News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Better believe I smashed that order button as soon as I got that in-stock alert email. Got the Utahraptor too.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Saarlooswolfhound

Same! I have an estemmenosuchus coming to me also. :D

Halichoeres

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on August 30, 2023, 06:30:53 PMSame! I have an estemmenosuchus coming to me also. :D

I might have ordered multiple to distribute to children in my life...  O:-)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Carnoking

Took advantage of that sale Safari was having a little bit back to pick up the first two 2023 releases.

Utahraptor

Spoiler

Great to see another Safari Dromaeosaur, and what perfect timing as I recently red Bakker's "Raptor Red"

[close]

Majungasuarus

Spoiler

What a marvelous murder sausage.
[close]

Now to wait for the last two new sculpts to come into stock...

Jose S.M.

Those are looking great! I would only have preferred that the legs on the Utahraptor were in a slightly different position from each other. I think that would make the pose a bit more fluid but that's just me, is a great figure.

Saarlooswolfhound

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 01, 2023, 12:50:35 PM
Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on August 30, 2023, 06:30:53 PMSame! I have an estemmenosuchus coming to me also. :D

I might have ordered multiple to distribute to children in my life...  O:-)

I have to do the same with the axolotl.  ;)  Giving the gift of fun and learning I guess!  ;D

Lynx

I'm gonna try and get the Utahraptor this week
An oversized house cat.

mgaguilar

Oh my goodness that Therizinosaurus looks incredible. Striking color scheme and great detailing. Another great work!

Can't wait to pick up the Utahraptor now that it's in stock at a lot of places.

Eatmycar

I don't buy 1/35th but goodness, Safari! Y'all make it so tempting with these releases this year. The Theri is beautiful and the baby Brachio is just... so cute!

Y'all make it hard to remain 1/18 exclusive.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Eatmycar on September 05, 2023, 02:52:46 AMI don't buy 1/35th but goodness, Safari! Y'all make it so tempting with these releases this year. The Theri is beautiful and the baby Brachio is just... so cute!

Y'all make it hard to remain 1/18 exclusive.

The Utahraptor and Estemmenosuchus are only a little smaller than 1/18th! I'd put them both between 1/20 and 1/25.

Saarlooswolfhound

Has your estemmenosuchus come yet Halichoeres? Mine came the day before yesterday. I love him. ;)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on September 08, 2023, 04:47:27 PMHas your estemmenosuchus come yet Halichoeres? Mine came the day before yesterday. I love him. ;)

Yup! Very pleased. :)

Saarlooswolfhound

I got this and the arctic fox in a few days ago. I love them! Photos taken at sunset so the orange is a bit much but... in person it is pretty orange.

Boy what an ugly "mug"!! ;D

SidB

"An ugly mug" - but I'm sure that his mother still loved him, avatar_Saarlooswolfhound @Saarlooswolfhound .

Saarlooswolfhound

She does.  ;D Its my new favorite model.

Joliezac

Halichoeres

Ivántirrophus

Wich Estemmenosuchus do you prefer Collecta or safari?

wich one is more accurate?

Saarlooswolfhound

Ha! Very true Halichoeres!

I don't have the CollectA nor am I am expert for the species... I would say based on discussions here the decision boils down to what size/scale you prefer and what color scheme you like better.

Sim

Everything Dinosaur has posted on Facebook that the Safari 2023 Therizinosaurus is around 16cm tall and around 16cm long.  Is it not being shrunk down from 1:35 scale then?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: