News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Bread on September 13, 2023, 02:09:53 AMI am not fussed about this jaw articulation having a gap when attempting to fully close it.

PNSO's first version of the Yangchuanosaurus and Giganotosaurus had this issue. I don't recall seeing many complain.

Regardless, if anyone is too fussed and wants a permanently closed mouth lips sealed, use super glue.
I'm pretty sure that avatar_Bread @Bread is saying to super glue the figure's mouth, not any DTF member's lips in particular. But correct me if I'm wrong.

Quiversaurus

It's fun for me charting the preferences on this forum:

No lips - boo
Lips present - yay
Mouth doesn't close - boo
Juvenile specimen - meh

The wishlist is massive and I don't envy the sculptors and the companies having to decide what to do heh.

I am also particular with my models though, so definitely not faulting anyone here - totally understand your grievances, and they're useful for bettering my understanding and for pointing out blindspots as well.

As always, looking forward to what's next!

ceratopsian

I personally wouldn't buy a model with interchangeable heads.  I would hate to see the inevitable join where the selected head met the figure.  Yes, I have articulated BotM ceratopsians - but that's quite different, as the entire animal is articulated and has visible joins.  I'd always think that an animal where the head was separate had been beheaded and had it stuck back on.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have two WDragon figures, the new Stan Rex and the retro figures with swappable heads and I really don't see any issues.

ceratopsian

It's of course a matter of personal taste.  Different people "see" differently.  This is merely how I see it.  I'm sure lots of others would see it your way, and there's plenty of choice around.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 13, 2023, 08:55:03 AMI have two WDragon figures, the new Stan Rex and the retro figures with swappable heads and I really don't see any issues.

Bread

Quote from: SidB on September 13, 2023, 03:43:50 AM
Quote from: Bread on September 13, 2023, 02:09:53 AMI am not fussed about this jaw articulation having a gap when attempting to fully close it.

PNSO's first version of the Yangchuanosaurus and Giganotosaurus had this issue. I don't recall seeing many complain.

Regardless, if anyone is too fussed and wants a permanently closed mouth lips sealed, use super glue.
I'm pretty sure that avatar_Bread @Bread is saying to super glue the figure's mouth, not any DTF member's lips in particular. But correct me if I'm wrong.
Going back and re-reading my paragraph, it does seem like I am saying for those who are complaining to glue their mouths shut... Please note that I am not! It was regarding gluing the figure's mouth shut! My apologies, I'll fix this.

SidB

Quote from: Bread on September 13, 2023, 12:18:17 PM

Going back and re-reading my paragraph, it does seem like I am saying for those who are complaining to glue their mouths shut... Please note that I am not! It was regarding gluing the figure's mouth shut! My apologies, I'll fix this.
No, no, you didn't do anything wrong! I was making a joke! I doubt that anyone has rushed out to glue their mouths shut . Quite sure about that. I don't use emojis, so sometimes my humor is obscure, avatar_Bread @Bread .

Bread

Quote from: SidB on September 13, 2023, 12:37:01 PM
Quote from: Bread on September 13, 2023, 12:18:17 PM

No, no, you didn't do anything wrong! I was making a joke! I doubt that anyone has rushed out to glue their mouths shut . Quite sure about that. I don't use emojis, so sometimes my humor is obscure, avatar_Bread @Bread .
No worries! I did think it was funny, but I am also glad it was a misunderstanding as well.

Prehistory Resurrection

Over9K

Quote from: Bread on September 13, 2023, 12:18:17 PMGoing back and re-reading my paragraph, it does seem like I am saying for those who are complaining to glue their mouths shut... Please note that I am not! It was regarding gluing the figure's mouth shut! My apologies, I'll fix this.

FUN FACT: Cyanoacrylate glue, also known as "Super", "Crazy" or "C.A." Glue is widely used in Medicine to replace stitches and sutures when closing holes in a person's skin. This has been "True But Useless" with Over9K.

SidB

Quote from: Over9K on September 18, 2023, 07:02:00 PM
Quote from: Bread on September 13, 2023, 12:18:17 PMGoing back and re-reading my paragraph, it does seem like I am saying for those who are complaining to glue their mouths shut... Please note that I am not! It was regarding gluing the figure's mouth shut! My apologies, I'll fix this.

FUN FACT: Cyanoacrylate glue, also known as "Super", "Crazy" or "C.A." Glue is widely used in Medicine to replace stitches and sutures when closing holes in a person's skin. This has been "True But Useless" with Over9K.
True glue, I suppose. A trivial but fun fact that 'sticks' in the memory.

JohannesB

Sounds right, for as far as I know it was developed/invented by the military to close wounds.

SidB

Quote from: JohannesB on September 18, 2023, 10:10:00 PM

Sounds right, for as far as I know it was developed/invented by the military to close wounds.
During the Vietnam conflict.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Over9K @Over9K I would love to see more of "True but Useless"

GojiraGuy1954

Instructions unclear; glued my lips sealed, am about to dehydrate and shrivel up
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Samrukia

Saurophaganax with lips!

shahinos

So now PNSO is embarking on a mega theropod lip fest, as opposed to their mega theropod sans lip fest. How refreshing! 

Abobo

Lips : yeah!
Sculpt : yeah!
Coloration : meh...

SidB

I like the robustness of those forelimbs. Hope that the figure itself won't be undersized. though. And the lips are A-okay!

Quiversaurus

Oh wow. This guy looks terrific. I thought it was another Allosaurus for a split second. Loving that stance and that patterning.

They seem to be improving on their implementation of lips, too, compared to the Yangchuanosaurus.

Does this mean I should hold off on getting their current Allosaurus, in hopes of them releasing a lipped version? Hmmmm...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: