News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 11, 2023, 08:50:15 PM
Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on June 11, 2023, 08:44:49 PMThe Das is looking a bit leaner than it might be. It was a very muscular and well built for tackling large ceratopsians. But the oldest tyrannosaur Lythronax is looking a bit healthier than it.
Yes, especially D.torosus, i heard it was the ancestor of Tyrannosaurines via anagenesis and thus was extremely robust compared to  albertosaurines.
Unfortunately, this Daspletosaurus is representing D. wilsoni, not D. torosus. This species is more so built like an albertosaurine. Kind of glad actually since we've already gotten the Tarbosaurus and Zhuchengtyrannus who are rather robust over these thinner species being shown so far.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on June 12, 2023, 12:36:24 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 11, 2023, 08:50:15 PM
Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on June 11, 2023, 08:44:49 PMThe Das is looking a bit leaner than it might be. It was a very muscular and well built for tackling large ceratopsians. But the oldest tyrannosaur Lythronax is looking a bit healthier than it.
Yes, especially D.torosus, i heard it was the ancestor of Tyrannosaurines via anagenesis and thus was extremely robust compared to  albertosaurines.
Unfortunately, this Daspletosaurus is representing D. wilsoni, not D. torosus. This species is more so built like an albertosaurine. Kind of glad actually since we've already gotten the Tarbosaurus and Zhuchengtyrannus who are rather robust over these thinner species being shown so far.
Not really unfortunate though. I mean I have no interest in buying any of PNSO figures as of recent, save the Mapusaurus, but all these figures are cool

SidB

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 11, 2023, 04:57:37 PMLooking at the profile view on this group of photos, this PNSO reminds me a bit of the CollectA version.  PNSO doesn't normally model theropods with their heads looking up like this.

There is somewhat of a resemblance. I sure hope that it will be in their more economical range (the other tyrannosaurids too).

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Leyster on June 11, 2023, 03:02:56 PMavatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus if 1:35 scale is so important for you, I'm afraid no one of the PNSOs I measured is 1:35. Most theropods are 1:32, with a few closer to 1:20 or 1:25.

Also, Cungkingosaurus is smaller than Kentrosaurus (and PNSO Chungkingosaurus is not 1:35, it's around 1:20)

Thanks for this! To elaborate, I'm alright with them being slightly off (1:34, 1:36, etc), to allow for some wiggle room for individuals with different measurements. As long as it's not egregious I'm fine. For eg, I'm currently quite happy with Winter Wilson, Thabo and Biber and Rook all standing together with my 1:35 human.

I also reference DinosDragons' and Dino Scream Reviews' scale measurements as second and third opinions, to double check against mine.

Thanks also for the Chungkingosaurus measurement. A 1:35 Kentrosaurus should then be about 12cm long (450m ÷ 35). We'll just have to wait and see!

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Sim on June 11, 2023, 10:33:18 PM
Quote from: Joel1905 on June 10, 2023, 09:43:22 PM
Quote from: Bread on June 10, 2023, 08:50:17 PMI noticed that we're finally getting Tyrannosaurs to pair up with the Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Centrosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, etc.

Shame that Edmontosaurus hasn't gotten a model yet by PNSO, would go great with the new Tyrannosaurus. I shouldn't say this but I'd be happy to pay ~$60 just for a huge 1/35 scale bull Edmontosaurus :P

I have a feeling that over the next 12 months, PNSO will redo Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Parasaurolophus next to keep in line with one, their improved skin texturing, and two, the beefier look that we know Hadrosaurs had. Their Tsintaosaurus is way more up to date in that regard and sticks out amongst their older Hadrosaurs. Also the Corythosaurus and Parasaurolophus definitely need to be smaller to appease the 1:35 purists amongst us! (Me included)
As avatar_SRF @SRF mentioned, PNSO's older hadrosaurids already have the finer scales that have become standard for PNSO figures.  I find it hard to imagine new PNSO versions of Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus and Parasaurolophus as there is so little to change that I'm not sure there would be enough people wanting to buy them.  Personally I would be interested in a Parasaurolophus walkeri without back damage, a Sinoceratops without the weird double-pronged horns and a Carnotaurus with accurate integument.  But I don't think PNSO will do them anytime soon.

As far as Pachyrhinosaurus for now, look no further - Haolonggood has arrived~

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: quiversaurus on June 12, 2023, 02:28:50 AM
Quote from: Leyster on June 11, 2023, 03:02:56 PMavatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus if 1:35 scale is so important for you, I'm afraid no one of the PNSOs I measured is 1:35. Most theropods are 1:32, with a few closer to 1:20 or 1:25.

Also, Cungkingosaurus is smaller than Kentrosaurus (and PNSO Chungkingosaurus is not 1:35, it's around 1:20)
[/

Thanks for this! To elaborate, I'm alright with them being slightly off (1:34, 1:36, etc), to allow for some wiggle room for individuals with different measurements. As long as it's not egregious I'm fine. For eg, I'm currently quite happy with Winter Wilson, Thabo and Biber and Rook all standing together with my 1:35 human.

I also reference DinosDragons' and Dino Scream Reviews' scale measurements as second and third opinions, to double check against mine.

Thanks also for the Chungkingosaurus measurement. A 1:35 Kentrosaurus should then be about 12cm long (450m ÷ 35). We'll just have to wait and see!

i feel like being this strict about measurements can ironicly go against both scientific accuracy and the hobby by dismissing figures based on sizes.

first how accurate the measurement is depends on the amount of fossiles we have, how fragmentary those are. so for t rex an estimate is easy, but take another apex predator like charcharodontosaurus, we dont know how big it could be exactly, so both pnsos 31 cm and haolonggoods 36 cm are accurate since the estimate is 11-13 m . we can also be megaoff with the sized like with spinosaurus or dunkleosteus, and even then nothing is 100 percent proven.

these arent model trains where we can measure every ich accurately, next week a fully articulated giganotosaurus could be found and reveal it was a 15m long beast, or a 7 m long weird theropod with a big head. see dunkleosteus

putting that aside animals also play with genetic lottery, animals even with lower variety vary up to 50 percent , some way more like rats vary between mouse sized to freaking cat sized, yet its still the same species of rat. fossils make up less than 0.1 percent of the actual animals in life, theres basicly no doubt that rexes wayyy bigger or wayyy smaller than sue existed for example, since they live for 25-30 year over millions of generations.

as someone who loves and works with animals it just baffles me that we treat these animals like model trains,measuring inches for a scale, when we know way less than we sometimes think.

Thialfi

"Albertosaurus"

No idea if this is real or representative of the final model - just saw it on Facebook.

edit: added in another picture, definitely seems to be real

Concavenator

Quote from: Jose S.M. on June 11, 2023, 05:31:58 PMSo we can expect Albertosaurus, Gorgosaurus, Teratophoneus, Bistahieversor or maybe even Nanuqsaurus in this coming days hehe.

You might be right?  :o

Well, the other figure from that pic must be the Gorgosaurus, then. I thought this one was going to be the Gorgosaurus, I have trouble telling these taxa 2 apart.

Edit: Another pic of the Albertosaurus:

Medzo

If valid, the color scheme is still total lackluster. I'm very happy for Cameron, but quite disappointed with these ones. The Carcharodontosauridae releases were much better in this aspect.

SRF

I purchased Cameron this morning and I got quite a discount on him. I paid 66 euro for him, this includes the VAT for importing goods from outside of Europe. For those who consider purchasing him, now is definitely a good time.
But today, I'm just being father

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Thialfi on June 12, 2023, 10:18:40 AM

"Albertosaurus"

No idea if this is real or representative of the final model - just saw it on Facebook.

Wow he looks magnificent, aside from the patterning/paint job... What a beast, and what rapid-fire releases.

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: Thialfi on June 12, 2023, 10:18:40 AM

"Albertosaurus"

Looking at the sculpt, it feels like the weakest of the streak so far in my opinion. It may be because its the third we're seeing in a row, but it doesn't really do enough for me to want to buy it over the Lythronax or Daspletosaurus. I'm sure there are Albertosaurus fans out there who will get a kick out of this but its a skip from me.
* (It's locked.)

Thialfi

It's a great figure in itself but I am honestly having a hard time distinguishing it from their previous tyrannosaurids. I repeat my previous idea that mixing different families will go a long way in keeping people interested and excited.

Concavenator

I like the pose, but that aside I find Safari's to be quite a bit nicer in my opinion (the colors, the presence of lips...). It's also more affordable. Not that I plan on getting an Albertosaurus though, as it's so similar to Gorgosaurus and the latter takes the priority in my book. No need for me to collect such similar animals.

I hope we see the Gorgosaurus soon, and also that it will be blue, as I associate that color with Gorgosaurus, thanks to Dinosaur King and WWD 3D. That said, it's a genus overdue of a quality figure (well, the BotM obviously is, but I mean static figures-wise), so the choice of color might be somewhat secondary.

When it comes to other tyrannosaurids, a Bistahieversor might tempt me, but that's it.

I had a thought... what if after this tyrannosaur streak, PNSO releases a new Yangchuanosaurus for the Museum Line... and that meant the start of a streak of (non-Carcharodontosauridae) allosauroids? As boring as it may result to some, I don't think I'd skip a new Yangchuanosaurus or Asfaltovenator. Or we might see a new Museum Line Spinosaurus and something like a Baryonyx after it?

SRF

The Daspletosaurus and Lythronax are both already available in PNSO's AliExpress store. Not at a discount though.
But today, I'm just being father

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: SRF on June 12, 2023, 11:53:23 AMThe Daspletosaurus and Lythronax are both already available in PNSO's AliExpress store. Not at a discount though.

thx for the heads up, i dont expect them to go on sale till next time ( july maybe?)

ceratopsian

That would be too much to expect on models that have been released over the last couple of days I think!

Quote from: SRF on June 12, 2023, 11:53:23 AMThe Daspletosaurus and Lythronax are both already available in PNSO's AliExpress store. Not at a discount though.

Flaffy

Guess I was right, the bottom leaked prototype is indeed Albertosaurus. Love the sculpt, the gracile build contrasts nicely with the bulky powerhouse of Tyrannosaurus.

Disappointed by the choice of colours and patterns though, very tired of the tan + brown stripes combo. PNSO used this for how many of their theropods now?

TheImmortalEye

I hope gorgosaurus wont be brown , a dark green would be welcome ( gorgons - venom- green )

bmathison1972

Wow another tyrannosauroid so quick! That didn't take long.
This is a genus I would like to have so maybe I'll consider this one. Hmmm....

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: