News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What would we like CollectA to make?

Started by Sim, June 01, 2023, 06:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres an alvarezsaurid would be nice. Also, not sure we will be getting something like a troodontid, a scansoriopterygid or an anchiornithid anytime soon unfortunately, though hopefully I'm wrong.

Sim

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres and avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420, in the polls I'll create only five votes per poll will be allowed.  Can you revise your selections to only include five choices per category, please?  I think it will be advantageous as less choices mean more votes can go to the animals in the polls, which makes it more likely CollectA will make them I think.

Sim

Thanks for listing only five per category, avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420! :)

Sim

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420, I just realised CollectA has made Dacentrurus, Torvosaurus and Rajasaurus already and I think they're still recent enough that they won't feel like replacing them, so if you'd like CollectA to make those three could you give something to differentiate them from CollectA's current versions?

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Gwangi

Theropods:

Dryptosaurus
Coelophysis
Gigantoraptor
Yi qi
Pelagornis

Ornithischians:

Dryosaurus
Scutellosaurus
Heterodontosaurus
Saurolophus
Liaoningosaurus

Sauropodomorphs:

Plateosaurus
Barosaurus
Dicraeosaurus
Camarasaurus
Brachytrachelopan

Pterosaurs:

Anurognathid (any)
Cearadactylus
Pterodactylus
Pterodaustro
Nyctosaurus

Other: The hardest category to narrow down.  :P

Eusthenopteron
Leedsichthys
Diplocaulus
Ophiacodon
Eurypterus

Stegotyranno420

I am happy to see so many folks wanting a Barosaurus.

Sim

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on June 07, 2023, 06:30:10 PMThe Rajasaurus is ancient
If it is, it still looks good enough that a new version would need something to differntiate it for CollectA to consider making it, I think.

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420, you said you changed some genera, but I see no changes in your post...

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi, you have six choices for pterosaurs, can you make it five please (the amount you'll be able to vote for)?

Gwangi

Quote from: Sim on June 07, 2023, 07:04:58 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on June 07, 2023, 06:30:10 PMThe Rajasaurus is ancient
If it is, it still looks good enough that a new version would need something to differntiate it for CollectA to consider making it, I think.

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420, you said you changed some genera, but I see no changes in your post...

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi, you have six choices for pterosaurs, can you make it five please (the amount you'll be able to vote for)?

Oops! Fixed it.

Sim

Thanks avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi and avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420!  Stegotyranno420, you made a funny typo in Shantungosaurus!

Pliosaurking

Sauropods (all deluxe 1:35/40 scale)
Plateosaurus
Barosaurus
Some large Titanosaur such as Argentinosaurus or something similar
Brontosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Theropods
Austroraptor
Ornithomimus
Rajasaurus (update)
Updated deluxe Torvosaurus
Deluxe Megalosaurus

Ornithischians
Kentrosaurus
Chasmosaurus
Maisaurua
Scelidosaurus
Shangtungosaurus (deluxe)

Pterosaurs
Hatzegopteryx (deluxe)
Pterodaustro
Nyctosaurus
Tropeognathus
Dsungaripterus

Other 
Prionosuchus (deluxe)
A Phytosaur
Fasolasuchus (deluxe)
Leedsichthys (deluxe)
Purussaurus (deluxe)

There are several others I would choose but these are probably my top picks.

TheCambrianCrusader

Their Rhomaleosaurus absolutely needs an upgrade. And more marine animals in general, their marine stuff is honestly what I look forward too most along with the stem-mammals. Poor Cryptoclidus is begging for a model of it to be made

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Pliosaurking on June 07, 2023, 08:05:41 PMSauropods (all deluxe 1:35/40 scale)
Plateosaurus
Barosaurus
Some large Titanosaur such as Argentinosaurus or something similar
Brontosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Theropods
Austroraptor
Ornithomimus
Rajasaurus (update)
Updated deluxe Torvosaurus
Deluxe Megalosaurus

Ornithischians
Kentrosaurus
Chasmosaurus
Maisaurua
Scelidosaurus
Shangtungosaurus (deluxe)

Pterosaurs
Hatzegopteryx (deluxe)
Pterodaustro
Nyctosaurus
Tropeognathus
Dsungaripterus

Other 
Prionosuchus (deluxe)
A Phytosaur
Fasolasuchus (deluxe)
Leedsichthys (deluxe)
Purussaurus (deluxe)

There are several others I would choose but these are probably my top picks.

I love your list

alexeratops

I've probably said it before but I don't mind saying it again: Tiktaalik. Baffles me that there's no Safari/CollectA (cheaper end) model of this extremely influential and decently well-known species.
like a bantha!

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on June 07, 2023, 07:04:58 PM

Its bad. Like good for Procon standards but its still Procon
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

As far as I'm aware, the Rajasaurus was made after CollectA changed its name from Procon.  The CollectA Rajasaurus looks good to me, but in any case CollectA reissued it with a base so they must have intended to keep it around, which is why a new one needed a reason.

Sim

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres, I tried looking up some of the names you listed but I didn't find anything about Gregorius being a prehistoric animal?  Also, can you please reduce the number of choices per category to 5?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I just want more 1:1 or 1:2 creatures in their largest range.

Remko

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on June 01, 2023, 08:04:11 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on June 01, 2023, 07:40:39 PMavatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 They already made an Einiosaurus.

Yeah but its small and not good and also maybe retired i can't remember

I disagree.
The CollectA Einiosaurus is one of my favorite figures. It's also nicely scaled in 1:35th to 1:40th. Sure, Safari has a bigger variant, but I like the CollectA one very much. It's one of their best ceratopsians.

As for myself, all species already named are great.
But I would also like to see them do a new Diplodocus. Especially a variant of their rearing one but in a walking pose.

DragonRider02

1. Silesaurus opolensis
2. Deluxe/Supreme Pterodaustro
3. Updated Deluxe Velociraptor, to go with the Deluxe Protoceratops
4. Upsized version of the Brontosaurus
5. Downsized version of the Protoceratops

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: