News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Does anybody recognise this crown or jester hat logo on the tummy of a dinosaur?

Halichoeres

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum Imperial has had several different crown-like logos over the years, this could be one of those. If not, may Cunningham's Law come to the rescue!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Duna

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 28, 2023, 12:00:23 PMavatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum Imperial has had several different crown-like logos over the years, this could be one of those. If not, may Cunningham's Law come to the rescue!
Yes, I'd say Imperial, too. By the way, those squared scutes are very typical from them.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Duna on June 28, 2023, 06:35:10 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on June 28, 2023, 12:00:23 PMavatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum Imperial has had several different crown-like logos over the years, this could be one of those. If not, may Cunningham's Law come to the rescue!
Yes, I'd say Imperial, too. By the way, those squared scutes are very typical from them.

Thanks both. Imperial seems likely then.

DinoToyForum

Does anyone recognise the plesiosaur in this set? I presume it is a set, but it may not be!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyForum on June 29, 2023, 01:54:21 PMDoes anyone recognise the plesiosaur in this set? I presume it is a set, but it may not be!

Maybe it's a Nessie? I recognize some of the others.

DinoToyForum

Maybe, but from what company?

BlueKrono

It's definitely a Nessie. I'm trying to nail down which set it came from. I'm almost certain it's Japanese. I don't think it's UHA, but one of those cryptid sets.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 29, 2023, 04:04:13 PMIt's definitely a Nessie. I'm trying to nail down which set it came from. I'm almost certain it's Japanese. I don't think it's UHA, but one of those cryptid sets.

If you don't have it, but want to add it to your plesiosaur collection, it's on Ebay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/354877251620. I was going to buy it myself until I saw it was in the USA – shipping from there to the UK is astronomical and there are usually hidden customs fees.

BlueKrono

Quote from: DinoToyForum on June 29, 2023, 11:31:55 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on June 29, 2023, 04:04:13 PMIt's definitely a Nessie. I'm trying to nail down which set it came from. I'm almost certain it's Japanese. I don't think it's UHA, but one of those cryptid sets.

If you don't have it, but want to add it to your plesiosaur collection, it's on Ebay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/354877251620. I was going to buy it myself until I saw it was in the USA – shipping from there to the UK is astronomical and there are usually hidden customs fees.

Thanks, but I've had it for years. Perhaps someone else would be interested. It's quite reasonably priced for some American.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Skorpio V.

Less so of an ID request and more of a, "what has greater value?"

I found these Jurassic Park III Hasbro toys in a listing along with a Battat rex and some Carnegies. They have individual prices, and I have no personal preferences for each figure, so if I get around to buying some of them I'm not quite sure if any have greater value over the others, especially the smaller, non-Re-Ak At-Ak figures.

On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Libraraptor

Well, to me especially the Battat T. Rex stands out. I have seen sellers on ebay selling it for around 50 bucks. The Carnegie T. Rex I have seen offered for around 15 bucks, same for the Allosaurus. Don't know anything about the JP stuff, but the rest is mostly UKRD and Chap Mei which after my experience usually is not worth much at all.

Duna

avatar_Skorpio V. @Skorpio V. Some Chap Mei are worthy but these are most common and small. The stegosaurus is UKRD Museum line (blue nails version), about 4-8$. There's also a grey "t-rex" that is the AAA Allosaurus, about 8-12$ in good condition.

Skorpio V.

What's this small, grey pachycephalosaur mini? No labeling on it whatsoever.

On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Halichoeres

I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like a generic hadrosaur toy sold in dollar store bags or tubes.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

crazy8wizard

I posted about this little critter in the plush dinosaurs thread yesterday but now I want to learn more about it. All I know for sure is that its tag is branded as being for Animal Planet. I've found a couple listings online, two of which call it a Velociraptor despite very clearly not being a velociraptor.
My guess is that it's a Coelophysis or a basal ornithopod but what do you all think?

Spoiler

[close]

Blackdanter

Can anyone identify what collection this originates from? It came in a job lot of 1950's German premiums (mainly Wagner) but doesn't appear to belong to the Wagner/Shreddies set. Probably a 1950's German margarine premium, any ides on which product it was issued with and when? It's marked with "Flugsaurier - 9m Spanne - Lebte vor etwa - 60 Millio. Jahre". No makers mark.

Fossilized-Rubber

avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter I recognise this from a post of "thins" on the dinotoyblog. From what I remember it was labelled as shreddies. You're right about it not being from the initial run of shreddies, but it certainly looks similar.

http://cerealoffers.com/Cereal_Partners/Shreddies/1950s/1/1.html

https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3793/shreddies-flat-dinosaurs-60s

They're also sometimes listed as Nabisco / Lipton Ice Tea premiums.

I hope this helps. Standard "not an expert disclaimer".
Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

Fossilized-Rubber

I got these recently in an ebay bulk buy. They're 3cm (1") high/long (very small). I'm not certain they're all from the same toy line but they look similar to each other. I love these and really want to see if there are more.

Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Fossilized-Rubber on September 04, 2023, 02:21:39 PM
I can tell you for certain that these are knockoff sculpts of the safari ltd baby dinosaurs. Unfortunately I don't know who the sculptor is because while they are based on the safari figures, they're considerably smaller than even the Toob models (I own the Parasaurolophus and it is absolutely miniscule) and the sculpts are ever so slightly unique. I do however know that these were distributed for gumball machines and came in little capsules.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: