News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co - New for 2023

Started by Halichoeres, April 13, 2023, 05:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

extra large soft vinyl Ankylosaurus

"soft model" PVC Deinocheirus

soft vinyl Dilophosaurus

"soft model" PVC Ichthyosaurus

soft vinyl Therizinosaurus

Tyrannosaurus keyring free with any DTC order during the holiday season
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lynx

An oversized house cat.

Fembrogon

I find it funny that it appears to have swapped colors with the Dilo. The result looks better, though.

Halichoeres

Ha, I guess the next release after this will be a blue-gray Dilophosaurus with a blond mane.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

Now available:

Quote from: Lynx on April 13, 2023, 05:59:11 PMWhy is it horizontal
I guess just so it can be easily stood on a carpet by a kid during play. Most of their large vinyl theropods are tail-leaning tripods, but since Therizinosaurus has a (presumably) shorter tail, the arm was the best third point of contact.

Alternative theory: it's friends with a Hobbit and is ducking to get through its doorway.

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 27, 2023, 04:33:03 PMNow available:

Quote from: Lynx on April 13, 2023, 05:59:11 PMWhy is it horizontal
I guess just so it can be easily stood on a carpet by a kid during play. Most of their large vinyl theropods are tail-leaning tripods, but since Therizinosaurus has a (presumably) shorter tail, the arm was the best third point of contact.

Alternative theory: it's friends with a Hobbit and is ducking to get through its doorway.
Or, if you know your 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade' , 'only the penitent Therozinosaurus shall pass' (mutatis mutandis).

Fenestra

Or, Therizionosaurus helping the environment by picking up paper in the park with its own trash picker.

SidB

Quote from: Fenestra on April 28, 2023, 08:29:45 PM

Or, Therizionosaurus helping the environment by picking up paper in the park with its own trash picker.
Very responsible!

Halichoeres

These are all excellent hypotheses.

Stegotyranno420

Honestly he looks like he is dribbling a basketball side to side and showing off his skill to his rival

Halichoeres

Inevitably, a large vinyl model of Dilophosaurus in the works:

Halichoeres

Vinyl Dilophosaurus now available:

It doesn't really interest me, but honestly it's decent for what it is.

Halichoeres

Repaints of three soft vinyl toys for a "Dinosaurs of Laramidia" exhibit:

In case you wanted a purple-and-electric-blue mosasaur in your life.

Stegotyranno420

I remember someone made a post in the Corrupt a Wish thread about Dinosaurs being discovered to be neon colours and it makes people cry.

I understand why they would cry now .
No offense the sculptors work, but I feel like the decent models are desecrated with this coloration.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 14, 2023, 03:04:59 PMRepaints of three soft vinyl toys for a "Dinosaurs of Laramidia" exhibit:

In case you wanted a purple-and-electric-blue mosasaur in your life.

I do! 💍
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CarnotaurusKing

Good grief, the rex's pupils are leaking out of its eyeballs!

In all seriousness, it's a bit disappointing that Favorite Co didn't make any new sculpts for this exhibit the way they used to. A new Denversaurus or Struthiomimus would've been swell.

Halichoeres

To my mind they peaked in 2016. All the Fukui Museum sets, and the Cambrian mini models, outstanding stuff. It kinda seems like they're not interested in courting the collector market anymore.

Faelrin

I think it's a shame they haven't done another set like the Cambrian one. Still my favorite release from them. I have fond memories of when it released too. I was fresh on the forum, and one of the first things I asked about here was if there were any figures of Cambrian period animals. Shortly after asking that, and getting a lot of good info, it was revealed. It took me years to get my hands on the set, but the wait was worth it, as I'm so glad to have it now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Fembrogon

Favorite's 2016 releases were definitely exciting - although that excitement was quickly tempered by how exclusive most of them were. I would agree that Favorite has largely been on the decline since then. There was a time when I would have listed Favorite as one of my top-preferred brands, but they don't produce enough noteworthy stuff for me to really care anymore.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Fembrogon on August 17, 2023, 05:05:57 PMFavorite's 2016 releases were definitely exciting - although that excitement was quickly tempered by how exclusive most of them were. I would agree that Favorite has largely been on the decline since then. There was a time when I would have listed Favorite as one of my top-preferred brands, but they don't produce enough noteworthy stuff for me to really care anymore.

Yep, I just checked my collection and I haven't bought anything new of theirs since 2019.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: