News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs in Music

Started by Neosodon, March 07, 2017, 04:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I think I've mentioned most of these here before, but just in case any have slipped through the cracks, here's a post at Dino Dad Reviews collecting some of my favorite miscellaneous prehistoric themed music.

https://dinodadreviews.com/2020/06/19/dino-dads-primeval-playlists-musical-miscellany/

irimali

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on June 29, 2020, 06:10:58 AM
I think I've mentioned most of these here before, but just in case any have slipped through the cracks, here's a post at Dino Dad Reviews collecting some of my favorite miscellaneous prehistoric themed music.

https://dinodadreviews.com/2020/06/19/dino-dads-primeval-playlists-musical-miscellany/

So my friend's dad is a big Johnny Cash fan.  He was surprised to learn from me, after I learned from your blog, that Johnny made a children's album.   :)

Stegotyranno420

H @HD-man EVen though i dont like profanity and disgusting things, the second song(Im a ********* T rex) is far better

HD-man

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Many thanks for answering my question!
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: HD-man on February 23, 2021, 06:57:57 AM
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Many thanks for answering my question!
Many thanks for replying, it feels so great to talk to someone

brontosauruschuck

I came across this on facebook today.

Gwangi

I subscribe to the Dungeon Synth Archives on YouTube and this just dropped. I haven't listened to it all yet but what I've sampled sounds great... if you're into synth. I think I'll be listening to this often while writing reviews.

Nanuqsaurus

Now I understand that this topic is mostly about the extinct kind of dinosaurs in music, but if you consider that birds are dinosaurs, then that expands the amount of dinosaur-related songs by a whole lot! I have made a playlist on Spotify with over 100 songs that reference birds in some way, for 7:30 hours of avian musical enjoyment  :D  Link to playlist

postsaurischian

:o  They didn't list "Birds" by Adrian Belew! The list is useless ;D .

Thialfi

Quote from: Gwangi on May 12, 2023, 02:09:48 PMI subscribe to the Dungeon Synth Archives on YouTube and this just dropped. I haven't listened to it all yet but what I've sampled sounds great... if you're into synth. I think I'll be listening to this often while writing reviews.

What a pleasant surprise to come across someone else who is into (dungeon) synth! I hadn't come across this one yet, I really like what I am hearing so far though, thanks for sharing!

Another good dinosaur-inspired synth act is Diplodocus: https://diplodocus.bandcamp.com/

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 22, 2023, 10:02:55 PM:o  They didn't list "Birds" by Adrian Belew! The list is useless ;D .

Suggestions are always welcome!  :)) Added it, along with another relevant Adrian Belew song, to the list!

Libraraptor

Gwangi

Quote from: Thialfi on June 23, 2023, 02:35:45 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 12, 2023, 02:09:48 PMI subscribe to the Dungeon Synth Archives on YouTube and this just dropped. I haven't listened to it all yet but what I've sampled sounds great... if you're into synth. I think I'll be listening to this often while writing reviews.

What a pleasant surprise to come across someone else who is into (dungeon) synth! I hadn't come across this one yet, I really like what I am hearing so far though, thanks for sharing!

Another good dinosaur-inspired synth act is Diplodocus: https://diplodocus.bandcamp.com/

I've only recently gotten into dungeon synth but I'm a long time fan of synth in general, thanks to a lifetime spent watching John Carpenter movies.

There are now other dino/paleo inspired albums on the Dungeon Synth channel but I think I like the one I posted best. I am familiar with Diplodocus but thanks for sharing it avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on June 23, 2023, 08:05:25 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on June 22, 2023, 10:02:55 PM:o  They didn't list "Birds" by Adrian Belew! The list is useless ;D .

Suggestions are always welcome!  :)) Added it, along with another relevant Adrian Belew song, to the list!

:D  Ah! That's better ;D . Adam Warlock (also known as "Him") also says thank you!

Thialfi

Here is another one for the more metal inclined people, black metal to be exact: Precambrian. A Ukrainian black metal outfit playing some dark, heavy and atmospheric tones inspired by, well, the Precambrian, nature, geology, etc.

This is one of their more recent albums, Tectonics:

This stuff is totally up my alley but I can see how it's a bit of an acquired taste. Worth a spin though!

Primeval12

Takama

Smilodon P.

It's not about dinosaurs, but a song about mammoths and extinction by the Siberian band Otyken:

(I still prefer their more danceable collab with Ummet Ozcan on the song "Altay", but this is good for people who like more introspective music)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: