You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Models modified by Artists! From various social media platforms…

Started by Bread, July 16, 2023, 01:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on August 07, 2023, 07:14:25 PM
Quote from: Bread on August 07, 2023, 03:56:42 PMGex_pdroche on instagram seems to never stop working either ;D

Indeed. Dude is Prolific, and his paints are insane. No two of his works are the same.
Agreed. I also wondered if artist like him do this as a full time job now.

Quote from: Over9K on August 07, 2023, 07:11:11 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on August 05, 2023, 06:23:34 AMI've been waiting for my Tlatolophus since April 15. Stuck in Mexican customs. It's August now. 😞

Man, I can't imagine. At two weeks I was pulling my hair out!
Luckily, from what I've seen, the finished models shipping to their new home ship faster than when they first go to the artist.

I suggest anyone having an order done through any artist should ship them back through UPS. Even if it is more expensive, it is faster.

Ordered my haul of PNSO's, to be customized by dinosaur_models_artworks, through Aliexpress. They took over 3 weeks to arrive, plus at one point the tracking stopped for about a week. Well, half of haul is complete and I am having them ship through UPS, dinosaur_models_artworks recommendation, and they expect to arrive in nearly 3 days. Crazy right? But I did pay $80 for shipping  O:-)

Bread

Adding another artist to the thread!

ArtzbyAnz who can be found on instagram and Facebook. Her name being Ansley McDaniel, she offers fully sculpted models which some users have posted here before, but she also offers complete repaints.

PNSO Torosaurus with juvenile:

PNSO Stegosaurus 1.0

I've shared these before, but I wanted to add Ansley to this thread as she does an amazing job. I've discussed the possibility of having her sculpt lips onto a few therapod models. I'll share those of course when complete ;D

Over9K

Seems like so many of the customs I'm seeing are PNSO-based.

What does that say about PNSO? I'm not sure it says anything bad, but it says something...

thomasw100

Quote from: Over9K on August 09, 2023, 07:20:28 PMSeems like so many of the customs I'm seeing are PNSO-based.

What does that say about PNSO? I'm not sure it says anything bad, but it says something...

It can mean two different things. First option would be that people recognize shortcomings in the PNSO models. Second option would be that people consider the quality of the sculpting of PNSO outstanding but have a different taste about the color scheme. Esthetic taste is a highly individual thing where there is no good or bad I would say.

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on August 09, 2023, 07:20:28 PMSeems like so many of the customs I'm seeing are PNSO-based.

Really this depends on the model itself, and the shelf presence it has, for me personally.

For example, the PNSO Deinocheirus is perfect. Yet I am planning on shipping mine out to get a repaint since as it sits I get somewhat bored of it. Then again, some repaints or models I have in general I don't feel this way. Like Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus.

I will say a majority of the repaints I want or have are indeed PNSO models. They have high quality and beautiful sculpts, but their paint application and schemes lack most of the time. I feel the same with Eofauna really too.

PNSO's therapods we all know why those need modifications O:-)

Bread

Just received my PNSO Tyrannosaurus with lips added and a full repaint. Plus my PNSO Lythronax with the same treatment.

All made by dinosaur_models_artworks:

PNSO Tyrannosaurus, colorscheme based on Chuckwalla, a North American lizard.

Comparison with ArtbyAnz's PNSO Torosaurus repaint & Martin Garrett's Eofauna Triceratops:

PNSO Lythronax, colorscheme based on Woma Python, sadly this species of python once common throughout Western Australia is now critically endangered.

Comparison with Haolonggood's Pachyrhinosaurus green variant & CollectA's Regaliceratops repainted by Martin Garrett:

I have a few more coming from dinosaur_models_artworks, then I am finished with acquiring customs until next summer...

*Sudden realization that I still have David Krentz AMNH Tyrannosaurus coming*

SidB

Great work, avatar_Bread @Bread . I really like the Lythronax in particular - almost find its expression endearing. Love the Garretized Eofauna trike too.

Bread

Quote from: SidB on August 11, 2023, 10:30:20 PMGreat work, avatar_Bread @Bread . I really like the Lythronax in particular - almost find its expression endearing. Love the Garretized Eofauna trike too.
Thanks! I am actually most happy about the Lythronax just due to its elegant expression as well. And thank you! Martin's take on this Triceratops is amongst my favorites.

Kei

Beautiful acquisition indeed Bread  :)) Loving the scheme on your Rex & Lythronax

Over9K

I would love to see some more full body images of your Cameron, please. That colorway is incredible!! Can you put it on a darker background, I bet it would really POP!

Bread

avatar_Over9K @Over9K sure thing, but unfortunately no darker/black background. I have some of dinosaur_models_artworks photos and some of my own with comparisons:

Photos below are by dinosaur_models_artworks

My photos below

I'd be shocked too if a Tyrannosaurus was right there.

Over9K

My Cameron has lips! Photos by Bravo Models.

Bread

Fantastic! I see your going with a scarred up Tyrannosaurus judging by the injured lips.

I am curious to your chosen colorscheme or will it just be original PNSO.

Over9K

Quote from: Bread on August 21, 2023, 09:11:57 PMFantastic! I see your going with a scarred up Tyrannosaurus judging by the injured lips.

Yeah, we're depicting a very aged female rex, 30 years old. I stuck with the PNSO, I really like that colorway and paint app, and I wanted the focus to be the modifications, not new paint. My next custom will be full paint, tho.

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on August 22, 2023, 12:36:58 AM
Quote from: Bread on August 21, 2023, 09:11:57 PMFantastic! I see your going with a scarred up Tyrannosaurus judging by the injured lips.

Yeah, we're depicting a very aged female rex, 30 years old. I stuck with the PNSO, I really like that colorway and paint app, and I wanted the focus to be the modifications, not new paint. My next custom will be full paint, tho.

Interesting!

I am eager to see the results of both customs! Please keep us updated!

Speaking of colors...

I am just addicted to base the therapods on extant reptiles now...

These aren't even the ones I am currently having used as a reference O:-)

I like this concept that dinosaur_models_artworks kind of pointed me in the direction to have as I have numerous therapod models he's doing or has done for me to choose coloration from.

Over9K

Her name is Summer, and she's a mean ol' bitch...

Bravo Models has made my vision reality, better than I even imagined her! I cannot recommend his services enough!

Skorpio V.

Quote from: Over9K on August 24, 2023, 07:26:40 PM
Bravo Models has made my vision reality, better than I even imagined her! I cannot recommend his services enough!

INSANE

The detailwork elevates the model so much.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Bread

An awesome piece! Very nicely done and I am glad to see you pleased with your custom.

Bread

dinosaur_models_artworks just repainted his own PNSO Tyrannosaurus again. Man, I am always amazed at his work. Even simple repaints like this resemble what could be an actual once living animal.

Also, here is a repaint of the Zhuchengtyrannus. Notice how well this sculpt pops with an improved paint job.

Bread

Been a bit since I've updated this thread with customs.

Here are a few WIP figures. I had a last minute haul of some, and unfortunately I am breaking my rule of "customs only in summer." Oh well ::)

Meraxes

"Zhuchengtyrannus"

Lambeosaurus

Albertosaurus

Gorgosaurus

I'll of course post finished customs when photographed in hand or from dinosaur_models_artworks IG post.

The Lambeosaurus, Meraxes, and Albertosaurus will probably be amongst the first. Others will probably be a bit longer.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: