News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosauria Creatures - 3D printed products

Started by Bread, May 18, 2023, 02:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bread on May 22, 2023, 06:28:43 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 22, 2023, 05:55:18 PMI don't have Instagram, any other way to get in touch/see their full range of offerings?
Here is store link:
https://dinosauriacreatures.com/en-us/products/parasaurolophus?variant=44265247637772

Should have added that originally! Sorry!

Thanks, Bread! It turns out I'd already bought one of the STLs (Ceratodus, naturally) from the Dino & Dog shop on My Mini Factory. I just need to print it!

Quote from: Justin_ on May 23, 2023, 08:59:28 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 22, 2023, 05:55:18 PMI don't have Instagram, any other way to get in touch/see their full range of offerings?
You can view individual pictures on Instagram without an account by right-clicking on them and opening them in a new browser tab. Alternatively there are sites for anonymously viewing it like imginn: 
https://imginn.com/dinosauriacreatures/

Thanks for the tips!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Built up and painted by Dinosaur_models_artworks on instagram.

I had a commission for these, but they won't be in my hands since another project through him is in construction right now.

3D printed models just keep swaying my push for them more so than actual mass produced figures at the same price. Is this a bad thing?

ceratopsian

No avatar_Bread @Bread, it's absolutely not a bad thing!  I think also the longer you've been in the hobby, the harder it is find exactly what you want among mass-produced figures.  And buying 3D printed models gives money to both the creator of the file and also to the artist you commissioned to paint it - definitely good to support such people.

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 12, 2023, 03:35:30 PMNo avatar_Bread @Bread, it's absolutely not a bad thing!  I think also the longer you've been in the hobby, the harder it is find exactly what you want among mass-produced figures.  And buying 3D printed models gives money to both the creature of the file and also to the artist you commissioned to paint it - definitely good to support such people.
Haha, thank you for the clarification.

More so, my idea was that other companies that we love and enjoy obscure species from will not get the love and attention as some of us are now going to 3D printed models. I've noticed the growth and desire for these to increase lately. Hopefully companies like CollectA, Safari, and Haolonggood don't have to face 3D printing as too big of a competitor. Maybe I am just thinking too far out for this market.

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on July 12, 2023, 03:13:50 PMBuilt up and painted by Dinosaur_models_artworks on instagram.

I had a commission for these, but they won't be in my hands since another project through him is in construction right now.

3D printed models just keep swaying my push for them more so than actual mass produced figures at the same price. Is this a bad thing?

Very nice paint work and lovely models. I have seen that Dinosauria Creatures does also offer painted versions of some of their models. That would suggest that this option includes buildup and painting. Do you have experience with having the painting and buildup directly handled by Dinosauria Creatures? This would of course be the easiest option, because everything would be taken care of by them and one would the receive the final completed model.

On another note, what material are these models made of? Is this brittle / fragile like some classical resin models? I am thinking of the kind of issues of the Nanmu Brachiosaurus special edition, which apparently was quite fragile.

Bread

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 12, 2023, 04:00:55 PMVery nice paint work and lovely models. I have seen that Dinosauria Creatures does also offer painted versions of some of their models. That would suggest that this option includes buildup and painting. Do you have experience with having the painting and buildup directly handled by Dinosauria Creatures? This would of course be the easiest option, because everything would be taken care of by them and one would the receive the final completed model.

On another note, what material are these models made of? Is this brittle / fragile like some classical resin models? I am thinking of the kind of issues of the Nanmu Brachiosaurus special edition, which apparently was quite fragile.
Thank you!

Actually funny enough, I had Dinocomissions over on instagram paint up the Dinosauria Creatures models originally. See images below.

Now, due to my commissions through Dinocomissions, he now builds + paints up Dinosauria Creatures' 3D Printed models. They're located in Spain and live close to each other, which makes it extremely easy and cheap for them to exchange models for build+paint ups.

As far as I know, Dinosauria Creatures does not paint them up. It is all dinocomissions found on instagram.

They're both really easy to work with. Dinocomissions will provide paint scheme ideas, but in the end it is relatively your choice. Me personally, I prefer the artist to really choose since they know their style.

Note that all of this printing/build up/and paint up is done in Spain between the two. Then they're shipped straight to you. They do advise the $30 shipping as it includes tracking and is faster compared to the relatively cheap $10. I find this more worth it plus a higher guaranteed of package safety and transportation.

This can be discussed through dinocomissions or dinosauria creatures through instagram. If you have an issue through that media, let me know and I could contact them for you if needed. Email would probably also work for Dinosauria Creatures.

Just a side note, dinosaur_models_artworks does do build ups for these models. The Allosaurus and Polocanthus posted in my previous post were printed and shipped to him by communicating through instagram. But he is not the main build up + painter. He works privately on his own by the customer ordering models and having them shipped to him.

If there are anymore questions just let know about build up + paint ups.  ;)

To discuss the quality and fragility, these are 3D printed models. They're hollow for the most part and should be considered fragile. I have this order from dinosaur_models_artworks and another order from dinocomissions shipping soon so I'll provide feedback as soon as received to let otherd know how they shipped and if any breakage happened.

My first shipment from dinocomissions went certainly well. Took about a week to ship and all models were unbroken due to the quality of the package and protection provided.

Bread

Been seeing Dinosauria Creatures prints being mentioned quite often now.

I just want to share this new catalog and update of their printed products. Including more dioramas and individual species.

Their Edmontosaurus has me tempted but I am holding out hope for Haolonggood's rumors to be releasing one.

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on August 04, 2023, 04:50:39 PMBeen seeing Dinosauria Creatures prints being mentioned quite often now.

I just want to share this new catalog and update of their printed products. Including more dioramas and individual species.

Their Edmontosaurus has me tempted but I am holding out hope for Haolonggood's rumors to be releasing one.

Indeed they are growing their catalogue by the day. So many amazing models to choose from. I have placed my first order for 3 models now.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.