anky or Pachy at retail. 

My preorders through Amazon did get fulfilled first and right behind that BBTS and Entertainment Earth.

I really am thinking that Target has decided to not carry the line anymore.

Shane

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 31, 2023, 03:50:13 AMI've still not found the Anky or Pachy at retail. 

My preorders through Amazon did get fulfilled first and right behind that BBTS and Entertainment Earth.

I really am thinking that Target has decided to not carry the line anymore.

I hit up two Best Buys on the way home from work yesterday and managed to find a Concavenator and JP3 Raptor.

Still no sign of Anky or Pachy. I may just bite the bullet and order on Amazon and get them when they arrive.

I wonder if Target will cancel my October preorder at some point. I did stop by a Target yesterday as well, HC Arnolds and Muldoons were down to $7.50.

Faelrin

Way too many high quality April Fool's fakes being shared at the moment. Some examples include HC "Firebeak" Quetzalcoatlus, HC "Demon" Carnotaurus, and HC Spinosaurus. Not gonna lie, the above two especially feel like a missed opportunity for this anniversary year, especially with the other throwback toys.

Speaking of those can confirm those are in Hungary already. Friend sent me a pic from his friend who ordered two sets, one of each for the both of them. All but the T. rex.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

I don't like April Fool's jokes when they actually feel like they could be real. I prefer ridiculous ones like a T. rex with wings.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

At least it wasn't a Visitor Center super set, unlike other past years...

ItsTwentyBelow

Just stopped by the closest Best Buy on a whim and found one Pachycephalosaurus, nothing else. Saw a tag for the Concavenator-sized price range. Same HC human clearances at Target but nothing new there.

Thialfi

Quote from: suspsy on April 01, 2023, 07:05:44 PMI don't like April Fool's jokes when they actually feel like they could be real. I prefer ridiculous ones like a T. rex with wings.
Same. There is no joke, no punchline, no creativity. It's basically a lie.

CityRaptor

You know I wonder how many fans take it serious and are gonna whine about not being able to find/in a few months about Mattel canceling these two items.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on April 03, 2023, 01:20:37 AMJust stopped by the closest Best Buy on a whim and found one Pachycephalosaurus, nothing else. Saw a tag for the Concavenator-sized price range. Same HC human clearances at Target but nothing new there.
Wait, theres dinosaurs at best buy too?

Shane

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 03, 2023, 03:26:34 PMWait, theres dinosaurs at best buy too?

Best Buy has a decent Jurassic Park selection including HC figures. I found Concavenator and JP3 Raptors there, it's more likely you'll find the newer offerings there than at Target, which seems to be stuck with Muldoon and Arnold and nothing else.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I checked two Best Buys near me and they didn't have any of them. Online might be possible but you have to watch that random figure from a case nonsense some stores do.

Faelrin

BBTS is getting the Herrerasaurus into stock soon. Got an email my pre-order was processing soon. I do see pre-orders have sold out on this one, so good thing I nabbed it when I saw it.

Some Best Buys have also gotten the case with Herrerasaurus in stock, and the one with Nothosaurus. 
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Cpt Red 3eard

I stopped by the other day to check for a HC Pachy. HC is basically the only thing I collect from Mattel (aside from when a mainline sculpt really appeals to me). No Pachy, but they did have the Hererra so I grabbed that for like $9.

Eatmycar

Seriously disappointed with Target here. I got into the thrill of chasing down BtG drops right before they hit through BrickSeek so id end up with like, a Parasaur a day or two before shelf date...

But now? I'm just shocked at what a mess this has been. Another week with no word or sign from Target. My Hammond Pachycephalosaurus, the last one I needed, just shipped from Amazon and will be with me by Friday. The folks at Target need to get their act together with this, or their cute little Beyond the Gates program isn't going to foster any goodwill no matter how many film crew members they fish out to blabber on anecdotes about the production.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Shane on April 03, 2023, 03:40:04 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 03, 2023, 03:26:34 PMWait, theres dinosaurs at best buy too?

Best Buy has a decent Jurassic Park selection including HC figures. I found Concavenator and JP3 Raptors there, it's more likely you'll find the newer offerings there than at Target, which seems to be stuck with Muldoon and Arnold and nothing else.
Oh, I am 99% sure they don't have anything not JP right...(sorry if its a bit off topic)

ItsTwentyBelow

I was pretty impressed by the JW spread at Best Buy. They had Herrerasaurus and Nothosaurus too. I already found those two on the shelf at Kroger (specifically Fred Meyer) over a month ago though, at stores in both Washington and Oregon during some of my field jobs. Also found the Edaphosaurus there a while back (no sales tax in OR, woohoo!)

Weird to hear that these are just now maybe being stocked at other places; old hat to me.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: