News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

The minis are on bases which I think allows for a greater range of poses.  Even with their support rods the larger PNSO theropods are going to be limited in pose to ones that can keep them standing.  I think PNSO has achieved a nice range of poses with that in mind.

As for "at least Papo's figures all have very distinct silhouettes", it really is an opinion to find that preferable to PNSO's poses.  For me there's no doubt I prefer PNSO's poses to Papo's, and I know quite a number of people dislike Papo's poses too.

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on March 31, 2023, 08:51:23 PMHonestly I'm impressed how the whole group stands out from one another. I think Meraxes might be my favorite other then the Acrocanthosaurus. Just because of that sweet blue striped coloration. They are all stunning figures though.
Yes, the compare and contrast from 9:50 onwards in the video makes this quite clear. It seems worthwhile to get all three. The color schemes alone are different enough to make each stand out. Glad that I ordered the Mapusaurus to complete the group. I can't believe that I used to find Carcharodontosaurids boring! It's good to shift one's gaze from the forest to the individual trees, so to speak, from time to time, otherwise so much is missed.

Eatmycar

Quote from: Sim on March 31, 2023, 10:25:34 PMAs for "at least Papo's figures all have very distinct silhouettes", it really is an opinion to find that preferable to PNSO's poses.

But that is also an opinion as well.

Whether one prefers static poses or dynamic poses is all opinion. Just because some people voice exhaustion with something does not mean it should just be dismissed as just opinion. It's kind of unfair to do so. The fact is that PNSO tends to be conservative in posing their figures with some exceptions such as the minis and Andrea.

The opinion is whether or not someone prefers that.

SidB

Quote from: Sim on March 31, 2023, 10:25:34 PMThe minis are on bases which I think allows for a greater range of poses.  Even with their support rods the larger PNSO theropods are going to be limited in pose to ones that can keep them standing.  I think PNSO has achieved a nice range of poses with that in mind.

As for "at least Papo's figures all have very distinct silhouettes", it really is an opinion to find that preferable to PNSO's poses.  For me there's no doubt I prefer PNSO's poses to Papo's, and I know quite a number of people dislike Papo's poses too.
I'd say that all opinions are just that, taken in abstraction from any objective grounding or at least the attempt to ascertain that grounding. As subjective, that's fine. Now, if a pose is utterly impossible, and I still like it, okay, that my affair. However, my opinion starts to become actual knowledge when it is rooted in the real possibilities of the organism's anatomical potentialities, which gives it a validity that a purely subjective liking that can never be realized and was never actualized in life doesn't have. It's perfectly good and fine for me to like the Papo Giganotosaurus and Baryonyx (which I don't), but I must not claim for that purely subjective 'like' an equality of validity in the world at large over against  genuine physical reality. If I make that type of assertion, I'm no longer being simply subjective (whish is legitimate in its own way), but am starting to enter the sphere of subjectivism itself, which is on the road to solipsism (i.e., "it's all about me, I'm the centre of all things").

Bread

Quote from: Sim on March 31, 2023, 09:16:48 PMWell, you said PNSO was lazy in effort and creativity...  That is saying PNSO made a bad pose or choice.  Also I didn't see you say anything about "possible" collector purchases?
Yes, I did say that. But I never said the pose was bad. I clearly stated that the two figures looked as though they had a very similar pose which stood out to me as a lack of creativity from PNSO, all I would like, and I have stated this previously, is to see is a little more flair with their therapod postures. Again, I keep saying this "in my opinion"

I think it's time for me to refrain from this thread, seems as though opinions are constantly nitpicked.

Sim

Quote from: Eatmycar on April 01, 2023, 06:18:19 AM
Quote from: Sim on March 31, 2023, 10:25:34 PMAs for "at least Papo's figures all have very distinct silhouettes", it really is an opinion to find that preferable to PNSO's poses.

But that is also an opinion as well.
I think it's clear I am aware that is an opinion too, since after what you quoted I said, "  For me there's no doubt I prefer PNSO's poses to Papo's, and I know quite a number of people dislike Papo's poses too."  All opinions.

Quote from: Eatmycar on April 01, 2023, 06:18:19 AMWhether one prefers static poses or dynamic poses is all opinion. Just because some people voice exhaustion with something does not mean it should just be dismissed as just opinion. It's kind of unfair to do so. The fact is that PNSO tends to be conservative in posing their figures with some exceptions such as the minis and Andrea.
The reason the criticism of PNSO's poses is being called out as being an opinion is because, frankly, the way it's being expressed is offensive and/or makes it seem like other people are in the wrong for liking PNSO's poses.

Quote from: Bread on April 01, 2023, 02:03:37 PM
Quote from: Sim on March 31, 2023, 09:16:48 PMWell, you said PNSO was lazy in effort and creativity...  That is saying PNSO made a bad pose or choice.  Also I didn't see you say anything about "possible" collector purchases?
Yes, I did say that. But I never said the pose was bad. I clearly stated that the two figures looked as though they had a very similar pose which stood out to me as a lack of creativity from PNSO, all I would like, and I have stated this previously, is to see is a little more flair with their therapod postures. Again, I keep saying this "in my opinion"

I think it's time for me to refrain from this thread, seems as though opinions are constantly nitpicked.
Wanting to see more variety in postures is a valid and fair opinion, I don't think anyone has a problem with that.  Calling PNSO lazy is an accusation they don't deserve however.  I think no nitpicking has taken place.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on March 31, 2023, 04:10:16 PM
Quote from: Bread on March 30, 2023, 10:50:21 PMNot as in lazy as just a copy and paste of some parts of the mold, lazy as in effort and creativity.

As others have been mentioning, another great example of a PNSO therapod is their Zhuchengtyrannus. The posture and lifted foot is different.

Why create an exact pose and posture of two similar looking types of therapods? I'd much prefer something more creative and different. This just gives us collectors a decision between the two models since they're similar enough to only have one, instead of acquiring both.
The poses of the Giga and Mapu ARE different.  There's only so many poses you can make and PNSO did good in the poses of these two theropods.  If you only want one that's fine, but others myself included intend to get both.

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 31, 2023, 12:00:39 AM
Quote from: Sim on March 30, 2023, 10:19:05 PMI noticed the Mapusaurus is coloured in a way that is reminiscent of earth.  It's a nice feature as Mapusaurus means "earth lizard".  I wonder if PNSO made an Erythrosuchus (meaning red crocodile) would they make it red?
That is why I am not a fan of naming animals after colors when we don't know them. Now I am only going to accept red Erythrosuchi
Hehe!  I would like a white Tsaagan from PNSO!

Quote from: Skorpio V. on March 31, 2023, 03:00:20 PMFinally, someone who agrees. Its skull is just so wrong and so ugly. Not even ugly in a cool way like the Sinraptor, ugly unnecessarily. I'm okay with its feet honestly it's just the skull and the gastralia being so angled. Wilson has a gut parallel to the ground, Chuanzi's stomach is at a 30-degree angle from its chest. It makes no sense. What's almost a shame is that the scale detail and paint is done so well on it. If only we had the same for figures like their Carnotaurus.
The Tarbosaurus's skull is fine and its gastralia could achieve that position during normal breathing.

I was gonna compare the figure to a skeletal but you can see here that Chaunzi doesn't even match up well with PNSO's own, much better structured and proprtioned Tarbosaurus skeletal

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

oscars_dinos

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 02, 2023, 12:01:49 AM
Quote from: Sim on March 31, 2023, 04:10:16 PM
Quote from: Bread on March 30, 2023, 10:50:21 PMNot as in lazy as just a copy and paste of some parts of the mold, lazy as in effort and creativity.

As others have been mentioning, another great example of a PNSO therapod is their Zhuchengtyrannus. The posture and lifted foot is different.

Why create an exact pose and posture of two similar looking types of therapods? I'd much prefer something more creative and different. This just gives us collectors a decision between the two models since they're similar enough to only have one, instead of acquiring both.
The poses of the Giga and Mapu ARE different.  There's only so many poses you can make and PNSO did good in the poses of these two theropods.  If you only want one that's fine, but others myself included intend to get both.

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 31, 2023, 12:00:39 AM
Quote from: Sim on March 30, 2023, 10:19:05 PMI noticed the Mapusaurus is coloured in a way that is reminiscent of earth.  It's a nice feature as Mapusaurus means "earth lizard".  I wonder if PNSO made an Erythrosuchus (meaning red crocodile) would they make it red?
That is why I am not a fan of naming animals after colors when we don't know them. Now I am only going to accept red Erythrosuchi
Hehe!  I would like a white Tsaagan from PNSO!

Quote from: Skorpio V. on March 31, 2023, 03:00:20 PMFinally, someone who agrees. Its skull is just so wrong and so ugly. Not even ugly in a cool way like the Sinraptor, ugly unnecessarily. I'm okay with its feet honestly it's just the skull and the gastralia being so angled. Wilson has a gut parallel to the ground, Chuanzi's stomach is at a 30-degree angle from its chest. It makes no sense. What's almost a shame is that the scale detail and paint is done so well on it. If only we had the same for figures like their Carnotaurus.
The Tarbosaurus's skull is fine and its gastralia could achieve that position during normal breathing.

I was gonna compare the figure to a skeletal but you can see here that Chaunzi doesn't even match up well with PNSO's own, much better structured and proprtioned Tarbosaurus skeletal

Yea I know someone said they're not but those feet do seem a bit over sized

Fembrogon

The model's leg musculature/tissue as a whole looks more generous than the skeletal, whereas the neck appears more conservative.
The torso actually looks comparable between the two, but the model carries the body lower in stride, so the difference appears more drastic than it is, I think.

SRF

The proportions are hard to compare, since the skeletal is viewed from the side with its head straight forward, while the figure is viewed from an angle while it has its head held to the right.
But today, I'm just being father

SRF

While I was browsing through PNSO's store on AliExpress, I've noticed that Wilson isn't in stock anymore. It's the only release in the Museum Line that's suddenly missing in the store. It could be that it's just temporarily sold out of course, or maybe there really is a new Wilson on the way?
But today, I'm just being father

dragon53

Eatmycar

That Mapusaurus is genuinely beautiful. If I was into 1/35 I'd absolutely get it.

Dan

Quote from: SRF on April 07, 2023, 11:02:36 PMWhile I was browsing through PNSO's store on AliExpress, I've noticed that Wilson isn't in stock anymore. It's the only release in the Museum Line that's suddenly missing in the store. It could be that it's just temporarily sold out of course, or maybe there really is a new Wilson on the way?

Availability tends to fluctuate for all figures and manufacturers, so this is normal. The manufacturer has indicated the restock for this specific item is expected to be available again by the end of the month.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Does PNSO carry out muscle building studies during their model building as some other companies do to produce anatomically accurate figures as much as possible?

Medzo

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on April 18, 2023, 06:57:56 PMDoes PNSO carry out muscle building studies during their model building as some other companies do to produce anatomically accurate figures as much as possible?

"As much as possible" is a very subjective description. We don't know how much is actually possible for the market currently. They surely have some modeling done, that is clear just from taking a look at all the details their figures have and how much they've evolved.

oscars_dinos

Has it been a while since PNSO has released a new figure or am I just impatient

SidB

Quote from: imnewhere on April 18, 2023, 08:14:43 PMHas it been a while since PNSO has released a new figure or am I just impatient
Maybe a bit longer than the recent pattern. My Mapusaurus just came in - usually by now the next one would have been announced.

Carnoking

They've been on a one a month streak since last year it feels like (with a few outliers here and there). With the Mapusaurus coming at the tail end of March, I'll bet we'll be seeing April's reveal late this week or early next.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just received my Mapu, love the coloration and patterns.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: