News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Skull Island Animated Series Coming On Netflix

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, May 24, 2023, 12:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prehistory Resurrection

Official Teaser of Skull Island Animated Series on Netflix. Premieres on 22nd of June.

Poster.

Gwangi

I really wish this was the Peter Jackson version of Skull Island. I'll check it out, and maybe let my daughter watch it. She wanted to watch the original King Kong with me on Thanksgiving (a tradition) but I didn't let her. The original movie is somewhat...problematic. At least for someone her age, even if I was younger when I first saw it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I might watch it but I kinda just want to see dinosaurs in it.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Gwangi on May 24, 2023, 02:21:08 PMI really wish this was the Peter Jackson version of Skull Island. I'll check it out, and maybe let my daughter watch it. She wanted to watch the original King Kong with me on Thanksgiving (a tradition) but I didn't let her. The original movie is somewhat...problematic. At least for someone her age, even if I was younger when I first saw it.
A return to Peter Jackson's Skull Island would definitely be cool, but I'll welcome an opportunity to explore the Monsterverse version as well.

I'm trying to remember the first time I saw the 1933 original; I couldn't have been 8 or 9 at the time. Of course, I had no idea about the more problematic aspects of the story; I was just paying attention to the monsters and special effects. I suppose it depends on the kid, though (and when they're ready to have that "talk" about certain things).

Camzilla94

I just wish I cared about the wildlife in this version of skull island as I did Jackson's. The camouflaged bugs are neat but everything else feels so disconnected or just kinda meh. Or just throw me a bone and put a dinosaur or two in there, would love to see Kong wrestle one in this animation style.

Over9K

Well... crap.

My Skull Island is an island populated by DINOSAURS and ONE GIANT APE.

It is not a cheap, weak copy of Toho's Monster Island.

Gwangi

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 24, 2023, 06:29:09 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 24, 2023, 02:21:08 PMI really wish this was the Peter Jackson version of Skull Island. I'll check it out, and maybe let my daughter watch it. She wanted to watch the original King Kong with me on Thanksgiving (a tradition) but I didn't let her. The original movie is somewhat...problematic. At least for someone her age, even if I was younger when I first saw it.
A return to Peter Jackson's Skull Island would definitely be cool, but I'll welcome an opportunity to explore the Monsterverse version as well.

I'm trying to remember the first time I saw the 1933 original; I couldn't have been 8 or 9 at the time. Of course, I had no idea about the more problematic aspects of the story; I was just paying attention to the monsters and special effects. I suppose it depends on the kid, though (and when they're ready to have that "talk" about certain things).

I was about 3 when I saw it, lol. I have pictures of me and my sister sitting and staring at the TV (one of those floor televisions with the wooden frame) a couple feet in front of us.

I'm sure most of the issues would go straight over my daughter's head (she's 7) but I dunno, watching some of those sequences with her would make me feel... uncomfortable. I sometimes wonder if I would feel differently if I had a son. I would like to think not but I still wonder.

BlueKrono

I wish it was the PJ Skull Island too, since they created so many cool creatures for that one. This looks in animation style and content just like a continuation of Godzilla: the Animated Series, which I also quite enjoyed. 
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Fembrogon

Quote from: Gwangi on May 24, 2023, 07:25:54 PMI'm sure most of the issues would go straight over my daughter's head (she's 7) but I dunno, watching some of those sequences with her would make me feel... uncomfortable. I sometimes wonder if I would feel differently if I had a son. I would like to think not but I still wonder.
Ah, I totally get that. I could be pretty sensitive about some things as a kid, too; it's definitely a violent movie, even if it looks quaint by modern  standards.

As for the teaser itself, the animation looks decent, and I appreciate the variety of critters shown so far. Hopefully we have a few reoccurring creatures from the 2017 film for some consistency; the skullcrawler on the complete poster is a promising sight.

Takama

Godzilla on Apple

King Kong on Netflix

Welcome to the new wolrd of Stremaing where you have to bounce platforms people. (Comeing from a guy who loved it when it was on old school TV and Physical Media).

stargatedalek

I for one don't miss cable. I prefer offline digital, best of both worlds (cheaper and also permanent, no access to internet needed to view it), but only a handful of services ever offered that.

Prehistory Resurrection

The official trailer is here;

Stegotyranno420

Watching this reminds me of a quote:

"I died of cringe watching this"
-kids these days

this looks  unoriginal, uninspiring, uninteresting, uncreative, unexciting.

Over9K

Quote from: Takama on May 25, 2023, 05:28:07 PMGodzilla on Apple

King Kong on Netflix

Welcome to the new wolrd of Stremaing where you have to bounce platforms people. (Comeing from a guy who loved it when it was on old school TV and Physical Media).

In my circle of friends we split up services and have watch parties.

On the subject of physical media, I read Fahrenheit 451 as a kid. SAVE DIGITAL STUFF PHYSICALLY. Keep the knowledge accessible. Download it, back it up, save it and hold on to it. WE control the information, not them. 

Gwangi

Stegotyranno420

QuoteOn the subject of physical media, I read Fahrenheit 451 as a kid. SAVE DIGITAL STUFF PHYSICALLY. Keep the knowledge accessible. Download it, back it up, save it and hold on to it. WE control the information, not them. 
Careful, you don't want the firemen to burn your house again do you?  :))

stargatedalek

I for one think it looks good, I'm quite excited.

Dynomikegojira

Dialogue is terrible unfortunately but I'll still watch it.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.