News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

So a soon to be revealed museum series model?

I am hoping they add to their prehistoric marine model(s) as currently there is only one for the museum line. Shonisaurus would be great.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: HappyHen on May 17, 2023, 01:33:03 PM
Quote from: quiversaurus on May 13, 2023, 06:45:42 PM
Quote from: HappyHen on May 13, 2023, 02:58:37 PMHappy Hen Toys now has in stock:

Mungo the Meraxes
https://www.happyhentoys.com/pnso-69-mungo-the-meraxes.html

and

Mila the Mapusaurus
https://www.happyhentoys.com/pnso-68-mila-the-mapusaurus.html

I have emailed PNSO to see if they will provide a preview as to what is coming for 2023
I will post an update upon their reply.

Kevin

Nice, thanks for asking. Looking forward to their update!

So I heard back from PNSO.  They will have a new Dinosaur Museum Series model
available for HHT to order shortly, but at this point they will not tell us
what it is or send us pictures.  They do like to hold it close to the vest
as you can tell.

Concerning the rest of the year, I asked if any more were anticipated and
they said yes, but they would not tell me how many or when as it
will "depend on the speed and status of the factory production".

Sorry I do not have any more specific, but that's the info direct from them
at this time.

HHT

Thank you for sharing this! Good to know there are more species coming, it's been a whole lot of Haolonggood recently - not that that's a bad thing  ;)

Medzo

I'm really hoping it will be a remastered 1:35 Essien.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Medzo on May 17, 2023, 02:54:49 PMI'm really hoping it will be a remastered 1:35 Essien.

wouldnt say no to that, then again wouldnt id be easier to just scale up 2020 essien? modeling is the most pricey part of figuremaking and the 2020 model is still good, from a business standpoint releasing a scaled up 2020 essien with new paintjob would be more worth it?

Medzo

I don't think they'd do that, that'd feel too lazy. Without a fresh "it factor".
As far as I'm concerned they do not lack the resources to design beautiful figures, production and delivery itself is the key.

Sim

Quote from: Bread on May 17, 2023, 02:21:23 PMSo a soon to be revealed museum series model?

I am hoping they add to their prehistoric marine model(s) as currently there is only one for the museum line. Shonisaurus would be great.
It is odd that PNSO made a separate name for their marine museum models and then only made a Kronosaurus for it.  Shonisaurus would be a good choice I think, but I hope PNSO makes a long-necked plesiosauroid model first as they don't have any while they have two ichthyosaurs among their medium-sized figures.

Bread

Quote from: Sim on May 17, 2023, 07:11:47 PM
Quote from: Bread on May 17, 2023, 02:21:23 PMSo a soon to be revealed museum series model?

It is odd that PNSO made a separate name for their marine museum models and then only made a Kronosaurus for it.  Shonisaurus would be a good choice I think, but I hope PNSO makes a long-necked plesiosauroid model first as they don't have any while they have two ichthyosaurs among their medium-sized figures.
Honestly I am down for anything large to scale well with their Kronosaurus, of course wanting 1:35 scale. The only reason I have yet to grab their Kronosaurus is due to the lack of other PNSO models that can go with it.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Bread on May 18, 2023, 12:51:04 AMHonestly I am down for anything large to scale well with their Kronosaurus, of course wanting 1:35 scale. The only reason I have yet to grab their Kronosaurus is due to the lack of other PNSO models that can go with it.

Some would like Tylosaurus to be larger in comparison to Kronosaurus, but I think they still go together pretty well.

Bread

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 18, 2023, 10:01:46 AM
Quote from: Bread on May 18, 2023, 12:51:04 AMHonestly I am down for anything large to scale well with their Kronosaurus, of course wanting 1:35 scale. The only reason I have yet to grab their Kronosaurus is due to the lack of other PNSO models that can go with it.

Some would like Tylosaurus to be larger in comparison to Kronosaurus, but I think they still go together pretty well.

I thought Tylosaurus was much smaller than Kronosaurus? The Kronosaurus model being about 1:35 scale and the Tylosaurus being larger than 1:20, based on L @Leyster's calculations.

I am somewhat of a picky collector when it comes to scales. Especially with prehistoric marine life.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm reminded I still have that Tylosaurus in a box never opened along with a few others. I'm in need of more shelves..or less figures. Guess which one will happen first.. lol

suspsy

Kronosaurus is estimated to have been around 10 metres/33 feet long and Tylosaurus is estimated to have been around 12 metres/40 feet long, so the PNSO toys scale pretty nicely together.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

postsaurischian

Quote from: Bread on May 18, 2023, 01:44:04 PMI thought Tylosaurus was much smaller than Kronosaurus? The Kronosaurus model being about 1:35 scale and the Tylosaurus being larger than 1:20, based on L @Leyster's calculations.

Well, Leyster has to think his calculations over then. Scaling PNSO's Tylosaurus larger than 1:20 is completely wrong. Sideshow's is a bit larger than 1:20.
I've been standing more than once next to the Tylosaurus skeleton in Zürich / Switzerland and believe me .... it's huge.

Sim

I think Leyster calculated the scale for a small species of Tylosaurus, due to the tip of the snout matching that species.  However, I have seen a larger species of Tylosaurus with the snout tip matching the PNSO model, so I feel okay with having the PNSO Tylosaurus be in 1:35 scale.  The PNSO Himalayasaurus is in 1:35 scale too if you use the real life length PNSO gives on the poster that comes with it.  And PNSO's Mosasaurus is 1:35 scale too.

Leyster

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 18, 2023, 06:05:14 PM
Quote from: Bread on May 18, 2023, 01:44:04 PMI thought Tylosaurus was much smaller than Kronosaurus? The Kronosaurus model being about 1:35 scale and the Tylosaurus being larger than 1:20, based on L @Leyster's calculations.

Well, Leyster has to think his calculations over then. Scaling PNSO's Tylosaurus larger than 1:20 is completely wrong. Sideshow's is a bit larger than 1:20.
I've been standing more than once next to the Tylosaurus skeleton in Zürich / Switzerland and believe me .... it's huge.
There's more than one species of Tylosaurus, and not all of them are that big. As I explained in detail in my thread, I think the skull of the PNSO model matches more T.nepaeolicus than T.proriger, and T.nepaeolicus is smaller. I also wrote that if you want to consider it KUVP 5033 (the largest Tylosaurus proriger specimen, the one you saw in Switzerland), then it's 1:32.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

SRF

I wonder if PNSO would normally share more information with avatar_HappyHen @HappyHen on what the new releases will be than they do for this new release? If so, while they are keeping things to themselves now, I wonder if that means that we're in for a big surprise. A redone Wilson with smaller scales and maybe even lips?  ;D
But today, I'm just being father

Kuraro

Hope it would be a brachiosaurus... or some flying animal!)  :))

Paleo Flo

Quote from: SRF on May 19, 2023, 06:48:57 AMI wonder if PNSO would normally share more information with avatar_HappyHen @HappyHen on what the new releases will be than they do for this new release? If so, while they are keeping things to themselves now, I wonder if that means that we're in for a big surprise. A redone Wilson with smaller scales and maybe even lips?  ;D

Jump on the T-Rex-Train... ;D  ;D  ;D
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Sim

That the next PNSO release is a museum line model makes me worry it will be big...  I don't have much room left so I would prefer smaller releases from PNSO...  I would be happy with a new Tyrannosaurus or Spinosaurus though, I think.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Sim on May 19, 2023, 10:44:57 AMThat the next PNSO release is a museum line model makes me worry it will be big...  I don't have much room left so I would prefer smaller releases from PNSO...  I would be happy with a new Tyrannosaurus or Spinosaurus though, I think.

museum luckily (or sadly ) doesnt usually mean much bigger , tsintaosaurus is tiny and giganoto is smaller than the cheaper mapusaurus, it used to be cool bases and unique bigger figures, now its more of a paywall for popular species that sell well.

Bread

Quote from: Leyster on May 19, 2023, 05:51:43 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on May 18, 2023, 06:05:14 PM

There's more than one species of Tylosaurus, and not all of them are that big. As I explained in detail in my thread, I think the skull of the PNSO model matches more T.nepaeolicus than T.proriger, and T.nepaeolicus is smaller. I also wrote that if you want to consider it KUVP 5033 (the largest Tylosaurus proriger specimen, the one you saw in Switzerland), then it's 1:32.
Thank you for the confirmation and additional information Leyster!

Usually I rely on either you or Halichoeres for these scale calculations, no offense to anyone else's calculations.

Anyways, I am still adamant about wanting more brought to the table regarding marine museum line models from PNSO. I don't beleive that their medium size/mainline figures matchup in terms of quality to their museum line models. The seamlines for instance being very apparent on their medium size line marine models.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: