News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2023 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, January 01, 2023, 07:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

With HappyHenToys confirmation on future releases to be soon, one of them being a museum line model, I figure I would add a Hopes and Dreams list of my own.

Museum Line
 - Spinosaurus
This is really due to the want and desire for a nice commercially available model for the genus. Their mid-sized version is nice but I want a bigger model like their older version.
 - Shonisaurus
Something large to accompany the Kronosaurus in the museum line.

Mid-Sized Line
 - Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus
 - Alioramus
 - Nanuqsaurus
 - Concavenator
 - Kentrosaurus
 - Shunosaurus
 - Gallimimus
 - Wendiceratops
 - Regaliceratops
 - Saurolophus
 - Brachylophosaurus

Now, hoping that their therapods have lips, I am fine with the abundant Tyrannosaurs in my list. Others may, though.

Sim

Quote from: Bread on May 17, 2023, 03:09:25 PMMuseum Line
 - Spinosaurus
This is really due to the want and desire for a nice commercially available model for the genus. Their mid-sized version is nice but I want a bigger model like their older version.
I hope PNSO makes a large Spinosaurus figure too.  I hope it would have a round sail, be bipedal and have the tail adapted for display.  I'm sure it would have an articulated jaw.  Those features would make it differ from the excellent Mesozoic Life version.  Well, the ML Spino is bipedal too but it requires its base to stand.  I hope PNSO would avoid that.

Bread

Quote from: Sim on June 03, 2023, 09:22:56 PM
 - Spinosaurus
I hope PNSO makes a large Spinosaurus figure too.  I hope it would have a round sail, be bipedal and have the tail adapted for display.  I'm sure it would have an articulated jaw.  Those features would make it differ from the excellent Mesozoic Life version.  Well, the ML Spino is bipedal too but it requires its base to stand.  I hope PNSO would avoid that.
Especially with a museum recently putting up a Spinosaurus skeleton, I need it more now!

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Bread on June 04, 2023, 04:53:40 PM
Quote from: Sim on June 03, 2023, 09:22:56 PM
 - Spinosaurus
Especially with a museum recently putting up a Spinosaurus skeleton, I need it more now!

Interesting, which museum was this that has the new Spino mount?

Fembrogon

The Chicago Field Museum is setting up a permanent cast of Spino this month, with a "Dino Fest" event on June 10th to celebrate:
https://www.fieldmuseum.org/about/press/the-worlds-largest-predatory-dinosaur-and-dino-fest-to-celebrate

Stegotyranno420

Spinosaurus is the theropod I am willing to accept. But I'd rather get the MLP one than anything PNSO could put out, probably because I have been following that one for 2 years now.

I'd be willing to accept PNSO mid-range/mainline, albeit large sauropods, unless i could get the perfect sale on Haolonggood Apatosaurus.

I am very excited to see what is next. When is the next figure expected?

SRF

For quite a while now, on top of my wishlist remains Edmontosaurus Annectens. PNSOs crested Hadrosaurs are some of the best figures they've put out. It's been a while since the last one.
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

Quote from: SRF on June 04, 2023, 06:12:07 PMFor quite a while now, on top of my wishlist remains Edmontosaurus Annectens. PNSOs crested Hadrosaurs are some of the best figures they've put out. It's been a while since the last one.
It still frustrates me that we have yet to get a PNSO Edmontosaurus. Not a fan of CollectA's colorscheme and posture, and Safari's is missing the hooves plus it has the awkward scrunched up posture. Sorry but not pleased with those.

I'd like a bulky and menacing looking Edmontosaurus. It is thought of to be a strong hadrosaur in the first place.

As far as I am aware what is next for releases, Faras teased the release of Gorgosaurus if I am not wrong. Probably similar to the Carchardontosaurid lineup we got recently.

SRF

Quote from: Bread on June 04, 2023, 08:10:47 PM
Quote from: SRF on June 04, 2023, 06:12:07 PMFor quite a while now, on top of my wishlist remains Edmontosaurus Annectens. PNSOs crested Hadrosaurs are some of the best figures they've put out. It's been a while since the last one.
It still frustrates me that we have yet to get a PNSO Edmontosaurus. Not a fan of CollectA's colorscheme and posture, and Safari's is missing the hooves plus it has the awkward scrunched up posture. Sorry but not pleased with those.

I'd like a bulky and menacing looking Edmontosaurus. It is thought of to be a strong hadrosaur in the first place.

As far as I am aware what is next for releases, Faras teased the release of Gorgosaurus if I am not wrong. Probably similar to the Carchardontosaurid lineup we got recently.

I feel the same about Collectas Edmontosaurus. The one from Ancestors is good, but way too pricey for me.

I don't care too much for Carcharodontosaurids, but genuses like Daspletosaurus and Albertosaurus are childhood favorites of mine. So if PNSO is going to release more Tyrannosaurids, I'll gladly pick them up. Would like a Nanuqsaurus from them too.
But today, I'm just being father

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on May 08, 2023, 04:47:26 PMI would like PNSO to make smaller figures now.  I don't have a lot of room left, so I'm reluctant to buy large figures from PNSO.

I'd like more of the miniatures, they haven't added any in, what, about five years?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

I, too, would be very happy to see an Edmontosaurus - except I suspect it would end up in the overly expensive Museum line.

More minis would be good, too, though - especially for covering a smaller-averaging group like maniraptorans, which many of us have desired before. Some more "small" figurines would also be nice, depending on the genera choices. Corythoraptor and Kuru, anyone?

Faelrin

I definitely want more minis. Been wanting that for years now.

Corythoraptor is another I've wanted a figure of for several years now (long before it featured in Prehistoric Planet), rather it be from PNSO or else.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 04, 2023, 10:56:33 PM
Quote from: Sim on May 08, 2023, 04:47:26 PMI would like PNSO to make smaller figures now.  I don't have a lot of room left, so I'm reluctant to buy large figures from PNSO.

I'd like more of the miniatures, they haven't added any in, what, about five years?
Yeah but would they charge $20 per miniature now...? ::)

Sim

I think that's an indicator that more won't be coming.  In any case I would like small figures like the PNSO Pachycephalosaurus in size.  I wasn't impressed by most of the PNSO minis, they appeared quite crude.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on June 05, 2023, 01:26:51 PM

I think that's an indicator that more won't be coming.  In any case I would like small figures like the PNSO Pachycephalosaurus in size.  I wasn't impressed by most of the PNSO minis, they appeared quite crude.

I think you're right they probably won't, but this is a wishes thread, right? And the minis certainly didn't have the level of paint work of their larger figures, but some of the sculpts were quite good, and when it comes to Glyphoderma or Confuciusornis, beggars can't be choosers.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Some of my most wanted smaller creatures were finally done through PNSO's Little Dinosaurs mini series. Things like Anchiornis, Mei, Sinosauropteryx, Tianyulong, and Yi (although Kaiyodo's is better, and thankfully I have it thanks to Brett). Aside from the Anchiornis, which has that rare Takara Tomy figure, and of course the Yi, the others there either have no alternatives, or outdated figures, such as the Sinosauropteryx which Kaiyodo made prior, long before the coloration was found out.

At the top of my head, I would love to see them return to doing more in that series, and do things like:

-Caihong
-Desmatosuchus
-Drepanosaurus
-Dryosaurus
-Halzkaraptor
-Hyphalosaurus
-Kulindadromeus
-Longisquama
-Serikornis
-Sharovipteryx
-Thescelosaurus
-Yinlong
-Zhenyuanlong

I had a much larger wishlist here, but I think the above is a more reasonable, consolidated version of that. I may add a few more later, but I think this is the gist of it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Fembrogon on June 04, 2023, 06:04:05 PMThe Chicago Field Museum is setting up a permanent cast of Spino this month, with a "Dino Fest" event on June 10th to celebrate:
https://www.fieldmuseum.org/about/press/the-worlds-largest-predatory-dinosaur-and-dino-fest-to-celebrate

Nice, thank you for this!

An Edmontosaurus would be most welcome. I thought the Ancestors one was pretty solid and definitive, especially when put next to Winter Wilson, but it is indeed really pricey.

Things have been rather quiet recently across the board...

Sim

I would like PNSO to make more stegosaurians.  Since switiching to the finer scalation, they've only made Stegosaurus, which is just so good!  Imagine if PNSO made other stegosaurians like that!  I would very much like PNSO to make Kentrosaurus!

Sim

Quote from: Fembrogon on June 04, 2023, 06:04:05 PMThe Chicago Field Museum is setting up a permanent cast of Spino this month, with a "Dino Fest" event on June 10th to celebrate:
This is cool, thanks for sharing!  I'd really like a 1:35 adult Spinosaurus from PNSO.  I've got their 2023 Giganotosaurus, I would like to get their 2023 Tyrannosaurus, but I've got no Spinosaurus.  I mainly prefer smaller figures now due to little remaining space, but Spinosaurus is one I would like a big figure of. It would be interesting if PNSO made all three of the "big three" this year.  And I would definitely be interested in a series of spinosaurids from PNSO.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Sim on June 11, 2023, 09:56:02 PMI would like PNSO to make more stegosaurians.  Since switiching to the finer scalation, they've only made Stegosaurus, which is just so good!  Imagine if PNSO made other stegosaurians like that!  I would very much like PNSO to make Kentrosaurus!

I'm 100% behind this. Their Miragaia, Tuojiangosaurus and Chungkingosaurus are great, but it's time for more, especially with the improved skin textures.

100% behind a Kentrosaurus too - let's see if HLG or PNSO get to it first  :))

Edit: I recently found out about Stegosaurus ungulatus and how it differs from S. stenops, and I would be so hyped if PNSO also did an S. ungulatus. The size difference and variation in plate shape would be so interesting and satisfying to have in true model, 1:35 scale...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: