News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Your favorite Sauropod

Started by Diplo, August 03, 2023, 10:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diplo

Hello guys, greetings to all, I am a lover of sauropods and I would like to know which one is your favorite  ^-^

Stegotyranno420

The biggest one.
Generally diplodocids too, but many of them are contenders despite the lighteright nameshake

marisaura

Skorpio V.

Ever since the unfortunately named Isisaurus made an appearance in its own Dinosaur King episode, its thick neck had me hooked! Would love for any company to try its hand at thaat.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Bread

Dreadnougthus or Alamosaurus.

I blame Prehistoric Planet's influence.

TheCambrianCrusader

Definitely Patagotitan, getting to see the amnh mount always fills me with so much awe. Barosaurus is high up for similar reasons.
Brontosaurus is another high one, its just so chunky and it being valid again is so sweet.

Jose S.M.

I kind of like small sauropods more, so Europasaurus or Amargasaurus.

Over9K

I'm rather enamored with Ruyangosaurus at the moment, mostly due to the super-awesome CollectA figure I just got... such a bargain at $25!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Diplodocus had the Tyco DR one when i was a kid and loved it. Also Brachiosaurus with the big playskool ultrasaurus and Carnegie collection one.

BlueKrono

Hi avatar_Diplo @Diplo! My favorite sauropod is definitely Brachytrachelopan.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Stegotyranno420

Too bad its not on amazon yet. Would go great with the PNSO Lingwulong and HLG Apatosaurus

thomasw100

My favorite is Apatosaurus right now. I also like Camarasaurus very much. And then Europasaurus. But they are all great.

Gwangi

Camarasaurus, thanks to specimens like this and it's incredibly weird looking skull. I like burly bulky sauropods and Camarasaurus fits that description.

Dyscrasia

While it's hard to name a favorite sauropod,
I am particularly fond of some of the wackier ones such as Bajadasaurus, the aforementioned Brachytrachelopan, Nigersaurus etc.

Chasmosaurus

I realy like Turiasaurus and ampelosaurus.
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

Jose S.M.

Quote from: BlueKrono on August 04, 2023, 04:48:17 AMHi avatar_Diplo @Diplo! My favorite sauropod is definitely Brachytrachelopan.

Oh this is a good one! I would love a figure of it.

ceratopsian

I tend to have favourite models of sauropods rather than favourite sauropods.  But I have a soft spot for Shunosaurus.

Concavenator

Amargasaurus. But Diplodocus and Apatosaurus are also up there (yeah, diplodocoids are my favorite ones). Also, Shunosaurus.

Perotorum

Personally, I prefer late cretaceous North American Titanosaurs, such as alamosaurus, and a titan issue indent from the Milk River Formation that gives credence to the Asia to North America theory to how the Saudi pod hiatus ended as that indent predates Alamosaurus and is closely related but much farther north, and I just enjoy campanian North American genera in general.

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: Gwangi on August 04, 2023, 12:44:47 PMCamarasaurus, thanks to specimens like this and it's incredibly weird looking skull. I like burly bulky sauropods and Camarasaurus fits that description.

Oh man Camarasaurus is another one I absolutely adore, almost exclusively because of how gorgeous that fossil is.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: