News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRF

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 12, 2023, 02:55:30 PM
Quote from: Medzo on June 12, 2023, 02:37:04 PM
Quote from: SRF on June 12, 2023, 10:54:22 AMI purchased Cameron this morning and I got quite a discount on him. I paid 66 euro for him, this includes the VAT for importing goods from outside of Europe. For those who consider purchasing him, now is definitely a good time.

Anyone got a working Ali coupon code?
u dont need code the sale applies automaticly, additional coupons are disabled usually

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005601240208.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_topSellerIng.8148356.7.1bb25da4tvbcBr&pdp_npi=3%40dis%21USD%21US%20%2489.24%21US%20%2475.85%21%21%21%21%21%40211b88f016865781132145836ed13e%2112000033707740866%21sh%21DE%210

That's correct. When I ordered Cameron, I only found out that I got an additional discount of around 9 euro when I went to the page where I had to select my method of payment etc.
But today, I'm just being father

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on June 12, 2023, 02:08:50 PMLove the pose but whyyyyyy did they have to do brown stripes on brown again? I can hardly tell the difference in color between this and the Das

They must have bought the paint in bulk.. lol

Medzo

Quote from: SRF on June 12, 2023, 10:54:22 AMI purchased Cameron this morning and I got quite a discount on him. I paid 66 euro for him, this includes the VAT for importing goods from outside of Europe. For those who consider purchasing him, now is definitely a good time.

u dont need code the sale applies automaticly, additional coupons are disabled usually

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005601240208.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_topSellerIng.8148356.7.1bb25da4tvbcBr&pdp_npi=3%40dis%21USD%21US%20%2489.24%21US%20%2475.85%21%21%21%21%21%40211b88f016865781132145836ed13e%2112000033707740866%21sh%21DE%210

Thanks, just ordered. He is going to be the crown jewel of my PNSO collection  >:D

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Medzo on June 12, 2023, 03:05:44 PM

Thanks, just ordered. He is going to be the crown jewel of my PNSO collection  >:D

btw since ur a big pnso fan whats your thoughts on these 3 tyrannosaurids? any of them enticing ? i picked up all since i want a good tyrannosaur shelf

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 12, 2023, 03:05:23 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on June 12, 2023, 02:08:50 PMLove the pose but whyyyyyy did they have to do brown stripes on brown again? I can hardly tell the difference in color between this and the Das

They must have bought the paint in bulk.. lol

That wouldn't surprise me, paint is really expensive.  If PNSO is responsible for supplying the factory with the paint, perhaps a large brown paint purchase happened in the past.  That might also explain why so many of their figures are painted that color. 

Sim

Quote from: Lynx on June 11, 2023, 03:29:46 AMtheropods in general are just blatantly boring
That's not true.  Theropods are very interesting.  And the ones that are still alive include the most elegant and beautiful animals, some of the most intelligent animals, animals with the best voices, animals with the most complex integument and, in my opinion, some of the most charming animals.

Medzo

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 12, 2023, 03:09:19 PMbtw since ur a big pnso fan whats your thoughts on these 3 tyrannosaurids? any of them enticing ? i picked up all since i want a good tyrannosaur shelf

In short, the only reason I might skip them is their color scheme. PNSO proved that it can create very colorful and exotic tones. Only for theropods they mainly don't have the courage to take some risk and apply their skills. Just take a look at birds. Or the genus of Panthera. If alien's would've dig them up in the future, they wouldn't be wrong assuming they had tons of different color variations.

BoTM products are way more exciting in this regard, sadly.

Skorpio V.

Really not feeling the Albertosaurus head sculpt from the mirrored shot. Maybe it's the eye placement idrk
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Medzo on June 12, 2023, 03:31:27 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 12, 2023, 03:09:19 PMbtw since ur a big pnso fan whats your thoughts on these 3 tyrannosaurids? any of them enticing ? i picked up all since i want a good tyrannosaur shelf

In short, the only reason I might skip them is their color scheme. PNSO proved that it can create very colorful and exotic tones. Only for theropods they mainly don't have the courage to take some risk and apply their skills. Just take a look at birds. Or the genus of Panthera. If alien's would've dig them up in the future, they wouldn't be wrong assuming they had tons of different color variations.

BoTM products are way more exciting in this regard, sadly.

i too especially am missing a jetblack irredescent carnivore, a panther of the dinoworld, how cool that be, they have the color see microraptor.

SRF

I'm still willing to purchase most of these Tyrannosaurs. The Lythronax is very appealling to me and I'll get at least one of the Daspletosaurus/Albertosaurus duo. I do want to see an in hand comparison of the Daspletosaurus and Albertosaurus before I decide which one to get (or even both). And I really hope the Gorgosaurus gets a significantely different color scheme.

Funnily enough, upfront I said that I don't need an Albertosaurus and a Gorgosaurus, but now it seems that the choice is to be made between Albertosaurus and Daspletosaurus.
But today, I'm just being father

Lynx

Quote from: Sim on June 12, 2023, 03:26:05 PM
Quote from: Lynx on June 11, 2023, 03:29:46 AMtheropods in general are just blatantly boring
That's not true.  Theropods are very interesting.  And the ones that are still alive include the most elegant and beautiful animals, some of the most intelligent animals, animals with the best voices, animals with the most complex integument and, in my opinion, some of the most charming animals.

I know I said I wouldn't respond further, but I may as well defend myself when this seems to have been unintentionally taken out of context.

My comment was regarding dinosaur figures and how I find PNSOs figures boring. I don't dislike any animal as a whole, my favorite dinosaurs are mostly theropods, hell, most my collection is theropods, but I can still find figures of theropods boring, especially when this is the only thing PNSO has released thus far, most of which being close relatives, not really taking in the diversity the group has. The rest of my posts suggests that, but as I didn't specify, I can see how it was taken out of context, which is my fault on that behalf.
An oversized house cat.

Flaffy

This compilation by Seamus Rooney perfectly demonstrates PNSO's absolute lack of creativity when it comes to their Tyrannosaur's paint schemes.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Flaffy on June 12, 2023, 03:52:26 PMThis compilation by Seamus Rooney perfectly demonstrates PNSO's absolute lack of creativity when it comes to their Tyrannosaur's paint schemes.

man if only the botm made actual models and not action figures, its a personal thing but those movesegments are such a turnoff ( esp the lythronax yikes) instantly to the point ,the pnso still look better and realer even with blander colours, im sorry botm but i only care about ur utahraptor/ the vulture one cause its perfect despite not inspite those

ceratopsian

Agreed, avatar_Sim @Sim. Theropods are not the focus of my collecting but I'd never describe them as boring (though I might perhaps occasionally describe some model representations as boring - but that's different). And I'm this very minute being charmed and entertained by their modern descendants in my garden!

quote author=Sim link=msg=348033 date=1686579965]
[/quote]

Bread

Quote from: Flaffy on June 12, 2023, 03:52:26 PMThis compilation by Seamus Rooney perfectly demonstrates PNSO's absolute lack of creativity when it comes to their Tyrannosaur's paint schemes.

In defense for PNSO, the more conservative and duller approach for therapods is safer than bright colors that the BOTM line provides. I feel as though this is a better approach as these figures need to appeal to all audiences. And there is a large sum of collectors who do not appreciate the colorschemes of the Botm line (which I'd argue is pretty odd given that they're perfectly plausible colorschemes).

I am fine with bland colorschemes since I eventually end up having the model(s) repainted, but other than that I can understand the issues with the constant reuse of colors. For example, the Daspletosaurus could easily represent a younger Tyrannosaurus without the slightest issue of difference in color pallets.

CARN0TAURUS

Wow, seeing them side by side and aside from the color variation, this really shows how much the lips add as well.  All the BtoM ones have some brown and brown tones in them but the way the color is used is night and day more complex.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 12, 2023, 03:54:56 PMMan if only the BotM made actual models and not action figures, its a personal thing but those movesegments are such a turnoff

avatar_TheImmortalEye @TheImmortalEye
I can relate to this too, but aside from them not being released as just simple sculpts, the 1/18 scale is the biggest killer for me.  As beautiful as all of the BotM tyrannosaur action figures are, I'm limiting myself to the 1/35 T-rex only.  But if I had the space to accommodate the other ones my wallet would be in big trouble.

Sim

Quote from: Takama on June 11, 2023, 02:53:37 PMAM i the only one Who hopes that After the tyrannosaurs

They finally get to Dromeosaurs?

In the same succesen?    cause im tired of waiting
I would LOVE that to happen!

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Sim on June 12, 2023, 04:51:56 PM
Quote from: Takama on June 11, 2023, 02:53:37 PMAM i the only one Who hopes that After the tyrannosaurs

They finally get to Dromeosaurs?

In the same succesen?    cause im tired of waiting
I would LOVE that to happen!

one day well have pnso dromeausaurs ( prob utahraptor as it can be made 1:35)

JohannesB

Well, I got myself Cameron the Tyrannosaurus. I love the sheer bulk of this model, and also the finer skin detail. But I will not be as happy with it as I was when I got the latest Wilson (I still find it wonderful, even if it has its flaws), but Cameron will fit better with PNSO's Triceratops because of its finer skin detail. Although indeed the skin on "Winter Wilson" adds a nice point of visual and tactile interest. The paint app on Cameron (mainly teeth, and possibly eyes) does seem to be less fine than on my "Winter Wilson", which has an impeccable application of paint detail. I'll probably touch up some of the details, mainly the teeth.

Edit: ZHAO Chuang makes a somewhat convincing case for Tyrannosaurus without lips (if your ignore much of the evidence to the contrary, I guess.) About the notion floating around here on the DTB about PNSO trying to make a lipped Tyrannosaurus but ultimately not doing so, from what I gather, they only seem to give a scientific reason - and no technological/model making reason - why they did. I have only seen the PNSO.Official Youtube video on Cameron ("The Story of Building the 1:35 Scientific Art Model of Cameron the Tyrannosaurus rex") and it only mentions that "when restoring it we tried to make it with lips, but there was no convincingly reasonable biological explanation yet [...]". I can hardly imagine PNSO not able to make a figure with a movable jaw and lips.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: