You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What 5 pterosaur toys would we like from CollectA?

Started by Sim, June 09, 2023, 08:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What 5 pterosaur toys would you most like from CollectA?

Anurognathus
11 (39.3%)
Caulkicephalus
2 (7.1%)
Cearadactylus
7 (25%)
Cycnorhamphus
3 (10.7%)
Dorygnathus
2 (7.1%)
Dsungaripterus
9 (32.1%)
Harpactognathus (1:35 scale)
5 (17.9%)
Hatzegopteryx (new)
10 (35.7%)
Nyctosaurus
11 (39.3%)
Pterodactylus (1:1 scale)
12 (42.9%)
Pterodaustro
14 (50%)
Quetzalcoatlus lawsoni
4 (14.3%)
Rhamphorhynchus
7 (25%)
Tropeognathus
8 (28.6%)
Tupandactylus imperator
6 (21.4%)
Any anurognathid
8 (28.6%)
Mini pterosaur set
13 (46.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Sim

Lots of different pterosaurs are in this poll!  It might be good if CollectA makes more than one in a given year.

stargatedalek

Life sized Pterodactylus and life sized Anurognathid please!

Georassic

Please please please, a pterosaur mini set. They could do several pterosaurs with 3-5 meter wingspans in 1:30 to 1:40.

Sim

I voted for:
1. Harpactognathus.  It would go well with other Morrison Formation animals, I think!
2. Rhamphorhynchus.  It's been well-known from fossils for so long, it's iconic and it's my favourite pterosaur!
3. Mini pterosaur set.  I'd like it to include Dimorphodon and Rhamphorhynchus.  I think this would prove very popular.

Skorpio V.

Pterodaustro deserves 🙏🙏

A definitive 1:35 Hatzegopteryx would be really nice about now.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

BlueKrono

I'd like to vote for "any anurognathid" five times please.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ceratopsian

Absolutely!  Such a huge hole in what is currently available from companies.

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 11, 2023, 04:24:54 AMI'd like to vote for "any anurognathid" five times please.

ceratopsian

I went for:

Dorygnathus
Pterodaustro
Rhamphorhyncus - why on earth isn't there one, given the excellent fossil record?
Any anurognathid - please, please, please!
Mini set -seems a really good idea - but only if the figures are nice and detailed

postsaurischian

1:1 Pterodactylus would be a long-cherished wish coming true.
Of course any anurognathid would also be more than welcome.

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 11, 2023, 09:25:52 AMRhamphorhyncus - why on earth isn't there one, given the excellent fossil record?

We have the Wild Safari figure, but I could understand if it doesn't meet your requirements.
I liked it when it came out, but would prefer an updated sitting pose now.

ceratopsian

Yes, that one doesn't meet my requirements. Although I didn't vote for it, I'd be more than happy with Pterodactylus. It almost made the cut!

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 11, 2023, 09:48:47 AM1:1 Pterodactylus would be a long-cherished wish coming true.
Of course any anurognathid would also be more than welcome.

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 11, 2023, 09:25:52 AMRhamphorhyncus - why on earth isn't there one, given the excellent fossil record?

We have the Wild Safari figure, but I could understand if it doesn't meet your requirements.
I liked it when it came out, but would prefer an updated sitting pose now.

Crackington

I voted for the mini set (small is beautiful), Rhamphorycus as its an old fave and the amazing Nyctosaurus.

I also voted for Cearadactylus and Cycnorhampus as they are new to me and Collecta often surprises with obscure or new choices. I'll just have to learn how to spell and pronounce them  :D

Faelrin

I would gladly buy a 1:1 scale figure of Anurognathus (which featured in WWD), or any of its relatives such as Jeholopterus (which featured in the new Jurassic World Evolution 2 Feathered Species Pack DLC), or Sinomacrops (featured in Ark: Survival Evolved's fan made Lost Island map/free DLC). Easily the cutest pterosaurs out there, and they are long overdue for some figures.

I also voted for:
-Pterodactylus: we really need a figure the og discovered pterosaur genus
-Quetzalcoatlus lawsoni: I'd love an accurate one from them, especially in a standing pose. Prehistoric Planet (and JWD/JWE2) really got me in love with this pterosaur genus, and no figures still satisfy my need (Haolonggood's comes the closest for now). This is the species with better fossil material, even if it isn't the largest one.
-Rhamphorhynchus: Long overdue for an accurate figure of one the most recognizable pterosaur genera.
-Tupandactylus imperator: I'd rather have the new T. navigans, but an updated figure of this one is also needed.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Smilodon P.

I was quite disappointed when I saw that this year we would not have deluxe pterosaur figures.

Despite having the Kayakasaurus's anurognathus and finding the Labradoritewolf's interpretation of this animal to be very dynamic, I was hoping for at least a life size anurognathid to end the Collecta´s pterosaurs series.

Sorry for the rant, but here are my choices:

1º) Any anurognathid (Personally, I would prefer a 1:1 scale Batrachognathus to escape the commonplace of choosing Anurognathus or Jeholopterus)
2º) Anurognathus (1:1 scale)
3º) Pterodactylus (1:1 scale)
4º) Cearadactylus
5º) Pterodaustro

Halichoeres

I didn't suggest mini pterosaur set, but it is the right answer! Just as long as it isn't all giant azhdarchids and pteranodontids, that is. Some of the Solnhofen or Jehol guys would fill it out nicely.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.