News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Dusty Wren on June 10, 2023, 03:51:02 AMI remember shipping from Minizoo to the US being pretty steep, but I just double-checked for the rhino and it's just over $10. That's not bad at all for the distance. I think the last time I checked shipping it was for a couple of larger figures (chiefly the CollectA Ruyangosaurus), and that might have driven the cost up.

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS, where do you normally buy Mojo figures in the States? Happy Hen does stock some of them, but like I said, they're a little slow to get the new releases. If there's somewhere else to get the new figures I'd love to know about it.
I buy Mojo and other stuff from minizoo, mostly clearance stuff.  They have some really nice sales sometimes, right now you can get the BotM grey T-rex shipped to the US for like $52 bucks.  Unfortunately I don't think the mammoth or the rhino will be on clearance anytime soon, they seem to sell out quickly on these guys.  They sold out twice on the mammoth before I finally got one, right now they are down to 2 mammoths being in stock.  They had like 35 just like 4-5 months ago.  If they've marked them down at some point I must've missed the sale even though I get their newsletter.  One time they had a crazy Rebor sale and I got a bunch of Rebor stuff really cheap.  I'm certain I bought the Mojo Smilodon from Happy Hen.  If they had stocked these I would've done business with them instead, but minizoo seems to be the only game in town.  Neither Dan's or DeJankins carry these for some reason.

SidB

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 10, 2023, 04:01:58 AM
Quote from: SidB on June 10, 2023, 03:45:50 AM
Quote from: SidB on June 09, 2023, 11:21:25 PMThanks,@CARN0TAURUS.  When I get home tonight, I'll dig it up and send you a picture of the duo together , unless someone beats me to the punch.
avatar_Carnotaurus @Carnotaurus, here's the images for you and anyone interested in comparing Mojo's last two years Cenozoic mammal offerings:

S @SidB
Thanks!  That's a diorama waiting to happen, they look splendid next to each other.  I noticed that they detailed paintwork for the rhino more than the mammoth.  The rhino appears to have a lot more dry brushing from factory to highlight the sculpted hair.
I was thinking the same myself, diorama-wise. Too bad, though, that the smilodon doesn't scale with the other two, or that there isn't an appropriate wolf.

SidB

Well, another rhino popped in today, and it's a bit of a swing and a miss. I thought that I was getting a Geoworld Coelodonta, but got this no-name instead:

Obviously a hollow cheapie - anyone know its source? I have a muskoxen or two that have the same style of fabrication, these may have a common origin. Still, I plan to keep it, it's a Wooly Rhino to add to the collection. I'll keep on the lookout for the Geoworld.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SidB on June 10, 2023, 05:35:08 AMWell, another rhino popped in today, and it's a bit of a swing and a miss. I thought that I was getting a Geoworld Coelodonta, but got this no-name instead:

Obviously a hollow cheapie - anyone know its source? I have a muskoxen or two that have the same style of fabrication, these may have a common origin. Still, I plan to keep it, it's a Wooly Rhino to add to the collection. I'll keep on the lookout for the Geoworld.
S @SidB
Well that's a bummer.  Hopefully you'll find the one you want soon.  Have you tried DeJankins?  He had some geoworld stuff, but I don't know if he still does.

SidB

Yes, avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS , I checked out his website. He no longer has any of the Geoworld mammals, not for quite a while now. I'll occupy the time till something comes up. Thanks for the suggestion, BTW.

Flaffy

S @SidB It's hard to tell from the pics, but does the Mojo Woolly Rhino have the signature banded horns of Coelodonta? A feature beautifully rendered on Safari ltd's version.

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on June 11, 2023, 02:28:37 AMS @SidB It's hard to tell from the pics, but does the Mojo Woolly Rhino have the signature banded horns of Coelodonta? A feature beautifully rendered on Safari ltd's version.
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy , here's a closer shot -

need4swede

I'm a happy camper! I heard Nanmu's having a crack at this paint scheme. Excited to see how it'll turn out

- Swede

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on June 11, 2023, 12:40:59 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on June 11, 2023, 02:28:37 AMS @SidB It's hard to tell from the pics, but does the Mojo Woolly Rhino have the signature banded horns of Coelodonta? A feature beautifully rendered on Safari ltd's version.
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy , here's a closer shot -

Thanks for the close up pic! Glad that the Mojo version also captures this unique feature too :))

Bread

Haul from Martin Garratt

Forgot to put the Struthiomimus in the group shot  :'(

For anyone interested, the repaints include:
Eofauna Atlasaurus
Eofauna Triceratops
CollectA Struthiomimus
CollectA Regaliceratops
CollectA Brighstoneus
Wild Past Protoceratops

Will give each model a segment of its own on my collection page  :))

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Bread on June 14, 2023, 07:06:18 PMHaul from Martin Garratt

Forgot to put the Struthiomimus in the group shot  :'(

For anyone interested, the repaints include:
Eofauna Atlasaurus
Eofauna Triceratops
CollectA Struthiomimus
CollectA Regaliceratops
CollectA Brighstoneus
Wild Past Protoceratops

Will give each model a segment of its own on my collection page  :))

Beautiful repaints! The Altasaurus almost looks like it's cracking a smile, I guess he's happy he got new paint ;)

The biggest improvement from factory paint is probably the Triceratops, wow what a difference.

ceratopsian

All very appealing. Really like the Struthiomimus.

postsaurischian

:)  I especially like Triceratops & Atlasaurus.

SidB

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 14, 2023, 11:14:55 PM:)  I especially like Triceratops & Atlasaurus.
The repaint really brings out the hidden detail in the trike sculpt.

Libraraptor

Cool and credible repaints!

Duna

Wow, I love all those repaints ... but the triceratops is amazing!!

Faelrin

Peeked in Target while waiting for my families dinner in the restaurant across the street to be made, and picked up. Much to my surprise the JP 30th stuff was on sale, and thankfully after coming prepared with bringing all three of my cards on me earlier to renew my ID prior (in case it was more then just the $30 something), I had just enough on hand to get two of the sets. They also had only one of the Track & Explore Vehicle sets, so that was a lucky find I suppose.

Bonus pic with the original Mattel and Safari Ltd Scutosaurus. If only I had the og Kenner one too. In any case it's nice to have another option of this animal on the market that's a bit more readily available then the previous one (and then there's the upcoming Wild Past one too).

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

A big arrival via Canada Post on Wednesday, my expected Apatosaurus from Haolonggood via My Online Toy Store. Wow, it didn't disappoint - a magnificent figure. Below, I've placed it on its new perch on the face of my living room's big planter box where the intense sun cannot touch it and fade the colors. What a beauty! And the level of detailed texturing is such an excellent contrast to its real heftiness:

I thought that it might bear some comparisons with a few of the Apatosaurs already part of my collections, some (the Schleichs) stored away:

With the classic Safari Carnegie from days past

With the somewhat later Wild Safari pieces

Now with the big Schleich Apatosaurus in all its grayness, a more typical paint application for large sauropods

Placed besides the Schleich's smaller successor, with its bolder color scheme

Finally, with the Papo subadult Apato. I will probably leave this one on display with my bookshelf collections for the time being before retiring it to storage, since it is both the classic gray and a subadult

Roselaar

Not a dinosaur toy, sprictly speaking, but close enough I feel. I finally got my hands on the SDCC exclusive Dennis Nedry Barbasol can set and I adore it!:

Faelrin

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar Lucky find for sure. Can't imagine how much that set you back. I remember being so lucky to get it from Entertainment Earth which sold out fast. Ditto with snagging one on Mattel Creations for my friend in Guatemala which sold out in an even faster time.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: