News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

SidB's Collection Thread

Started by SidB, March 17, 2023, 08:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Avian on April 07, 2023, 03:28:30 AMI really admire your mix of live plants, diorama-esque settings, and the Greek-style architecture, it works quite well together with the models. You said before that the moon lights up? I'm curious what that looks like, if you don't mind sharing a photo.
Certainly, though it has been a while since I clicked it on and .. no go. So I took it apart and cleaned some corrosion off of the AA battery terminals and .. presto ... here you are:

The bookshelf at night

The full moon rising in all its glory behind the Baobab tree:

ceratopsian

The effect behind the baobab is quite spectacular.

SidB

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 08, 2023, 07:44:06 AMThe effect behind the baobab is quite spectacular.
The fountainhead of madness!

Avian

That looks very nice! Your display system already stands out nicely, and this only enhances that.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

SidB

Thanks, avatar_Avian @Avian , glad to have taken the time to get this up and running for you and whoever else us interested.

SidB

Having crossed the planter 'bridge', the eye now rests on the five black Ikea shelves at the South corner of the east wall, with two of the dish dioramas to the viewer's right on a side table:

The set-up, while not as photogenic as the bookshelf dioramas, does provide for quite a bit of display space in a very limited area. Space has always been and is now more than ever a pressing concern. You will later see how the Ikea picture holder shelves, when taken to their logical extreme, will allow my Safari and Carnegie  Safari to be displayed with no impingement whatsoever on floor and practical/useable wall space for people.

ceratopsian

The dish dioramas are an excellent idea.

Crackington

Agree Ceratopsian, but on first glance I thought the ankylosaurs were biscuits!

ceratopsian

They might have broken your teeth!

Quote from: Crackington on April 09, 2023, 09:57:58 PMAgree Ceratopsian, but on first glance I thought the ankylosaurs were biscuits!

Stegotyranno420

Now I am thinking of aetosaurs as bourbons, and any theropods as Easter Peeps(if that is what they are called)
Love the idea

Crackington

We're getting into Dr Admin's song territory here  :D :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwkN63-kRVs

TooOldForDinosaurs

I love those round dioramas. And the shelves work really well as well. I plan to start using similar shelves in the future. It saves a lot of space if you start using the surface of the walls.

SidB

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on April 10, 2023, 06:26:30 AMI love those round dioramas. And the shelves work really well as well. I plan to start using similar shelves in the future. It saves a lot of space if you start using the surface of the walls.
The ideas weren't like Athena, who emerged fully formed from the forehead of Zeus, but they gradually came to me out of necessity, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs . I'm still exploring new possibilities for that matter.

SidB

The content of the Ikea shelves does vary from month to month, but at the time that these pictures were taken, this was the line-up:

Top shelf - GR/Haolongood Dicraeosaurus; PNSO Lingwulong; Invicta Cetiosaurus (for such a classic figure, it has a surprisingly contemporary look (excepting the front feet, which are deliberately concealed)

Second shelf - Eofauna Diplodocus; PNSO mini Allosaurus and Allosaurus; Eofauna Atlasaurus

Third shelf - Favorite Tarbosaurus; PNSO Tarbosaurus; Papo Polacanthus; PNSO Zeuchentyrannus

Fourth shelf - Geoworld Plateosaurus; CollectA Lufengosaurus; Papo Ceratosaurus

Bottom shelf - Vitae Sinraptor hepingensis; PNSO Sinraptor dongi; PNSO Sauropelta; PNSO Huanyangosaurus; Schleich Anhanguera

SidB

Dishing it out ... the mini dioramas at the two diagonal corners of the room. One on the side table, the other atop an old china cabinet:

Favorite Concavenator, PNSO Tuojangosaurus and mini, PNSO Borealopelta

Favorite Neovenator, PNSO Pinacosaurus, Vitae Zhejangosaurus

And across the dining room:

PNSO Yangchuanosaurus and mini, PNSO Chunkingosaurus

PNSO Torvosaurus in pursuit of PNSO Pachycephalosaurus

Glimpse of Papo Pachycephalosaurus and Stygimoloch to the right

PNSO Amargasaurus and mini, PNSO Carnotaurus

TooOldForDinosaurs

Those look so good!  :o

SidB

Thanks, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs , it's fun putting these together and periodically re-jigging them.

ceratopsian

Crackington

Yes, they look great close up, not at all like biscuits!

Good use of the plants and rocks etc too to make realistic mini landscapes.

ceratopsian

Much more effective than displaying the animals separately in the space.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: