You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2023 - Poll

Started by DinoToyForum, October 04, 2023, 11:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for up to five dioramas

1. Leaping (Fish) Lizards!
10 (11.8%)
2. Everything the light touches, is her kingdom
2 (2.4%)
3. Permian Snack
5 (5.9%)
4. Our leviathan labour of love: from Dinosaurs to Plesiosaurs all in one landscape
13 (15.3%)
5. Dad! There's trilobites in the bath again!
9 (10.6%)
6. Just a little bite. What's the worst that can happen?
17 (20%)
7. Lord of the Sorna
2 (2.4%)
8. Burian's procession
10 (11.8%)
9. Dilophosaurus
12 (14.1%)
10. Diabloceratops at play in the Forest of Eden
2 (2.4%)
11. Let them fight
32 (37.6%)
12. The Approaching Storm
1 (1.2%)
13. Big fish little fish...lizard...thing...
2 (2.4%)
14. Welcome to the Gates of Hell
18 (21.2%)
15. Cretaceous Surprise
1 (1.2%)
16. River of Time
1 (1.2%)
17. Sultry feathers - yeah, this is, of course, the Mongolian Gobi!
52 (61.2%)
18. Hellish marshes
28 (32.9%)
19. Late Jurassic Confrontation
2 (2.4%)
20. Tianzhenosaurus digging in the forest
14 (16.5%)
21. PNSO Sinopliosaurus
12 (14.1%)
22. The Most Dangerous Game
0 (0%)
23. March of the Northmen
21 (24.7%)
24. Mammuthus columbi
12 (14.1%)
25. Taking Shelter
35 (41.2%)
26. Morning Stroll
9 (10.6%)
27. Too big for you
20 (23.5%)
28. There Can Be Only One
2 (2.4%)
29. Cave encounter
1 (1.2%)
30. Tuesday Last
10 (11.8%)
31. Swamp Dweller
17 (20%)
32. Dimetro-Dawn
1 (1.2%)
33. Snaggletooth
11 (12.9%)
34. Instinctively
2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: October 18, 2023, 11:29:23 AM

Halichoeres

Thank you both. Clearly a case of user error then! Submitted now.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

66 votes so far. There's one week left to vote if you haven't already!

Fossilized-Rubber

Could someone please tell me which are the big feathered dinosaurs in 17 and 31?
Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Fossilized-Rubber on October 11, 2023, 08:53:47 PMCould someone please tell me which are the big feathered dinosaurs in 17 and 31?
Those would be PNSO's Deinocheirus

postsaurischian

Quote from: crazy8wizard on October 11, 2023, 09:04:40 PM
Quote from: Fossilized-Rubber on October 11, 2023, 08:53:47 PMCould someone please tell me which are the big feathered dinosaurs in 17 and 31?
Those would be PNSO's Deinocheirus

... and the smaller one in 17 seems to be a repainted Wild Safari Deinocheirus.

postosuchus

Leyster

Quote from: postosuchus on October 13, 2023, 08:40:30 PMwhich dinosaurs in 6 and 11?
6 is the PNSO Museum Line Stegosaurus.
11 afaik are custom made.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

DinoToyForum

There are fewer than 24 hours left to vote for your favourite dioramas, so make sure you vote now if you haven't already.

When the poll closes the results should immediately become visible to all. However, I will verify all of the votes before confirming the winner. If I discover any foul play or attempts at cheating then I may have to ban members and remove their votes, so it's possible the final results will change after the poll has ended. So, please wait for my official announcement before celebrating or commiserating!

DinoFan2010

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

DefinitelyNOTDilo

suspsy

I've reposted the news on the Facebook page. Looking forward to seeing the winners!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

DinoToyForum

Thanks to everyone who voted for my diorama, number 8, Burian's Procession. As you can see I was going for a retro vibe. It was a pretty simple set up in my garden. I arranged the figures in a row on a brick so I could get the camera as low as possible to make the toys look big. I didn't use Photoshop but I did change the saturation slightly in a picture editor to give the image a warmer feel and to make the monochrome dinosaurs blend in a bit.

Crackington

Well done Dr Admin on organising the contest, some great entries (I voted for your one btw!). Big congratulations to the worthy winners.

I am just happy that 9 people voted for my daft Trilobites in the bath picture! I hope it raised a smile  :)

postosuchus

i am the author of diorama No. 34 "instinctively".

i want to receive criticism of my work. the more the better.

postosuchus

DinoFan2010

Quote from: Crackington on October 18, 2023, 07:06:14 PMWell done Dr Admin on organising the contest, some great entries (I voted for your one btw!). Big congratulations to the worthy winners.

I am just happy that 9 people voted for my daft Trilobites in the bath picture! I hope it raised a smile  :)
I was one of them, because the title just made me crack up! :))

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Federreptil

Wow, it worked! Sultry Feathers got the most votes. That speaks for the fact that the ideas have arrived. I really wanted to have the wonderful Deinocheirus from PSNO in the picture, because there is hardly a more impressive representation for a feathered dinosaur at the moment. It fits that so many feathered dinosaurs are found in the Gobi in particular. There should be a herding, despite the fact that most of the performers in the diorama don't even show up in this picture. I will again show variants and a making-of so that more species show up. But for this it becomes clear here that the Gobi had a completely different face 66 million years ago.

Thanks to all who voted for Sultry Feathers.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: postosuchus on October 19, 2023, 03:10:36 PMi am the author of diorama No. 34 "instinctively".

i want to receive criticism of my work. the more the better.

I personally voted only for dioramas in this contest. Though there are indeed quite a few good photos among all those entries, I see the diorama contest as what it is named: a diorama contest. So for me the photgraphed scene needs to be build up from a scratch, something more or less lasting - not a shot made with figures placed in the outdoor green. So that ruled my vote out for your shot in the first place.

Other than that I think you could have deceided for a more interesting perspective, showing more of the used figures or the social interaction they are intended to show. As a general photographic rule you could also go for "if you can`t take a good shot, try to make is as close as possible". The bird view perspective is rarely interesting in showing individual creatures. That being said, I had a hard time to deceide for a perspective in my entry this year aswell (Welcome to the Gates of Hell).

As a last personal note I could not related the title to the shown scene.

All that being said I hope it helps a bit rather than sounding too harsh, as it is in fact not intended like that.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Crackington on October 18, 2023, 07:06:14 PMWell done Dr Admin on organising the contest, some great entries (I voted for your one btw!). Big congratulations to the worthy winners.

Thanks avatar_Crackington @Crackington . I was very tempted to vote for your dioramas and I did consider it, but there were too many other good ones that nudged it out.

I voted for dioramas 6, 14, 17, 18, 25. Also in my shortlist and in close contention were dioramas 4, 5, 11, 23. I regretted that I couldn't vote for these as well and it was very difficult to whittle them down!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: