News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

1:35 scale Dilophosaurus

And the prototype paint scheme that will probably(?) be used for the resin ver.

Flaffy

Not a fan of the lack of lips at all. Especially with how sloppily painted the teeth are on the PVC release. HLG probably could've gotten away with not painting the teeth since they're so small.

The red version reminds me of The Isle's colour scheme which I enjoy.

Samrukia

wow so we get a set of 2 PVC figures

SenSx

No lips is a pitty.
The mouth does not seem articulated, so there is no reason for no lips.
And you have to buy two of them ?

thomasw100

The lack of lips is really strange, especially given that this model has not an articulated jaw. Now after many months of constant criticism PNSO which is not even present on this forum has finally changed to giving their theropods lips, while Haolonggood which interacts constantly with the community here, keeps doing their theropods without lips. I just do not understand what is going on any more.

Prehistory Resurrection

Reminds me of the Sideshow Dinosauria Maquette.

SidB

Quote from: thomasw100 on October 30, 2023, 10:06:16 AMThe lack of lips is really strange, especially given that this model has not an articulated jaw. Now after many months of constant criticism PNSO which is not even present on this forum has finally changed to giving their theropods lips, while Haolonggood which interacts constantly with the community here, keeps doing their theropods without lips. I just do not understand what is going on any more.
You're right, T @thomasw100 , it is more than a bit mystifying. On the positive side, the pair are a striking combo and, speaking personally, I've become imprinted on the imagery of Dilophosaurus with long, exposed teeth, so the lipless version, for me, doesn't bother me in the slightest. but that's just me.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lynx

Lips aside the color scheme is wonderful, definitely the best Dilophosaurus on the market. Weird how the prototype seems to have lips but the final models don't.
An oversized house cat.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Lynx on October 30, 2023, 01:03:44 PMLips aside the color scheme is wonderful, definitely the best Dilophosaurus on the market. Weird how the prototype seems to have lips but the final models don't.

Maybe another correction to be made in the future?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Quiversaurus

I really like how there's one that's sitting. Adds more visual interest especially on a shelf full of standing theropods.

I'm not particularly bothered by the lack of lips, but the inaccurate painting on the teeth is slightly concerning. Let's hope other individual models have better painted teeth. Colour schemes are otherwise pretty solid, as per HLG's standards.

Overall a pleasing release for me!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'll get these. They look almost directly inspired by the SS maquette just more updated.  I really don't care if they lips or not just seems to be the main argument on anything and I officially bow out of that discussion ;)

Carnoking

Definitely a SS flavor to it, but as I'll never own that statue this will make for a fine and more manageable substitution

Sim

Yes, Dilophosaurus finally!  I'm not bothered by the lack of lips.  I'm not sure which colour version I prefer.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I'm really hoping it comes with two models and a base, that would be incredible. Plus the fact that the sitting and standing versions have different color schemes means we technically have 4 variants this time!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Ok looking at the aliexpress listing it appears they do come together but they do not come with the base. On the plus side, if the official measurements are to be believed, they do actually measure up to 1:35!

Kuraro

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on October 30, 2023, 03:47:15 PMOk looking at the aliexpress listing it appears they do come together but they do not come with the base. On the plus side, if the official measurements are to be believed, they do actually measure up to 1:35!
Can you give a link from Ali?)

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Kuraro on October 30, 2023, 04:10:14 PM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on October 30, 2023, 03:47:15 PMOk looking at the aliexpress listing it appears they do come together but they do not come with the base. On the plus side, if the official measurements are to be believed, they do actually measure up to 1:35!
Can you give a link from Ali?)
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805996368997.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt

postosuchus

one might think that the female is depicted in a sitting position, but the sitting dinosaur is brightly colored, as males are traditionally depicted. interesting...

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Ngl, the fact that both individuals in the brown variant have the same color scheme makes me wanna headcanon that it's a gay couple lol. We need more gay dino rep.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: